Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ADarklore
    Original poster 175 posts

When I saw that I would have to win the drinking game and dice game in order to get clues for Order member locations, I was livid because these are things I absolutely hate and am not good at. So, I started searching online for locations of the Order members and just going and killing them directly without looking for the stupid clues. This is not what I enjoy about the game, I enjoy raiding, exploring, looting, killing things... not puzzles or mini-games. I would have been fine if the clues were all available by searching locations for them, but I drew the line at being forced to endlessly play mini-games that I suck at which is a total waste of my gaming time.

Once I figured out that you can watch videos online and get the exact locations and appearance of Order members, that's how I've been hunting them. I actually figured out even before this, that you can sometimes come across Order members in the open world and kill them unintentionally... so I figured if it works by coming across them on accident, it should work by coming across them on purpose. 😉

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• lemmie88
    254 posts

No, because I didn't want to miss out on any content, story, or dialogue that might have been a part of it. Well, joke's on me because there was none. It was just the same copy-paste drinking minigame. And apparently winning makes the clue magically pop out of the guy's pocket and into Eivor's for no discernable reason. Anyway, I would still do it again because it takes <1min to do the drinking game.
    Also, storywise, I prefer the idea that Eivor has deduced their Order member's identity and isn't just shanking some rando minding their own business.

• ADarklore
    Original poster 175 posts

@lemmie88 Considering that Eivor has all these mystical powers that allow him to magically see the world around him, what's one more "intuitive" gift to his collection... the gift of magically being led to the bad guys. 😉
    Or perhaps a tip to their identity or location was given by an informant? I can easily accept this because it means I get to get on with the tedious activities faster so I have more free time to devote to what I enjoy of the game. I did the same thing with Odyssey... although Odyssey I re-played about eight times so far... so now I just know where all the enemies are. Although it's nice when they are just part of the MSQ or even side quests, instead of the tedious "tracking down" aspect. I'm more of the... 'just point me to who I need to kill' types. 😈

• pesto.
    187 posts

OK, I dislike missing out on content too, so I’m glad to know in a way that if I accidentally stumble on one of these guys and kill them it won’t make me miss out. However I wish that there were some attached narrative and more meaningful detective work involved, it feels so shallow.

• lemmie88
    254 posts

@adarklore haha, I could totally buy that Order members set Eivor's raven-sense tingling! 😆 Honestly, I guess I just don't hate the minigames that much. Like, I think having to watch a video would be slightly more unpleasant than doing the minigame. There is also the [censored]-retentive aspect of completing that clue list.

Maybe I'm one those people that enjoy the hunt more than the kill. I remember in Odyssey, the couple times I found a cultist by accident, it was really confusing and anticlimactic. I always thought, what's your beef, malaka??? if you wanna throw down, I'll throw down... with the amount of ambiance and intrigue of a random bar fight. I much rather learn about their evil ways and hunt them meticulously.

@pesto I also find it very shallow. I feel like the tiniest bit of story and care would have made a huge difference. Instead, its like checking off a to-do list. Made worse because so many are just npc civilians that don't fight back. One of the things I loved about the Witcher was the detective/naturalist work. The hunt was just as engaging as the kill.

• usafirefly7
    46 posts

@adarklore Once or twice I killed one by accident. But others you have to follow the story and you have to gather the clues. It won't go further and you can't find them.

Suggested Topics