ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Savvage91
    48 posts

@azullFR @TheNorfolkian

In origins the currency was not server sided, that's why the loots didn't transfer to other saves. There you could have thousands of drachma and save before you try your luck and then if you were not happy with the results you could reload and try again. That's why in the next 2 games we have server side currency (orichalcum in odyssey and opal in valhalla) witch is profile connected. I support very much the idea of those lucky boxes because with them I managed to get everything in odyssey. I also bought some armors that I really liked from the store only because back then ubisoft seemed to respect us a bit more than now...

• TheNorfolkian
    1215 posts

@stevez_pun Thanks for setting the record straight. @azullFR is probably right that some update was made that allowed for everything to transfer.

• SteveZ_Pun
    355 posts

@azullfr
    I test a new start in ACV and i only get the items from the Owned section. Its a joke, we spent time to get this items and cant use them for a new start.
    This items should be saved also under owned, we paid for the game and earned them. In other games you keep all items from events. Another minus for Ubisoft....
    Also isnt fair if you want play from start with items you got from Reda or the events. Maybe Ubisoft think the game isnt worth to play again XD..and i agree...
    Origins and Odyssey i played 3 times like crazy and still like them

In Odyssey is it the same, only items you must buy from the Store are saved under Owned. If you got one of this store items from Oikos you can add them in an older save but ingame items not.
    Maybe you can keep this unique items for new game+.

• bielik01
    1721 posts

@stevez_pun in Origins you could choose the items from the owned section. You could add them at the very moment you desire, so that it would be already enhanced to the highest level, or not, depending on the moment you add said item to the inventory.
    The problem with Valhalla is they distinguish where the item originates from.
    If you get the item from Ubisoft Connect rewards, it's tied to your account, but once you get it, it's the lowest level. If you get the item from the Animus store, the level depends on the most advanced item in your inventory. And the festival rewards are not in the picture in this case.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1497 posts

Another suggestion, and I'm not sure why I haven't thought of it before. Here's a starter-for-ten for those who know the quiz show University Challenge.

I didn't do anything with Reda for a while. Not exactly sure when I started collecting, some time in February maybe. Since then I've been rigorous and missed almost nothing from Reda or Connect (eg, the stupid 50 River Raid weekly - that might be the only thing I missed in fact).

The "earnable" opal income is 90 per week from Reda and 30 per week from Connect. The most anyone could have collected from these sources is about 7000. That is for people who play every day and miss nothing. No idea what the total of opal is within the game.

Let's look at a Store skin set. A typical-and-on-the-cheaper-side Character Pack is 1500 Helix. A Ship Pack is 500 H. A Settlement Pack is 500 H. A Tattoo Pack is 200 H. A complete set then totals 2700 H.

The outcome of this is that if opal and Helix are made one and the same thing then over the course of the entire game people could only have bought about 2-3 complete skin sets from the ever-increasing list of those that are available. With what is more-or-less guaranteed to come out over the next year . . .

So why not just call opal and Helix the same thing? I'd not have 4000 opal that I'm not using and be a little happier with an incentive to return, knowing that I'm going to get a pay-back. Those that want to buy stuff are going to have to buy stuff anyway.

So, come on Ubisoft, take the risk that you might make your customer base happier?!

• SpirantCrayon22
    1497 posts

Berserker Helm for the third time since March. I can't be bothered to work out how many from this set haven't appeared.

• thegardener25
    170 posts

@spirantcrayon22 You can earn upto 60 opal per week from Connect.

• bielik01
    1721 posts

@thegardener25 how? 4x5 opals for weekly challenges you can do on your own, and 10 opals when community challenge goal is reached.

• thegardener25
    170 posts

@bielik01 yeah, you're probably right. My mistake!

• SpirantCrayon22
    1497 posts

@thegardener25

Didn't realise it was systematic though have read something similar.

