Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• twinsen2a
    Original poster 1 posts

I am replaying Division 1 for the 2nd-3rd time. Really am enjoying this game. My question is, should i buy the expansion or the PS4 Plus or is the game gong to be discontinued on the servers. I am at level 30, world tier 4, playing solo, with no access to the Dark zone.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• XMdead
    89 posts

@twinsen2a I would NOT buy the expansion.

Why:

• Although it appears that there are lots of playing The Division 1, and although there seem to be more players that like it more than The Division 2... it is fairly obvious that Ubisoft has abandoned it and is no longer supporting it.
    • When the game crashes, attempting to send a crash report will fail every time. This does not happen with any other Ubisoft game I have.
    • There are not enough servers, as evidenced by crashing and disconnections during world events. They simply don't have capacity for the number of players they have. It might be to pressure players to move to The Division 2 even if they have not finished 1. Heck, during this world event I found myself more than once playing on chinese servers, with chat spewing these unreadable garbage characters.
    • Even with these server side capacity problems the game does not work in disconnected mode, even when playing solo... not even after successfully authenticating you online as you start your session.
    • Unless your character is already maxed out it is extremely difficult to successfully matchake for missions. I find this to be the most frustrating bit, as some things were clearly designed for 2-4 players.

In summary, don't waste any extra money on an unsupported game. I would not be surprised if they finally killed all of the servers .

On the other hand... the game is a lot of fun solo.

• moesuvious
    11 posts

@twinsen2a i say go for it. I dont think the servers are going anywhere anytime soon, global events are still packed, they still put the game on sale often. They cant kill it until they come out with a better pvp option. TD2 DZ is straight booty.

• Adrian-11
    700 posts

@twinsen2a

While not properly maintained, the game still works and there are quite a few players in there.
    I say go for the Underground and Survival, both very good. Last Stand is PVP mode and probably you won't find too many players. All three are more often than not on sale as the Season Pass bundle, cheaper probably than buying two of them separately.
    The Season Pass is ~$5 right now. I say go for it, it's a no brainer.

• AgentMikel
    30 posts

@adrian-11 Thanks! Bought them! 😊

• liquidsnakegti
    4 posts

@agentmikel I just bought the season pass for PS4 on discount this week and its been awesome. Its worth it for survival and underground alone. Underground has 40 levels to earn, new trophies to get. Survival, while pretty brutal is pretty good. I like that you can play survival on PVP or PVE, so you don't have to worry about [censored] players killing you like in the darkzones. So yeah its good you got it. You wont be disappointed.

• Adrian-11
    700 posts

Still playing because of views like this:

• Spacebar2021
    3 posts

@twinsen2a I should really play it some time it looks like fun.

• AgentMikel
    30 posts

@liquidsnakegti
    So for playing Underground, I need to complete the UN mission!? Uh..... 🙄
    How long should I wait to get somebody else to play Survival PvE!? 🤔

• AgentMikel
    30 posts

Welcome to the Underground!

• Stardust.One
    1 posts

@twinsen2a Sure, buy it. It's still frequented. I play regularly The Division 2, but the original is still a class of it's own. Which is why I also just started my fourth character with it.

Those are good expansions; especially The Underground.

• Aced_100
    41 posts

Will be playing this week and hoping to complete my classified D3NC set in the Strike Global Event, something I have been looking forward too.

• Aced_100
    41 posts

Well surprise, surprise, surprise, I only needed a mask and knee pads to complete my D3FNC classified set, I bought six classified caches today, and got the kneepads out of the first one and the mask out of the sixth. So it was a great day for me, you have to get lucky sometime.

Haven't got the set optimized yet, need to get my stamina up to 9,000, but using it with The House its sure is fun, gave it a quick trial and never had the shield go down once.

Suggested Topics