Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Mr_Candybares
    15 posts

@dunite I have the same problem. Tried launching game and launcher with admin rights and still, after restarting ubi connect, they want me to type password again. I must type password even, when Ubi Connect is running already in background, that's ridiculous.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 977 posts

@mr_candybares Hi there.

Thank you for posting and sharing feedback on being prompted to input your password on launch.

This feedback has been reported to the team for consideration. We don't have any new information to share on this at this time.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • Vecanoi_PC
    4 posts

Hi everyone and Ubisoft support team,

I did a lot of research concerning this issue and always found the same answer, it's related to the user, so the user must do a ticket. In fact it's a global issue and 'Ubisoft connect' software is causing this issue. It's an issue and not a wish of Ubisoft to add 'security' level or something, by asking you the password all the time and only for some games, that have absolutely no sens.
    As suggested on some forums, I did some tests on the complete Assassins'creed series. The fact that just some games like Assasin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations or Black Flag IV and Unity are affected by this issue, but not oldest like Assassin's Creed II or more recent like Assassins' Creed Origins and Odyssey, confirms that is a nasty bug and not something that Ubisoft wanted to add in 'Ubisoft connect' updates.

If this could help, I tested oldest versions of 'Ubisoft connect' from the latest to version UbisoftConnectInstaller_124-0-0-10560.exe.

Reverting back to 'Ubisoft connect' 124.0.0.10560 totally fix the issue, all Assasins'Creed games (Unity etc ...) start properly without asking for credentials. This is the second information that makes me think that there's a very nasty bug in all 'Ubisoft connect' updates since the 124.0.0.10560 version. 

Reverting back to 124.0.0.10560 version is not a decent fix or workaround, to avoid this very annoying problem. The updates are necessary and 'Ubisoft connect' will auto-update constantly anyway.

I am not a programmer, but I imagine that if devs analyse the working version 124.0.0.10560, they will can find and compare all the changes made to the latest version of 'Ubisoft connect' that creates this 'credentials issue'.

I sincerly hope that Ubisoft devs will analyse the Ubisoft connect 124.0.0.10560 version, that is working really fine, and so they will can fix this nasty issue that ruined the game experience of lot of gamers that like to play Ubisoft games since many years.

Maybe it could help as well if other users in the forum will add the name of other games affected by this issue ? As I have for the moment only my Assasin's creed games that have this issue in all Ubisoft games that I have.

[Ubisoft connect latest version, games with credentials issue]

Assasin's Creed Brotherhood
    Assasin's Creed Revelations
    Assasin's Creed Black Flag IV
    Assasin's Creed Black Flag Unity

• Vecanoi_PC
    4 posts

@ubi-nacho

Hello,

Yes I did the test with the version UbisoftConnectInstaller_127-1-0-10616.exe, but the bug is still there. In fact with this issue, there is a confusion concerning the 'credentials not saved well by UbisoftConnect'.

We have 2 levels of connection, the first one to login to UbisoftConnect account of the user, that is working fine and store the credentials, and the second one when the game will login to the Ubisoft servers and that ask to the user to put his login for every launch of the game. That is not normal and it's the issue. This issue occurs with these 4 games and probably some more.
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    Assassin's Creed Revelations
    Assassin's Creed Black Flag IV (solo and online)
    Assassin's Creed Unity

All versions of UbisoftConnect are working fine when the user enter his credentials and check the box to remember the credentials.

With the version UbisoftConnectInstaller_124-0-0-10560.exe, once the credentials are stored by the user (box remember me checked), the game can connect to the Ubisoft servers directly, without asking the user login informations, this UbisoftConnect version is able to retrieve the user credentals stored in his PC.

With the version UbisoftConnectInstaller_127-1-0-10616.exe, once the credentials are stored by the user (box remember me checked), the game can not connect to the Ubisoft servers, it's asking the user login informations (see screenshot), this UbisoftConnect version is not able to retrieve the user credentals stored in his PC, and the question is why it happen only to these 4 AC games ? it's a bug.

in the launcher_log.txt (both are indentiqual for 10560 and 10616 versions)

[26144] 2021-11-07 17:42:47   [26928]   INFO    AccountOnlineLogin.cpp (305)           Login Type: ticket, platform: Uplay.
    [26144] 2021-11-07 17:42:48   [26928]   INFO    AccountStartupLogin.cpp (211)          User: 9e9b280f-bf40-4008-8673-c05445c6102e
    [26144] 2021-11-07 17:43:00   [31092]   ERRO R  StoreGetDemandwareInformation.cpp (133)     Unable to find c_defaultLocale in json.
    [26144] 2021-11-07 17:43:01   [31428]   INFO    StartView.cpp (820)                                
    [26144] 2021-11-07 17:43:01   [31428]   INFO    StartView.cpp (820) 

with Ubisoft Game Launcher_127-1-0-10616 it asks here the login to the user, at every game launch (it's extremly annoying, this ruins the game experience !!!)

with Ubisoft Game Launcher_124-0-0-10560 it goes on automatically without asking for the user login (perfect !!!)