• thegardener25
    170 posts

@spirantcrayon22 I've never seen it in the forum. I think what we really need is more opals in the game though, before any major overhaul of Reda, because I missed out on some of the gear that was on offer earlier on in the game, simply because I had to make a choice on which gear sets to go for. I should point out that, there's nothing in the helix store that I really want or need! I'm just collecting stuff for the sake of collecting! If they offered more ways to collect opal, then as I mentioned a few months ago, I'd play Reda Bingo & just start collecting all kinds of tatt, like settlement ornaments, tatt's, boat gear & companions. I've managed to get about 5 gear sets, & I've got a few at 4/5 & 3/5. I've still got my 300 helix credits from the start of the game, so I could complete some more. But I think your pointing out that some items or items from certain sets have never appeared is definitely a problem for players that have their minds set on exactly what they want. But there's just so much stuff in the store now, it's getting less & less likely players will ever get what they want. But I'd prefer more opal before expanding Reda's available items.

• bielik01
    1721 posts

@thegardener25 as I thought 😄

• TheNorfolkian
    1215 posts

@thegardener25 Just out of curiosity, which five gear sets did you manage to acquire?

• thegardener25
    170 posts

@thenorfolkian Sht! I've literally just done the Reda dailies, an Avenge quest & collected the trade goods from Ireland & back to Ravensthorpe then logged out, but I'll see if I can list from memory.

Gothic
    Huldufolke
    Draugr
    Black Raven? or Dark Raven?
    & I'm sure I've got a 5th set, but I can't recall what it is.

I'll more than likely log back in later after the ubisoft vid drops, because I want to record all the resources & gear I've got, as I think we have to re-install/download the game (maybe tomorrow?). I'll be seriously pishd off if I lose any of my stuff. Anyhow I'll update my list then. I've got 4/5 for 3 other sets (I think) a 3/5 & some other bit's & pieces. As I mentioned, I don't particularly want, or need these sets & I'll probably never equip them. I always had a thing for the Grim Reaper, so that's the set I'm playing with. The cloak looks great, although I'd prefer it to be longer (at least down to the ankles, if not the floor). I didn't like the torso, it just looks stiff as if its made from old tyre rubber, so I transmogged it with the Gothic Torso. The armour plate on it reminds me of the Sturgeon fish scales, but the ragged fabric front, below the waist is a better match for the Reaper cloak!

• SpirantCrayon22
    1497 posts

@thegardener25

Hm . . . no, I think Reda's offerings need overhauling a few months ago. At least for me. I got some stuff free with Amazon and those are the sets in which I'm interested, to finish them off. If I knew I could work towards the certainty of a complete set life would be more interesting in ACV. Obviously we're going to get lots more skin sets in the coming months so finishing off sets is going to get even less likely and then opal is just building up for no reason.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1497 posts

Draugr (Right Arm) for the second time and Draugr Armor for the fourth time since 23rd March when two of this set haven't appeared.

Huldufolk Mystic Tree for the second time since 23rd March when six of that set haven't appeared.

Charlemagne Hull for the second time when ten of that set have not appeared. Three of the ship items have appeared twice, in fact, while the other two haven't appeared.

Viking Pyre Figurehead for the third time since 23rd March when four of that set haven't appeared.

This is rubbish, Ubisoft, simply rubbish. The Reda system needs sorting out.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1497 posts

More rubbish supplied to Reda by you guys at Ubisoft. Isu Maiden for the FOURTH time. Ten or so have never appeared. What's so special about that one?

• SpirantCrayon22
    1497 posts

Huldufolk Hull repeated rather than one of the six that haven't been in the shop in nine months.

• TheNorfolkian
    1215 posts

@spirantcrayon22 At the very least, Ubisoft finally released a gear item from the High Elf set this week. How long has it been since that set was first put up for sale? Are there any indications of a timeline for when new gear sets eventually start getting circulated into Reda’s lottery?

• SpirantCrayon22
    1497 posts

@thenorfolkian

Slow. I think it also depends on release elsewhere. I am unsure of the release date but the first High Elf item appeared in 19th October. Five of this set have appeared (no repeats - yet). I got Black Raven and Mystical stuff from Amazon and they were unavailable for much longer.

Suggested Topics