ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yunozada
    Original poster 5 posts

Well, I rescued my copy of far cry 3, I went to ubisoft connect to play, when I started the game, as soon as it started, a message appeared
    which said: "You don't have enough privileges to run this game contact your administrator" I need help.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1510 posts

Hey @yunozada, and welcome to the forums! When receiving this message, I would first recommend checking if both Far Cry 3 and your Ubisoft Connect client are set to run as Administrator on your PC.

Official Response
  • Yunozada
    Original poster 5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Yunozada
    Original poster 5 posts
    @ubi-smash 
    Everything is set to open as admin, the game, ubisoft connect

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1510 posts

@yunozada If you have set both programs to run Admin rights, I would try reinstalling your Ubisoft Connect client as shared in our Article Here. If you still receive the same error message after trying this out, could you please create a support ticket and upload copies of your DXDiag and MSInfo files so we can look deeper into this with you?

Official Response
  • Steve64b
    82 posts

Bringing this down to basic tech, Far Cry 3 typically:

1. Requires Ubisoft Connect client installed, typically in `C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher`
    2. Instructs Ubisoft Connect to install dependencies before starting the game for the first time, to finish installation.
    3. Has its main game files installed in a folder, typically `C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Far Cry 3`
    4. Stores its settings in `%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 3\GamerProfile.xml`
    5. Stores its savegame files in Ubisoft Connect's savegame folder, typically `C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\{YOUR_UPLAY_ID}\46`

In a typical installation, Administrative privileges would probably be required to write in step 1, 2, 3, 5, because writing to the Program Files folder requires special privileges.

If you install Ubisoft Connect (and thus the game too) to a less restrictive folder, it should no longer require the admin access privileges.

---

Stores its settings in `%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 3\GamerProfile.xml`

Note that security software like Windows Defender may have a feature called "Protected Folders" enabled, which limits applications writing to the user's Documents folder.

Far Cry 3 should be allowed to write to the GamerProfile file there, otherwise it can't save its game settings. The game by default starts in 800x600 fullscreen mode, if the game can't start because of the default graphics settings, you may want to edit the GamerProfile.xml file to have the game start in windowed mode (by setting Fullscreen="0").

• Steve64b
    82 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Steve64b
    82 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 385 posts

@steve64b Thanks for providing this helpful information! I've consolidated your posts for you so it can stay all together for anyone else who may hop into the thread to see it. 🙂

Official Response
  • Yunozada
    Original poster 5 posts
    @ubikoreanbbq What he said, I tried to do it, but nothing came of it

• echolecter
    214 posts

Something with Far Cry 3 was changed a few weeks ago and I had to enter my password every time I started game. Got so fed up with this nonsense I uninstalled it. Besides all this I do find it rather strange you need to run the game as an administrator. What else does this application do other then simply running the game.

I would advise anyone not to use the default installation folders, such as Program Files, this one is monitored by Windows. Better create separate (sub) folder for installing the games, e.g. C:\Games.

• Yunozada
    Original poster 5 posts
    @echolecter This thing about entering the password every time I want to play, it also happens to me, this is a very strange fact.
  • Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2208 posts

@echolecter @Yunozada

I do apologise for the inconvenience of having to re-enter your password when launching your game. This is a security measure following an update to the client, in order to play some of our legacy games within the client.

Official Response

Suggested Topics