ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TerroneAssasino
    Original poster 4 posts

is everyone really happy about the fact that ubisoft forced us to just guess 50/50 about ublockable removing option-select?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• IlluminatiEyes
    1392 posts
    Banned

@terroneassasino
    Yes i am. And most of people are.
    No easy mode for noobs no more.
    Its better the UB 50/50, than just zone everything that moves in order to always sucessful have a guarenteed zone damage or a light parry and next heavy damage.

If people want to parry lights, have to train hard, and have reaction. No more just 2 button input with no side guessing.. Oh yeah 😄

• deathtocakl
    1370 posts
    Banned

Remember that this game is supposed to reward you for aggressive play. With option selects existing, by throwing an attack and knowing you are fighting someone who option selects, you are putting yourself on the defensive.

Also there's more option selects than just zone. You have bash option select, guardbreak option select, dodge option select, and some character specific ones too.

It's pretty hard to deal with a bp doing an unpunishable bash because you decided to feint an attack.

• King_of_Xibalba
    535 posts

@terroneassasino is the best thing to do and I say this as a veteran, even if I know how to use them it feels so cheap, it saves you from various reads, in no way represents skill.

• TerroneAssasino
    Original poster 4 posts

@deathtocakl once you get to know the option select of most of the character you can easily counter their option select by parrying or dodging

• TerroneAssasino
    Original poster 4 posts

@picoancus the casual light parry with option select rare come on, you it's a game of guessing wich one the enemy eill trhow you can't act based of something you have to counter you have to guess

• IlluminatiEyes
    1392 posts
    Banned

@terroneassasino
    Doing Light Parry with Zone OS, was the easiest thing to do Buddy...
    I did a few with no intention to made them...I just wanted to zone everybody... Just a matter of timing.
    Zone OS guarenteed damage in any way. If the enemy fly the UB, you parry him, or just land a zone attack...If he feint to light, you just parry him, and get heavy damage after...
    The agressor never had the advantage.

There are many moves that are Option Select, like bashes and some Heavy Dodges, and i accept them, no problem. But Zone OS was just ridiculous.

• TerroneAssasino
    Original poster 4 posts

@picoancus the aggressor could just feint and light from another direction or even feint and parry the os

• IlluminatiEyes
    1392 posts
    Banned

@terroneassasino
    If we all think about that way...Lets all Turtle and wait for the enemy first attack to do Zone OS. Right?!

• deathtocakl
    1370 posts
    Banned
    @deathtocakl once you get to know the option select of most of the character you can easily counter their option select by parrying or dodging

Yes I'm aware as I'm a very good player. Doesn't change anything about what i said.

• A Former User
    0 posts

Removing OS has turned ganks into a deathfest, it was the only thing you could do to stall your death while also dealing a bit of damage. Now players are stuck throwing raw heavys because enemies on side guard can just feint the crap out of you with no reprecussions.

I wonder what's next that will help n00bs kill vets, probably the removal of parry, dodge and blocking all together. While we are at it lets only give revenge to players under 50 reps, oh, and they should also start with all their feats just to give them the leg up out of the gate.

• IlluminatiEyes
    1392 posts
    Banned

@nydardoloth
    Zone OS removal now, dont help noobs neither vets.
    I never used them, so i just benefict with the removal. Actually i was punish hard by them a lot. Now its paradise for me.
    I stall ganks the same time i would stall before. Just defending the best way i can.

• MrBdur
    155 posts

@nydardoloth lol incorrect

Option Select removal is one of the smartest decisions the game design team has made in all of for honor's lifetime.

Truly good players will remain where they are.

Players like you, however, are obviously performing far worse, just as I predicted.

• A Former User
    0 posts

@mrbdur go do your little 1v1's cupcake, I fight 2-3-4 at a time because what you do is boring and easy.

I'm actually not doing any worse, all that's really happened is now I won't play as hard. Basically I just have to play less chaoticly, a main tactic of antiganking was taken and replaced with nothing.

• A Former User
    0 posts

@picoancus yeah, but like I said to you the other day, if you 'did' use OS during antiganks you would have done alot better. I totally see where your coming from though, since you never used it you never lost anything 🙂

vejo você no jogo meu irmão!

• MrBdur
    155 posts

@nydardoloth heads up there bud. I play duels, brawls, and dominion.

Yes, I am primarily a duelist type player (meaning I like duels and brawls the most) but that doesn't mean I don't know how to handle multiple opponents and how to externally defend myself, LOL.

You're just not as good as I am, that's all.

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • IlluminatiEyes
    1392 posts
    Banned

@nydardoloth
    Por falar nisso... Vou jogar agora. 😄
    I thank again you, and @Deathtocakl for teaming up with the old vets last time i played. It was beautiful to see and fun to play. With or without OS, fellowship is what i think most important.
    Companheiros de armas. 😄

• IlluminatiEyes
    1392 posts
    Banned

@mrbdur
    Buddy first of all, im not defending no one. But please dont rate people level. I dont doubt that you re a good player, really dont. I take your word.

But Nydardoloth is a good player, he has been my brother in arms last weeks, and i have nothing to say bad about him. Its a pleasure having brothers in arms like him.

As i told, friend @Deathtocakl joined us last time, and guess what? It was a very good addiction. We have won most of the games. Probably duels are his best category, and in Dominions he played as a team player as equal with us, and it was beautiful to see. I already had respect for him, and i got more just because he was humble helping the old vets.

Use the knighT Code, and try to help people, instead of remind them all the time that you re better (or not) than them. You ll see that you will be more rewarded. But hey...this is just an old guy talking... 😄

• MrBdur
    155 posts

@picoancus I appreciate your intention to give me advice, my friend, but I do not require education on how to be a decent person.

Context and tone can often be misrepresented through text.

Not only that, but due to my illness, people tend to misunderstand me in person, as well. It's no one's fault, just that I'd like to stop being "educated" and just have people consider that perhaps they are just misunderstanding my take on things.

Anyways, I am very much the type to help those who ask. If I recognize a newer player, I go easier and take a teacher sort of stance with them. I do not enjoy an unfair fight. If I beat an obviously less skilled player, you won't catch me bragging about it unless they were being disrespectful to me. Then I will absolutely shove it in their face, and it's something I have a very hard time with.

I'm not proud of the fact that I can get that way, but I recognize it and acknowledge it as not so great behaviour. That helps me to at least decrease how often it occurs for me.

I'm glad Nydardoloth has beefed up your team. Great! He has never even tried to speak to me from a place of reason or respect, so he won't see any from me.

Deathtocakl, dunno why you even brought them up. I've never had an issue with this user, and I don't think they've ever had any issues with me, either. As far as I know, this person is reasonable and respectful, as are you.

Suggested Topics