ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bielik01
    1717 posts

@spirantcrayon22 when was mystical stuff available there? And what was exactly the content of the prime drop?

• SpirantCrayon22
    1435 posts

@bielik01

Having looked, I'm actually not sure of the dates and whether there was a long lag. I thought there was but Black Raven stuff has been in Reda's shop for as long as I've been making notes (the earliest item I have is 30th March, for Mystical it's 11th May). I don't remember when I got them but it was fairly early on, I think, in the offer. The Amazon/Twitch thing comprised the five settlement items. Currently the Dark Knight set is available by the same mechanism, this time it's the five ship items and the two weapons.

• bielik01
    1717 posts

@spirantcrayon22 I was asking about Mythical stuff available at Amazon 😄
    Maybe I missed something, but as far as I know there were three packs
    1) Carolingian Dynasty Gear Pack
    2) Druidic Settlement bundle
    3) Dark Knight bundle.

The thing you mentioned probably was a part of pack no. 2.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1435 posts

@bielik01

Memory failing me on this one! I remember there was a "druidic settlement bundle". I did get free Black Raven stuff, I have a memory it was at the same time as the Mystical. The only one where I'm sure is the current one!!

• azullFR
    2026 posts

@bielik01
    I just found this (not 100% sure about English names) :

first mystical gear I found in my notes is Mystical armor (torso) at Reda for 120 Opals = May the 18th, 2021 (10:07 PM - UTC/GMT)

(for others Mystical items, like Boat, and Settlement, I'm not sure of their names, so I didn't search)

• SpirantCrayon22
    1435 posts

@azullfr

Correct, the armour was there on 18th but Eugene appeared one week earlier. I never made notes of the opal cost as I've always had far more than needed for what I wanted (but far less than needed to buy everything).

• SpirantCrayon22
    1435 posts

Black Raven (Right Arm) repeated rather than one of the six from this set that haven't appeared.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1435 posts

Huldufolk (Left Arm) repeated rather than one of the three tattoo items from this set that haven't appeared (or one of the other two).

Rubbish week, one of the worst. Nine of thirteen were repeats when there are way over 200 that haven't appeared.

• Savvage91
    48 posts

Every week it's getting crappier... 3 hulls for God's sake and just one armor piece!! If ubi thinks with one half hour crossover we will get hyped to buy the next expansion they should think again... After all those crappy selections I won't even consider buying it until they fix Reda.

• azullFR
    2026 posts

@savvage91
    just looked at Redas' weekly reset ...
    in France we've got an expression used for : when things are surprisingly great or even wrong, it's kind of (depending on regions) : "pouh, pouh, pouh" ... It suddenly became so close to some other English words ... Thanks Reda ! 😉

• SpirantCrayon22
    1435 posts

@savvage91 @azullFR

Indeed. Awful once again today. Only one item had never been in Reda's shop. Since late March, a week before the reset improved things slightly . . .

Mystical (Front) for the second time. These tattoos have appeared 9 times but not Back. As a whole, 16 of the items have appeared a total of 27 times, 8 have not appeared.

Valkyrie Armor for the third time. The armour items have appeared 7 times but not the leg armour. As a whole, 20 of the items have appeared a total of 33 times, 4 have not appeared.

Modern Day (Back) for the third time. These tattoos have appeared 7 times but not Front or Left Arm. As a whole, 18 of the items have appeared a total of 34 times, 6 have not appeared.

Taranis Hull for the second time. These ship items have appeared 5 times but not Sail or Shields. As a whole, 19 of the items have appeared a total of 34 times, 5 have not appeared.

Einherjar Tailpiece for the second time. These ship items have appeared 5 times, too, but not Hull or Sail. As a whole, 16 of the items have appeared 23 times, 8 have not appeared.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1435 posts

So that's now 4362 pointless opal in the inventory. About as much use as the 11700 Supplies, 120 Raw Materials, 130 Fabric, 354 Carbon, 250 Nickel, 257 Tungsten, 620 Foreign Supplies, 800 Trade post supplies, 50 Collectibles (okay, 49 if I ignore the box that has River Raid keys) and 75 Quest Items.

Titanium and Iron Ore are the only ones in short supply these days. Leather's in between; I might have 20711 but far more than that has been used in upgrading gear.

• TheNorfolkian
    1187 posts

@spirantcrayon22 I’m starting to think that the intended plan all along was always to release only some parts and not the whole. I can see the development meeting now as it happened before the game launched...

“So, how do we increase sales in the Helix store?”
    “Well, sir... we have that Reda character whom players responded to positively in Origins. We could have him offer a storefront of items that feature some stuff on the store, but not everything.”
    “Uh-huh, go on...”
    “Yes, sir... the point is, players who stick with it and buy everything will eventually find that they don’t have everything. We can even put indicators in the store that show each player that they only have so many items of any given set. They will eventually give in and pay us for those missing items!”
    “Won’t they figure this out at some point?”
    “It is possible, sir, but if we make the selections in Reda’s store seem impossibly random and absurd with lots of non-essential items, the players won’t suspect that there is any deliberate intelligence behind the curtain we are pulling over their eyes.”
    “Excellent... make it happen.”

• SpirantCrayon22
    1435 posts

Modern Day Helmet again today, not one of the six that have never appeared.

• Freestepper
    161 posts

@spirantcrayon22 I don't get why would anyone want these modern day stuff in the first place and destroy their immersion with it.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1435 posts

@freestepper

I have to agree, I don't get that one in particular.

• TheNorfolkian
    1187 posts

@freestepper What’s even more odd is that the modern set isn’t even that good. Like, how much of an attack bonus does it give based on the remaining health of the target?

The only thing I have from the modern set is the bird, Dronin, just because it’s cool to have a robot Abstergo raven.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1435 posts

Charlemagne's Crown again. Ten of that set haven't appeared but six have now appeared twice.

• Freestepper
    161 posts

@spirantcrayon22 The same goes for Ezio or Altair outfits or Adrestia boat. I don't want stuff that doesn't belong to Valhalla's world or theme. It looks weird and completely off. I wanna cool Viking, Druid or whatever stuff feels right for Valhala world.

@TheNorfolkian Tbh, i'm never looking on the stats of these cash shop items. If it looks cool, it's fine. If i get it for free, that is. I would never buy anything from the cash shop.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1435 posts

Ugh. Anti-air Canon (still the wrong spelling) repeated. Six Modern Day items have never been in the shop whlile the other eighteen have, on average, all appeared exactly twice. Ridiculous.

Suggested Topics