ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• beubeugelemmi
    Original poster 6 posts

Downloaded the game from Steam. Launched It. Ubi Launcher is asking for an activation code (that steam did not provide).

Relayed the problem to ubi support. After 1 week of back-and-forth, no solution was found and they said "they are transferring the case to a higher department".

I wrote the problem here too, so that the others who suffer the same nuisance may see it. Btw I'm pretty sure it is your crappy launcher, with which every new update something else gets broken. Because this problem occured after 1st september update.

Cheers.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2313 posts

Hello @beubeugelemmi, I have been reading through your case and see what you were advised, as well as what information was requested from you in terms of screenshots and certain folders.

I can see your case has been escalated to a higher team, to look into resolving this key issue and I have let that team know, you have been in touch with us in the forums and would like an update. Please stand by for further communication via email, once the escalation team has found a possible resolution.

Official Response
  • beubeugelemmi
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-milky

Hi,

Another user who had the same problem, said that he's finally been given a cd-key after going through the same back and forth with ubi team like me. So, I'm waiting for mine. It's been 10 days.

• Ubi-Milky

Thanks for the reply beubeugelemmi. I can see a player who had a similar situation, was able to resolve this too, over a support case just as you explained. This has been noted in your case too. Regrettably, escalated cases do take longer to resolve than our usual contacts, as the issue is sometimes uncommon, or can involve additional investigation, or content to be added by a different team, so thank you for your patience so far.

Official Response
  • beubeugelemmi
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-milky

Hi,

There are people like me in steam forums who complain about the same problem for at least 2 weeks. We can't play a game we bought for quite some time because of a problem we are not responsible for. This is getting very, very frustrating.

• beubeugelemmi
    Original poster 6 posts

I'm provided with a cd-key via e-mail. Game is added to my library and working properly.

Thanks.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 385 posts

@beubeugelemmi Glad to hear you've been able to access the game now. I'm very sorry for the frustration caused.

Official Response
  • Cyrus_M
    1 posts

Hello UBI support I Have the same problem I raised a ticket they have not replied to my case yet, I would like to get help as soon as possible

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2211 posts

Hey @cyrus_m

I see you have had replies to your ticket now. Please feel free to reply back to it again if needed.

Official Response
  • bbg2015
    5 posts

Ok, it's February 2022 and this is still a problem. I am having this problem; I own the game on steam but can't play it because the launcher demands a ubisoft code. Please advise how I get the code or a refund.

• shanxst4R
    1 posts

Hi,

I'm also facing this issue now. I had this game on my bucket list and due to corona I finally have found some time to play it and suddenly it asks me for an activation code on ubisoft now. The game itself is still in my Steam library but I can't play it. Can you help me out by giving me the activation code or atleast a refund please?

• Ubi-Milky

Hello everyone, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Would either of you be able to upload a screenshot of the message you receive into this thread as a jpg or png (under 2mb) for us to be able to view this message too, and for any players that may visit this thread with the same issue?

In the meantime, I have opened up a support case for both of you for further help with your CD key issue and you should receive an email from us shortly. We will do our best to help you with this over a private support case.
    Please check your emails inbox for our message soon. You can view your case, add a comment, or files to your support case, anytime, by clicking on this link here > https://www.ubisoft.com/help/cases

Please send us the requested information on the link above when you can, for further support.

Official Response
  • bbg2015
    5 posts

@ubi-milky Your forum will not allow me to post a screenshot, because "the content or title contains blocked urls."

Also, please note that the only emails I've received from Ubisoft told me 1) To wait patiently for a response, and 2) that my ticket was closed because I had taken no action. There was no indication of what it was I was supposed to have done, which I'm assuming now was come here to this forum and post this screenshot.

• bbg2015
    5 posts

@bbg2015 It's nothing that eye-opening anyway, it's just the Ubisoft Connect pop-up requesting an activation code. I think it's pretty clear, given that this is a known issue, that the solution is to either shut down this ridiculous DRM, or give people who paid for the game their activation codes.

If there's some other way you want me to get you a screenshot of your Ubisoft Connect pop-up, please advise.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2211 posts

Hey @bbg2015

A support ticket closes automatically after 4 days but you can reopen it at any time just by replying to it again, so please check the last message on your ticket and just reply to that and you may as well add the image to it there, just so it isn't the next thing that is asked for through by the support team replying to you.

Official Response
  • bbg2015
    5 posts

@ubi-froggard Why don't you just fix it? Make a new ticket if you have to. Nothing was done on the first ticket. I don't see how this is controversial, it would be much easier for someone to pirate splinter cell: conviction than jump through all your hoops. Why this absurd DRM on a game released 12 years ago?

I can open another ticket, I don't understand why you guys don't open a new ticket like you did the first time, and email me a code. What is the point of making me go through all this nonsense again?

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2143 posts

Hey there @bbg2015, I completely understand and I want to apologise for the inconvenience caused here. I have had a look into it for you from my end and I can see that a new ticket was created and we have sent you a follow-up email. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Official Response
  • bbg2015
    5 posts

@ubi-gizmo They sent me a follow-up email, but did not fix the problem. They then did the same thing of not replying, then telling me after four days that the ticket had been closed.

This problem has not been resolved.

I don't understand the issue - all Ubisoft has to do is give me the code for a game I legally purchased, so that I can put it into their overzealous DRM software. The game is 12 years old at this point, surely the DRM server costs are more than current sales revenues.

So. I give up. Ubisoft has not fixed the problem after weeks of me sending screenshots and responding to their emails. I could try again, but it seems like Ubisoft will never fix it.

I'll just go play something else.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2311 posts

@bbg2015 Than you for your reply and sorry that you are not happy with the service you have received.

I have checked your account and can see that we have responded to you on your support case and are awaiting a reply from yourself.

We ask that you please continue support on your case.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • IM_A_GOATBAAA
    2 posts

@Ubisoft Support Staff, I am having this same problem on the game Trials. I'd like to get some help on it and get through this process.

Suggested Topics