ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ThimpleThighman
    Original poster 10 posts

There's a really obvious bug with the Ubisoft Connect UI that has not been fixed or addressed since I noticed it about 10 updates ago.

Go to the news page (or any page longer than one page length). If you then scroll using the mousewheel (even upwards), then the scroll bar at the right, will shoot to the bottom of the page and stay there.

The mousewheel no longer has any effect.

The only way to scroll up again is to either drag the scroll bar, or use the Page-Up / Page-Down keys.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 385 posts

@thimplethighman Hi there! Thanks for reporting this. I've tried reproducing this, but I am not encountering it on my launcher. Would you be able to take a short video demonstrating this?

Official Response
  • ThimpleThighman
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubikoreanbbq

Yes, I've uploaded a video (link below), but I don't see how this is any more explicit than what I already wrote above, as it's doing exactly the same thing.

https://pixeldrain.com/u/xXs7GpFW: (https://pixeldrain.com/u/xXs7GpFW)

Just scroll the mouse wheel up or down (it makes no difference which), the scroll bar shoots to the bottom of the screen and stays there. The mouse wheel now no longer has any effect whether you scroll up or down. So, two bugs in all.

• ThimpleThighman
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubikoreanbbq

Tried editing the reply post, but seems like it's limited to 300 seconds, which is pretty useless.

I should add, that you only need to scroll the mouse wheel up or down ONCE to get the scroll bar to shoot to the bottom of the screen.

ANY further mouse wheel scrolling thereafter, does absolutely nothing.

• ThimpleThighman
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubikoreanbbq

Further:

I'm reporting this bug on a Win 10 X64 system. I also dual-boot Windows 7 X64.

Just tried the Connect UI on Win 7 and it does exactly the same thing.

• ThimpleThighman
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubikoreanbbq

OK, I found out why you can't reproduce this bug (I think). 🙂

If I go into the mouse settings (which is currently set to 'Scroll one SCREEN at a time' and change it to 'scroll multiple lines' instead, then the UI works fine with the mouse wheel then! It scrolls gradually, and goes up and down etc.

This 'scroll one SCREEN at a time' setting is extremely useful in web browsers or for reading text wherever it occurs in the OS, as the beginning of the next page you're reading is just one mouse wheel click away. Scrolling 'multiple lines' (whatever that's supposed to mean) makes no sense to me at all.

On Linux there isn't even a universal way of setting the mouse wheel to scroll one screen at a time. It has to be done on an application by application basis. Unless that's changed recently?

Anyway...

It's a bug in the Connect UI, in that it it doesn't do what that mouse wheel setting is supposed to do i.e scroll one screen/page. Instead it scrolls to the bottom of the screen.

Hope this helps? 😉

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 937 posts

@thimplethighman Thank you for all of that information! Would you be willing to run Ubisoft Connect as administrator to test if that makes any difference for you?

Official Response
  • ThimpleThighman
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubisushivamp

Running it as administrator makes no difference at all.

How come you couldn't have tried that your end? 😉

All you have to do is change your mouse settings (temporarily) and you'll be able to verify everything I've posted?

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2273 posts

Hey @thimplethighman

I've tried reproducing the issue on my work and personal computers too and the mouse isn't getting stuck at the bottom of the page for me. Maybe it only happens with a specific mouse? Do you have more than 1 you are able to try with?

Official Response
  • ThimpleThighman
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubi-froggard

The 'mouse getting stuck' is not the issue, and is not the bug I reported.

The issue is that the SCROLLBAR shoots to the bottom of the page when you scroll the mousewheel (in any direction), and thereafter is unresponsive to the mousewheel. In the same manner as pressing the 'End' key does.

To see this effect. On Windows 10, go to Start->settings->PC Settings. Type 'mouse'. In 'Mouse settings' set 'Roll the mouse wheel to scroll' -> Choose 'One screen at a time' instead of 'Multiple lines at a time'.

With this setting, in a browser window such as Chrome, or Firefox for example, scrolling using the mousewheel, moves the scroll bar down one screen (page) at a time rather than 'x' lines.

On the Connect UI, this mouse setting doesn't work as it should.

Hope this helps.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2273 posts

@thimplethighman Sorry, I think there was some confusion from my last message. I did try exactly what you are saying is happening, and it's not happening for me.

Yes, the scrollbar shoots to the bottom of the page if you have it set to 'One screen at a time', but it isn't making the mousewheel unresponsive afterwards for me.

Official Response
  • ThimpleThighman
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubi-froggard

You're saying, that having set the mouse settings to scroll 'One screen at a time', that the Connect UI scrollbar having shot to the bottom of the screen (which is a bug anyway), that the SCROLLBAR subsequently responds to the mousewheel up scroll by moving back up, AND at one screen at a time, AND also goes down too, if you scroll downwards likewise?

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2456 posts

Hey @thimplethighman ,

I do believe that's what Froggard is referring to in being able to still use the mousewheel.

I've tested this myself too and have found what you've described, once at the bottom I cannot use the mouse and need to use the 'go to top' button instead.

I've passed this onto the team as something or them to view, however from here can't advise a time to expect an update so please watch this space and we'll let you know if there's any updates.

In the meantime, if wanting to check news, please use the 'scroll by lines' feature or if you're unable to do so, you can filter the latest news by game categories which will show less content, meaning you shouldn't have to scroll to see it all.

And of course if there's anything more we can help with in the meantime, please let us know.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • ThimpleThighman
    Original poster 10 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ThimpleThighman
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubi-theberry

Hi, and thank you for verifying my findings. Hopefully there will be a fix some time in the future. 🙂

Yes, the thread was going quite off-topic. Lack of editing the original post here, made clarifying the context further, quite difficult, of course.

Thanks once again and best regards.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2456 posts

No problem at all @ThimpleThighman, thanks for your help and report!

Take care out there!

Official Response

Suggested Topics