9/13/21 daily, another longship cosmetic

9/14/21 daily, settlement decoration

9/15/21 daily, another tattoo

9/16/21 daily, another settlement decoration

9/17/21 daily, another longship cosmetic

Do we see a pattern forming here? Lol

• SpirantCrayon22
    560 posts

Well, at least there were three days in a row. Today the Mystical Pants were duplicated rather than one of the six previously-unseen Mystical items (eleven when including the Amazon items) being made available. Had it been the cloak the entire gear set would have been available. Come on, Ubisoft, there is no need for this additional restriction.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

@LA_Frankie - Thank you for your continued updates to this thread. As previously communicated by my colleagues @Ubi-Borealis and @UbiStorm, your feedback regarding the frequently repeating items and item types has already been forwarded to the development team, as well as the comments made in other threads by players such as @SpirantCrayon22.

While it is appreciated that you are taking the time to update your thread with the shop contents, we have not been advised that this is necessary for you to keep documenting them to act as evidence, so please do not feel obligated to do so. We'll keep you and other players interested in these topics updated with the latest information as we receive it. Let us know if you need any additional assistance in the meantime, or have any questions. 🙂

@TheNorfolkian - Thanks for adding your thoughts to the thread as well. It is good to hear that the circulating items are somewhat helpful in your view, though greater variety would be appreciated. I'll add these comments to the feedback chain we have going with the development and Community teams.

@Largosensei871 - Welcome to Discussions! As @TheNorfolkian kindly advised, your question is not relevant to this particular topic and should be reposted in a more appropriate topic. If you're unable to find one that matches your exact issue, you are welcome to create your own, and we'll do our best to assist you there. Thanks! 🙂

@Freestepper - Your point about considering purchasing gear with opals "cheating" is interesting to me; could you elaborate on this, so that I can forward any relevant comments to the development team? As opals can be earned through in-game tasks, why is it that you feel this is too external to the game mechanics themselves? Thanks for any additional information that you can provide! 🙂

Official Response
  • Freestepper
    119 posts

@ubi-woofer

Your point about considering purchasing gear with opals "cheating" is interesting to me; could you elaborate on this, so that I can forward any relevant comments to the development team? As opals can be earned through in-game tasks, why is it that you feel this is too external to the game mechanics themselves? Thanks for any additional information that you can provide!

Really? Ok then. Those opals are obtained by completing quests that are repeating themselves every day. There's no any depth in them. Just kill that person or free that person and usually on the same locations. This is very boring. If you want us to feel like we really earned that gear, then either make a good story that leads to obtaining the gear (that is now obtainable only from Reda) without having to obtain it from Reda's shop where all the gear appears by RNG or hide the gear in the world, like it is with those that are normally obtainable in game or put some more world bosses in the game from which we could obtain the Reda's items/gear, not opals. And yes, you guessed it, remove Reda from the game. That would feel like the gear is obtainable in-game tasks.

• Azhrei21
    45 posts

@freestepper So basically.... go back to before microtransactions when everything in the game was... IN the game. Ya that'll never happen, they care too much about nickle and diming gamers these days (not just Ubisoft). At least for AC they've been giving us a way to get some of these things w/o real money anyway (like Reda).

• Freestepper
    119 posts

@azhrei21 I know it won't happen. I'm just trying to find out where this discussion with Ubi-woofer gonna lead.

Imo, i'd be happier if Reda items didn't exist and there wasn't even an option to obtain those items with opals. Simply the game minus Reda and his items and also minus the cash shop. Because even if you can obtain the items with opals, it still ruins the experience as it is.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

Hey @SpirantCrayon22,

Thank you for your continued updates within this thread regarding the repeating items appearing in Reda's shop. As I recently advised in another thread discussing a similar topic to this, the development team has not stated that they require additional details to investigate this at the moment, so please do not feel obligated to continue reporting the specific items at this point.

We'll keep you and other interested players updated with any news if any should become available. If the development team requires any additional information, we'll also inform you of this.

@NeckPUNCHattack - The feedback that items repeat too frequently has been forwarded, and we're continuing to watch out for updates as to whether the frequency of the repeats will be altered, or else if any direct changes will be made to how the shop is set up. We'll keep everyone updated on this here in this thread, and others discussing similar topics. Thanks!

