Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Why is the damage bonus from the Taranis Armor the only one that has any significant noticeable impact on damage output?

0 Likes/3 Replies/118 Views
    bat678man
    Original poster 20 posts

I have an armor build that combines two Paladin armor set pieces and three Jormungandr set pieces which stacks the Melee damage bonuses from both when at least pieces of each set are equipped. On top of that, I have a short sword and a dagger that increase Melee damage even more. Finally, I have half a dozen "+2.0 Melee Damage" runes applied to the build (which, btw, still don't add up correctly). This all adds up to over 300.0+ Melee damage which should be insanely powerful. However, despite all that, it still doesn't come close to causing the amount of damage that I can do with only my fists when wearing the Taranis armor set. Why is that?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ADarklore
    175 posts

@bat678man I'm thinking because the set was designed to use unarmed... which means they boosted the damage output significantly for being unarmed. Since most players won't want to play unarmed because of all the cool weapons and weapon animations, it was probably designed as a gimmick set that they didn't feel would see widespread usage anyway. Plus, it's a single player game, so they can make a gimmick set OP and it doesn't effect anyone else except the player choosing to use it.

• TheNorfolkian
    608 posts

@bat678man A while back, I did some testing with the damage output boosted by the Paladin set. The damage increase is actually minimal because Melee Damage in the game is only one piece of the puzzle in how real damage is calculated in combat.

In a new topic thread I’ve created, I did some testing with the Taranis set itself and discovered that it plays by its own rules.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics