Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED [PC] Sound is muffled when using a PS4 controller with vibration; turning vibration off or using Mouse & Keyboard fixes it

1 Likes/4 Replies/100 Views
    pabulous
    Original poster 2 posts

Just noticed this today, but I think I've been experiencing it without realising for a long time.

When using a PS4 controller with vibration turned on, the sound effects and dialog are much more quiet and muffled. Turning off vibration restores the sound levels to normal. Mouse & Keyboard input has no issue.

I'd prefer to play with vibration on but the sound is so much better now, I'll be leaving it off.

I've only been able to find one other player with this issue so I'm not anticipating a fix, but I thought I should let someone know.

Thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3847 posts

Hello there @pabulous! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us. I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered some audio differences depending on whether you have vibration enabled or not on your controller.

To help us to take a closer look at this, would you be able to send us a video that shows the differences in audio quality depending on whether you have vibration enabled or not? We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

I'd recommend that you upload the footage to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

Can you also let us know if you play using a headset or with speakers? If you can include the make and model, that would be helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • pabulous
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-borealis

Hi, thanks for the reply. Sadly due to various reasons, I won't be able to provide a video of the problem. I accept this makes it less likely to be addressed, but I can live with the problem. I just thought I should mention it.

For the record, I am using speakers.

Regards.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 342 posts

That's completely understandable, @pabulous - I know not everyone's in a position to record video. We'd still like to investigate, though - can I ask a few questions about this?

• Have you done our troubleshooting guide? In particular in this case, please make sure you've verified the game files, fully updated your Windows install, and are running the game with admin rights. This gives the game everything it needs to be properly actioning your chosen vibration and sound settings, just to rule that out.
    • Does this happen in all areas of the game? Are there specific sound effects and dialogue lines you've noticed which seem more quiet and muffled than others?
    • For testing purposes, can you try another sound output for us? The easiest way to do this is by running the sound through a USB headset, if you've got one. Does the problem persist?

Thanks very much for your help with this - we really appreciate it! I hope you've been having a good time with Eivor otherwise 😎

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics