ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Azhrei21
    102 posts

I don't know why you're surprised by repeats, if you don't buy something it's going to show up again right?

• LA_Frankie
    Original poster 113 posts

9/12/21 daily, another tattoo

• LA_Frankie

@azhrei21 The point on repeats is this: if you buy something ONCE, it should NOT show up again. I didn't make that point clear, I thought it was assumed. Dynamic coding would fix Reda 100%.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1458 posts

@azhrei21

If you look at my posts in my thread about this you'll see the problem. There are tons of items that have never appeared in Reda's shop but others have appeared two, three, even four times.

• Kormac67
    1024 posts

Also Reda is a total jerk. I'd love to have a nice quiet message post instead like in Odyssey.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1458 posts

Niflheim (Back) for the second time rather than one of the six items that haven't appeared.

• LA_Frankie

@ubi-borealis 9/13/21 daily, another longship cosmetic

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@LA_Frankie Thank you for those updates! Rest assured that your earlier feedback and suggestion was forwarded! I do understand that this is a frustrating issue, but I can confirm that the team has seen your report and your suggestion. I recommend keeping an eye out on our News and Announcements thread for any updates to this!

Official Response
  • LA_Frankie

9/14/21 daily, another settlement decoration

9/14/21 weekly selections; 2 shields, 1 helmet, 1 bird, 1 tattoo, 1 settlement decoration

This week's 6 items are actually not THAT bad. Two shields are not ideal, but we've seen much worse weekly items.

• TheNorfolkian
    1193 posts

@la_frankie I too am a daily player who likes to snag some opal, and I completely sympathize with your position regarding the daily and weekly shop inventories. It seems that the selection of daily and weekly content is randomly chosen from a ‘pool’ of items that are ‘listed’ in the servers as being ‘available’ for opal purchases. This may explain why we’ve seen some armor sets repeat. Otherwise, it wouldn’t make sense if there was literally a person who chose to list the items that show up on a daily and weekly basis the way they are. That being said... I actually do appreciate that some armor pieces are repeating, as I am only one piece away from acquiring the entire Taranis armor set, but there are a lot of other useless items that do repeat as well.

As to your suggestion, dynamic coding would be a workable fix, but I am not sure Ubisoft has the server power to accommodate separate Reda inventories for every player. Also, the ‘public’ nature of the inventory as it currently exists facilitates a general awareness in the gaming community about what is available.

• LA_Frankie

FWIW today’s daily is a repeat: Frozen Soldier Statue.

and the Weekly bird is also a repeat ANGELUS MORTIS.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1458 posts

@la_frankie

that'll be the third time (in nearly six months) for the bird and the second (ditto) for the statue

• Largosensei871
    1 posts

I'm having trouble buying anything from reda's shop i try to buy something but it says something wrong with ubisoft servers does anyone know when this bug will be fixed or resolved? Thanks ^^

• TheNorfolkian
    1193 posts

@largosensei871 That question should be addressed in a separate topic... perhaps this one.

• Azhrei21
    102 posts

@spirantcrayon22 you seriously complaining that something showed up 3 times in SIX MONTHS? You realize some people don't get on the game daily right?

• SpirantCrayon22
    1458 posts

Well, yes, I am complaining. There are approximately 500 items that can be purchased from the Helix shop. Since 23rd March there have been approximately 300 "slots" in Reda's shop - but approximately 100 of these have been repeats. This is excessive stifling of a customer's ability to use the game to get hold of these cosmetic items rather than pay actual money to get them.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1458 posts

Sigh. Three out of seven are duplicated. Frozen Soldier Statue again rather than one of the six Niflheim items that haven't appeared in six months. Angelus Mortis for the third time rather than one of the eight Gothic items that haven't appeared in six months. ISU Maiden for the third time rather than one of the ten Knight Isu items that haven't yet appeared.

• Freestepper
    161 posts

@azhrei21 It shows up again even if you bought it already before.

@SpirantCrayon22 I believe they are purposefully ninja making some items to appear less than the other or making them not to appear at all. Like for example in Odyssey, i have never seen a single piece from Spartan Renegade set in Oikos shop and i played that game a lot. I've seen some posts from some people somewhere saying that Spartan Renegade actually appeared in Oikos before, but it must be pretty rare and i think it's on purpose, because Ubi knows it looks too good. Maybe i'm wrong, but i wouldn't be surprised if it was the case. And if it is, of course they will never admit it.

Also, if you buy some gear for real money, you are strait up buying cheat. Even if getting it with opals, it still feels like Reda is not part of the world and it still kinda feels like cheat. These items should be obtainable from the game's world. But that's probably no go for Ubisoft because "but... but... we run business". Yea, well, i paid enough for buying the game!

• Kormac67
    1024 posts
    It shows up again even if you bought it already before.

Well the shop is identical for everyone, Someone else might not have been online at the last offer, or not even owned the game then, or didn't have the opals.

• NeckPUNCHattack
    9 posts

@spirantcrayon22
    Keep it up!! You’re doing a great job documenting Reda’s shop!

if it truly meant as much to them as we’re led to believe, a hotfix would’ve been implemented to fix this months long ongoing intentional issue.

keep in mind…. Whenever exploits that affect the cash shop (in the players favor) appeared in the past (the pink boxes via diver raids), that was fixed in days. A simple change of weekly/daily items could be tweaked and altered to stop this intentional “bad” content, but it’s obvious Ubi doesn’t wanna fix it, so it’s great to see you continuously posting about it. Let’s just hope they don’t lock the thread from getting annoyed at reading all of this.

Suggested Topics