ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SpirantCrayon22
    1440 posts

Today, Múspell Warg appeared again when seven of this skin set haven't shown up.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1496 posts

Thanks for your feedback @Freestepper and @TheNorfolkian - will make sure it gets forwarded to our team accordingly.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1440 posts

Today another poor show.

Huldufolk Banner again when nine of this set haven't appeared.

Engraved Tree again when eight of the Taranis set haven't appeared.

Charlemagne Figurehead again when twelve of this set haven't appeared.

• thegardener25
    167 posts

@spirantcrayon22 I think the engraved tree had an exclamation mark! I thought that usually meant that it's appearing at Reda for the 1st time. Has it already been on offer?

I think you're doing a great admin job of recording all the stuff Reda's had for sale. Bearing in mind, the game is just short of 12 months old, so you're bound to get a lot of repeat items, & if there's something wrong with the rng that prevents certain items from appearing, is certainly worth them investigating. But tbh, I'm not too worried about having 2 or 3 weeks of repeat items & tat. There's only enough opal available in a week to buy 1 item, so those 2 or 3 weeks gives me a chance to bank some opal (for those weeks where there are maybe 3 items worth buying!). So @Ubi-Karl, ask the dev's not to rush in & ban items that have already appeared at Reda! Because I'm sure I'm not alone, in that there's bound to be items that have already appeared, but I couldn't buy, because I simply didn't have enough opal to buy it at the time. So I wouldn't mind a 2nd chance.

• VegasHeart
    104 posts
    @ubi-froggard Thanks for continuing to reach out regarding Reda's shop items. As it has been mentioned before, the rotation system is designed to allow repeating items so that all players have the opportunity to access these at some point in time.

Also thinked about that and rotation make sense,cuz some players only now got the game,but lets be a little honest here.
    Mostly repeated items,that items with the worst sales,which ppl dont want to buy.So be ready to see crap like Modern day gears,tattos and cosmetics more often then useful items like ISU set.I also can say there are items with 0 chances to be in daily or weekly and same 0 chances to collect all set,example-Unicorn ship.
    @SpirantCrayon22 correct me here if I wrong.High Elf,Werewolf,Carolingian,Dark knight and Jormungandr sets have 0 apperance in daily or weekly(mentioned gears).So sales must be going really bad 😄 thanks God ppl stopped buying things.

While there are no changes planned to the design at this time, the team is currently investigating ways to improve the rotation of the available selections.

Not even expected anything else 😄 Ubisoft my favorite company with 0 trust and 0 respect.After 1 year greed lvl increased so much.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1440 posts

@thegardener25

Thanks for the comment. I want to stress that repeated items would be fine but there are so many items that have never appeared that it remains an issue. Why has the Niflheim Hood been made available five times over the last seven months when the Niflheim Pants haven't appeared at all? There are about 500 items that could be made available. Since the end of March there have been about 400 "slots" in Reda's shop. So it's quite possible that we could have been seeing unique items every day and still not be that close to running out of new stock. So I am not on the page you indicate, that repeats are fine and not surprising. It's fine that you have a different view but I'll scream if I see any of the Ubisoft people write as a response to my posts that not everyone is unhappy with the situation!

• SpirantCrayon22
    1440 posts

@vegasheart

Items from the sets you mention . . .

Carolingian - zero
    Dark Knight and High Elf - one each
    Werewolf - three
    Jormungandr - nine (including a complete settlement decoration set)

• SpirantCrayon22
    1440 posts

@thegardener25

Forgot - the Engraved Tree appeared on 18th July as well as this week's current set.

• azullFR
    2027 posts

@spirantcrayon22
    Exact 🙂
    Just an info : once you buy the Engraved Tree to Reda for 35 Opals.... he will continue to sell it to you for 35 Opals....
    So : do not do my mistake 😉
    ... on top of that I don't like it ! 😂 😂

• SpirantCrayon22
    1440 posts

Gothic Pants for the third time since the end of March. Six of this set haven't appeared once in that time.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1440 posts

Modern Day Bracers for the third time; eight of this skin set haven't appeared once.

• VegasHeart
    104 posts

@spirantcrayon22 Maybe you meant cosmetics.Gears parts wasnt in daily or weekly.I cant remember Jormungandr gears,cuz I ignored that set,but others wasnt in daily/weekly that for sure.Ubisoft only throw us bones with cosmetics and skins thats all.
    About that Niflheim pants you mentioned,yeah I noticed that too,that It not appear for a long time,but 7 months that [censored] insane!Same I can say about Valkirie set,they keep it hidden for a long time.I think the last time I saw it when ppl find that Dev room boxes.Ubisoft seems decided its not okay,that ppl received some parts so easy and locked it inside store.