[26144] 2021-11-07 17:43:12   [31092]   INFO    GameStartPipe.cpp (81)            Accepted connection.       
    [26144] 2021-11-07 17:43:12   [31092]   INFO    GameStartPipe.cpp (82)              Starting game session.      
    [26144] 2021-11-07 17:43:18   [31092]   INFO    ApiProcessConnection.cpp (123)          Game with process id 31048 connected.
    [26144] 2021-11-07 17:43:18   [31092]   INFO    ApiProcessConnection.cpp (134)          Game with process id 31048 has been started with product id 720 (branch: 'default').
    [26144] 2021-11-07 17:43:18   [31092]   INFO    UplayGameConnectionHandler.cpp (384)       Game with process id 31048 connected (API version: 1.0.0).
    [26144] 2021-11-07 17:44:01   [31092]   INFO    UplayGameConnectionHandler.cpp (334)       Game with process id 31048 disconnected.
    [26144] 2021-11-07 17:44:01   [31092]   INFO    ApiProcessConnection.cpp (294)          Game with process id 31048 disconnected.
    [26144] 2021-11-07 17:44:02   [31428]   INFO    StartView.cpp (820)                                
    [26144] 2021-11-07 17:44:02   [31428]   INFO    StartView.cpp (820)        

You can reproduce this issue, with AC Unity for example, with just swapping the folder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher' folder, between version 24-10560 and 27-10616 of the launcher.

In my opinion the bug is just related to the servers login code, something changed/broken in the automatic management for the password retrieval/checking in version 10616, that was perfectly working in the oldest version 10560.

I hope this could help the devs to understand and fix this very annoying bug, because even if it affects 2 old AC games, it also ruins the gaming experience of many gamers on more recent AC IV Black flag (solo and online) and AC Unity (solo and co-op).

• guest-Nms6lulR
    1 posts

Having this exact same issue after purchasing Brotherhood and Revelations on the Autumn Steam Sale. You'd think the games would actually launch if they were running a sale...

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1359 posts

Hey @guest-nms6lulr welcome to the forums and I apologize this is affecting some of your Assassins Creed recent purchases from Steam.

Hey @Vecanoi_PC I apologize we missed your post on this, thank you very much for sharing your findings!

After reporting this issue to our Connect team, we have been trying to find out if this is a bug or intended by design, the need to re-enter your password every single time for some of our older Far Cry games and Assassin Creed games.

We will continue to let the Connect team know what titles are affected by this specifically and I will share your findings with them from your launcher log and different versions of the app you have used, and how version 124-0-0-10560 seemed to work for you best. Thank you for your help with this investigation!

Official Response
  • JobianLP
    1 posts

@ubi-milky Any update on this?

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 720 posts

Hey @JobianLP, thanks for reaching out and welcome to forums!

After having a closer look, I can see that the matter has been forwarded as mentioned earlier and it does look like we should be able to have more information on it fairly soon, therefore appreciate your continued patience and we will try to keep you updated!

Official Response
  • internetchicks
    1 posts

Look at this, It's been half year and they didn't even fix this. 😄

• AlePlay
    580 posts

@cyndaril

I have the same problem: it happens both with black flag and with AC Unity
    it asks for the password every time I open the game
    so, if I carry out the procedure you indicated, the next time I restart the PC, it will ask me again for an additional password to be able to play ..! 

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1009 posts

Hey everyone, I have checked into this further and I can confirm that this is something that will not be changed as per my last response, this is something that is as intended. I understand that this may not be the update that some of you were hoping for, and apologise for any disappointment that may have been caused by this. We welcome you to continue sharing any thoughts or feedback you may have regarding the security measure within this thread, and we will be sure to pass this along to the dedicated teams for further consideration.

@Vecanoi_PC - I understand this does not include all legacy titles. It will only affect some titles.

Official Response

Suggested Topics