ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Lollo_168
    Original poster 17 posts

First of all:
    1) I know that there are heroes that needs buffs or reworks before him
    2) I know he is good ( except a few tweeks regarding his lights and stamina cost on zone)
    Now I can start saying that in my opinion it's time to break his curse that keeps holding him back since the release, I 'm talking about the "tutorial character curse".
    I think that he is a good potential in terms of combos and mechanics but seeing this potential negated because he is the pg that has to holds hand with new players is paunful.
    So if you have time ( you are doing a great job with reworks and updates) i would love if you consider the idea of giving him a proper rework
    Feel free to share opinions here as long as you are not annoying or arrogant.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• deathtocakl
    1494 posts

I mean sure he's the "tutorial character" but he's also very strong. He's A tier in duels. He's less good in 4s primarily due to feats. But he has wide sweeping unblockables and very good chase.

• Lollo_168
    Original poster 17 posts

@deathtocakl no doubt about it, he is indeed strong so a reowrk wouldn't be about making him stronger but rather transform him in a more enjoyable and interesting charachter
    After the raider rework the abyss between warden and the other vanguards is even deeper
    Just my idea

• deathtocakl
    1494 posts

@lollo_168 its just the nature of the beast if you ask me

• Lollo_168
    Original poster 17 posts

@deathtocakl being philosophical in for honor is a must ahahah
    Anyway for me warden will be a ruined peace of art in this game

• IlluminatiEyes
    1713 posts

@lollo_168
    I think Warden is good. He got the UBs, bash connected with every light or heavy blow. Good Zone.
    I think his gameplay go throw his Bash 50/50 of fly...Charged or not, or even feint to GB.
    Im no duelist...Im just a a player who maneuvers right in the middle of the Chaos of the Dominions. About duels @Deathtocakl can advise better than me about Warden's advantages and disadvantages 1v1.

• Csodaszarvas_G
    343 posts

@lollo_168

If you ask me, Warden is a really good hero (my second favorite), so he/she doesn't require a rework. Smaller tweaks/buffs would be enough. However you're right that his true potential is locked away, behind his somewhat old move-set. To make him/her better I think that we should make his/her kit more "free-style" combined with some QoL changes.

What I mean Is:

• Some of his light attacks are still 600ms. Speed those up to 500ms.
    • Reduce the stamina cost of the zone attack to 40 or 30.
    • Make him/her able to chain into a light finisher after a zone attack (of course the player could follow that light finisher up with a shoulder bash)
    • Make top light chain starters Enhanced.
    • Change some of his useless feats, like Takedown etc.

• Lollo_168
    Original poster 17 posts

@csodaszarvas_g i see your point, he is very good in duels cause of the pressure of the 50/50 and the new unblockables( ah buff that he really needed)
    What makes me reflect is the lack of mechanics in his kit compared to all the other vanguards( for example no soft feint, no dodge attack or a deflect, no hyper armor on attacks )
    Warden is good no doubt but in my opinion and for the experience i had with the charachter he lacks what makes a pg interesting and fun.
    On the other hand this is not my game so mine will be just and idea that developers are free to ignore or not
    And thanks for sharing your thought guys, really appreciate that

Suggested Topics