• VegasHeart
    104 posts

@spirantcrayon22 My reaction to Modern day gears repeats always will be like this:

Let me say I dont understand what that set doing in game,for me its the most ridiculous set in game.Cmon shield and weapon(which is sword lol)must be Leila bring that to England 😄 They tried to play on R6 players feelings i guess,when creating it.Only good from this set is settlement cosmetics.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1440 posts

@vegasheart

Thanks for the reply. I call all of these items skins. The gear items do have perks but Eivor is so hard that (for me, at least) they're of no value. Only a very few items do something that adds a mechanic to the game, such as the gliding horse but that's a little silly and not actually that useful. The Isu weapons that we're given are useful but there we pay by having fun playing the game, not grinding for opals every day only to find those damned repeats or spending hard-earned money.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1440 posts

Another week, another new thing in the Helix shop and more repeats rather than one of the items that hasn't appeared in Reda's shop. Awful. Five out of seven are repeats, last week five out of the thirteen were repeats. There are still hundreds of items that have never appeared in the shop. Ubisoft, it is clear that there is no rotation of note.

Bannermen's Spear for the third time since March when seven of the Hearthweru set haven't appeared in that time.

Múspell's Wall for the second time since March when six of the Hel's Damnation set haven't appeared in that time.

Draugr (Front) for the second time since March when three of that set haven't appeared in that time.

Mystical Pants for the third time when ten of that set haven't appeared.

Broken Wings for the second time since March when six of the Gothic set haven't appeared in that time.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1440 posts

Today Frostruin repeated rather than one of the five Niflheim items that haven't appeared once.

• LA_Frankie
    Original poster 113 posts

@spirantcrayon22 The repeats are out of control. We know that the selections are not random. None of the newer Helix packs appear, nor do the 'unique' sets -- i.e., non-reskins. Hence, Ubisoft has control over what is showing up in Reda's shop to some extent.

It's time for a total re-work of Reda and the opal system. But at this point, it's been one year, it's probably too late.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1440 posts

Today, Viking Pyre Totem duplicated rather than one of the six that hasn't appeared in Reda's shop since the end of March.

@la_frankie

Thinking logically (for what it's worth, though it's depressing when applied to the real world all the time), of course Ubisoft has complete control over Reda's shop, whether or not the system they put in is random. They can put in another system whenever they want. They can give all the items to all players if they want, and so on. There is no question they can do whatever they want in this area.

So why the current state? Okay, first question is, what is the current state? Well, my belief is that it really is fundamentally completely random with two less-random modifiers. Firstly, they don't put in certain items for some period, so six months or whatever for the Amazon Prime/Twitch things, less for new cosmetic things in the Helix shop. Secondly, there do appear to be non-random selections, where it just seems too coincidental that some items from a given set appear in quick succession or all on the same day, so it certainly feels like they modify it manually. Also, there was one day where I am pretty certain an item got changed after an hour or two. Modern Day, I'm pretty sure the item was initially the Animus but changed to another settlement cosmetic.

Why the current state, then? Well, they'll have a plan and the decision-maker is of the opinion they'll maximise revenue if they keep the system that irritates the likes of me, you and others. From where I'm sitting I doubt that is actually true but maybe there are thousands of people buying Helix credits. I sure as [censored] don't. Pre-ordering the Ultimate version of the game and the Premium add-ons pack was enough and the cosmetics are actually fairly pointless.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1440 posts

Another week, another lot of repeats of items already seen in the last eight months rather than items that haven't shown up.

Hrimfaxi, Einherjar Shields, Bald Eagle, Bear-Claw and Berserker Bracers all reappearing. Nine Huldufolk items haven't appeared once but five repeats have been seen. It's the same figures for the Einherjar set. The Hearthweru set has six items than have never appeared but there have been nine repeats. Eleven Berserker items haven't appeared but there have been six repeats.

• LA_Frankie
    Original poster 113 posts

@spirantcrayon22 It’s getting worse not better.

Ubisoft is either clueless about what the users want or they are purposely trying to kill the Opal system in favor of helix. Losing 1000 opals users for 1 whale makes sense for the bottom line but will kill the longevity of the game.

and also leave a sour taste in the loyal players mouth when it comes to future titles.

Suggested Topics