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    560 posts

Another Knight Isu duplicate today. Only seven of this set have been through Reda's shop, three of those have now appeared twice and one has appeared thrice.

As for providing evidence, I have no problem continuing to do that even if there is no requirement.

• SpirantCrayon22
    560 posts

Today Gothic Pants repeated, so seven have appeared twice and two thrice while eight haven't appeared in six months.

Ullr's Hunter (Back) for the second time rather than one of the thirteen items that haven't appeared.

Black Raven Armor for the third time rather than one of the two or seven that haven't appeared. That's a seventh full mini-set, though - out of about fifty that could have happened in the last six months.

• VegasHeart
    48 posts

Saw this thread and just cant pass by.I must say thanks to @LA_Frankie and @SpirantCrayon22 you guys did amazing job with that items tracking.The support answers makes me laugh,really,reading something like this: Support team investigate it or looking at it.Are you serious?Like they dont know what they put into daily or weekly.You know i even imagine situation,when devs responding to this:
    Oh we created non-controlled bot,which put items ppl dont like,we need to do something 😄
    Nothing in this world happens by accident.I think devs just following orders,if someone who responsible for sales and microtransactions said them to do that,they will do,thats it.Helix store must bring some money,thats why we have all that.What is worst you cant influnce people who really responsible for that.
    At the ending in my opinion Reda shop should be closed forever.Instead of this people should receive some currency weekly or montly for doing some activities,mission,etc and be able to spent it on anything they want,anytime(not some random items).Great exampel-seasons reward in WD Legion,played 3 seasons-collect a currency and spent it on anything you like.I want to see something like this here.That is fair reward for the time you spent in game.

• SpirantCrayon22
    560 posts

Today, Ullr's Hunter Offering Stone has been repeated - so there remain thirteen that haven't appeared when three have appeared twice.

• TheNorfolkian
    533 posts

@afewscarsmore @Azhrei21 @bielik01 @Freestepper @LA_Frankie @Largosensei871 @lemmie88 @NeckPUNCHattack @SpirantCrayon22

If y’all want to really do something about this problem, upvote and comment on this thread. With enough attention, the mods will likely bump it to the devs. The solution in that thread doesn’t have to be the only one. If you have a better idea, I’l support it.

Edit: Also, check out this other thread with a similar idea I just learned about... Improving Reda's shop, opal rewards and some other suggestions | Ubisoft Forums

• lemmie88
    205 posts

@thenorfolkian I upvoted them both, for whatever good it'll do! Best of luck.

But honestly, I think the pain of Reda is calculated and deliberate. They want to incentivize players to log on every day, pretend there's some way around the mtxs, while not actually giving us anything we want.

• Kormac67
    733 posts

@lemmie88 That's what I'm thinking to.
    To be honest - most of the gear is useless anyway (not even speaking of tattoos and decorations). Best thing I got was the Alsvinder horse. And it made all the other rides useless in return. 😞
    There is just a handful things I'd like to have. I got the puffin for Synin and I'd like to have one of the dragons if they ever get available.

• SpirantCrayon22
    560 posts

@kormac67

What does Alsvinder do? Does it actually fly? I always presumed the mounts were simply skins.

• Azhrei21
    45 posts

@spirantcrayon22 if that's the one with wings it doesnt' fly... but you can safely glide off cliffs

• bielik01
    885 posts

@azhrei21 yup, it worked the same way in Odyssey 😄

• lemmie88
    205 posts

@kormac67 I bought Alsvinder too! I only bought that and some weapon I can't remember and don't use (because useless, as you said). And I only bought the wing horse because people on this forum recommended it! 😁

Alsvinder is great because I don't feel like a guilty horse murderer when I accidentally jump off cliffs. I don't think I've seen it glide, it just doesn't die when you land. Also, I've seen it bug out once or twice where when it gets scared, its wings get stuck open. So it freaks out running away with its wings up. Hilarious. 😂

• drpnst1
    5 posts

Today (9/24) its the Roundtable Helmet again… the second time. How about the Torso (the one last part of the set that didnt appear at Redas yet)?

Suggested Topics