ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• mihailo_712
    Original poster 1 posts

Hi, there. So, this has been a real bummer, since FC3 is one of my all-time favorites. Needles to say, I was more than hyped to relive the experience almost 10 years after the release.

The Problem: Far Cry 3 Freezes Constantly a few minutes into the game. Here's how it goes down:

When starting a new game, FC3 starts okay, although some major FPS drops can be noticed here and there (it runs as low as 28 FPS), but it's bearable, since it's only for less than a second, then it climbs back up.

Moving on, as soon as the opening sequence finishes, and I exit the cage with Grant (the very first couple of minutes) the game simply freezes and stops responding. I've tried waiting for it to respond, but it's stuck on a loop, even an hour after it freezes. The funniest thing about it is that the audio continues.

Now, I run an older graphics card, it's an nVidia GTX 760, so I supposed that it could have been too out of date. However, the nVidia GeForce Experience Panel shows that my recommended settings for the game were to go for it and simple set everything to ULTRA.

I took a look at the numbers with GeForce Experience overlay on when I launch the game, and the FPS went as low as freaking 17, GPU usage at 100%, and the GPU temp was around 158°F (70°C) -- maybe that's normal, I'm not sure about that 😵.

I browsed the web for a possible solution, and I've tried the following options:

1. Disabling all overlays that could interfere with FC3, including Ubisoft Connect
    2. Stopping the 'TabletInputService'
    3. Running The Game In Compatibility Mode (I've Tried Different Service Packs)
    4. Running The Game With 4 CPU Cores Instead ALL Of Them
    5. Editing The 'GamerProfile' File

Matching the screen resolution didn't help, the game would still crash after a few minutes. Running the game with DirectX9 showed no results either.

I still felt like it could be a GPU performance problem, so I tried running FC3 with the lowest possible video settings -- still, no luck. The quality gets lower and GPU usage drops, but the crash still occurs nonetheless. Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea what to do?

My Specs:

Processor
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Video Card
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
    RAM
    32 GB
    Operating System
    Windows 10

Thanks in advance!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1542 posts

Hey @mihailo_712, since you have exhausted all steps from our PC Troubleshooting Guide, could you please submit a support ticket with your MSINFO and DxDIAG attached so we can review this with you further?

Official Response

Suggested Topics