ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• echolecter
    Original poster 222 posts

So according to some people creating videos we should be getting new content soon. But with the current state of the game is this actually going to be worth it. By this is mean, there are at the moment so many bugs and glitches (or intentional) within this game that I cannot understand why anyone would want to add more stuff that will inherit these issues.

Since few weeks I noticed that there are changes made (or as result of other actions) that directly influence the game play. I see NPCs running around erratically, as if they aren't sure where to go (for minutes) and only if you move close they get out of their infinite loops. Then there are those that seem to go into spasm the moment you start shooting, thus missing every shot. Or when walking past you they glitch just a little faster so you're aim is always trailing them. This surely wasn't the case in the past where I could easily take out running NPCs by moving in the same direction as they were. Which is another thing I noticed lately, it is much easier to step aside then to adjust your aim on targets, making sure you're keep hitting them.

Also today I noticed that my turret (33k) and drone (20k) aren't doing the same damage to NPCs. Even had my turret shooting (point blank) at an NPC standing in the middle of an ally without doing any damage at all, but the NPC was slowly chipping away health of my turret. The drone seems to be more effective then turret for killing NPCs that are out of cover, as if the damage stats were inverted. Not to mention that turret has a nag of picking NPCs that are impossible to hit, or still refusing to switch target on command.

Many times I see a few NPCs but when engaging them one or two others popup out of nowhere, so they were invisible at first. They also seem to be able to leave cover (invisible) and simply turn up in another location, dropping grenades when no grenadier is around. Radar isn't updated properly, sometimes you run into NPCs that don't show up on radar, other times you're in combat but there aren't any, even after waiting several minutes for them to come and fight. Which is another thing I noticed today, killing NPCs on the street in front of the CP, nobody cares, zero response from guards. Then after engaging with CP I'm also in combat with other enemies that are on other side of the building, it all doesn't make much sense to me.

And I can go on forever, when you're looking closely and pay attention to what happens you see many weird things going on. Because of this I really don't if it would be wise to release any new content without fixing a lot of the bugs first. For me personally this new content has to really good otherwise I can't be bothered knowing that it probably also contains many of the current issues at release. It would really be a major improvement to the game when they actually start fixing bugs and annoyances that reside in this game, some of them since day one.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Oatiecrumble
    446 posts

When the new content comes out the above problems/fixes and many more fixes may be included with the new content.

🤞

• echolecter

So here we are, 8 months after TU12.1 was released and absolutely nothing gets fixed, it only gets worse. Is this what game-as-a-service is all about and does it really justify the high price you pay at launch, I really don't think so. You're buying into a false story of updates, new content, and what not but in reality you don't get anything in return. With the latest update we got this week it only shows this game was done and dusted for development and now they can't even make changes without introducing more and new issues. Who is actually working on this tittle when so many developers have left over time?

What this game needs isn't a patch to cover up some bugs and glitches, it truly needs a transplant of core functionality to a state where it is actually stable and allows making minor changes without falling apart like it does now. Maybe it would be better not to label this game as a service, instead make sure it's stable at release and don't touch it afterwards, because the way I see it, whatever they do, it only gets worse.

Was playing for months without crashes, fortunately I did not have much stability issues, but now they are back again. Only after having logging in several times I get stable game play. Now the first one (from support or others) to tell me the problem is with my system and I need jump through usual hoops can just bug off, it isn't. System is up to date during day, no problem for hours, same system later during the evening, game crashes three time in a row. The only difference is the time of day and amount of people playing.

I genuinely feel sorry for those not being able to play because of their missing characters, but at the same time i do find this quiet amusing to see it unfold the way it does. Despite what they say in reply to issues, no bug (as in zero) fixes are implemented, and they never reply to issues or tickets simply because there isn't anything to say, nothing gets done. What to expect from new content ... even more bugs.

• Adrian-11
    878 posts

@oatiecrumble

Prey and hope.

• Metal_Greg
    118 posts

this is a pretty complex game and with that comes tons of bugs and glitches. Just look at other complex games like bthesda games. idk, just a theory

• F.i.x.e.r
    18 posts

@metal_greg
    Doesn't get much more complex than Destiny 2 yet they seem to handle the bugs. Not my favorite genre, but gotta give them credit for a well run game.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    @metal_greg
    Doesn't get much more complex than Destiny 2 yet they seem to handle the bugs. Not my favorite genre, but gotta give them credit for a well run game.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/destiny-2-needed-to-roll-back-characters-after-emptying-spacewallets: (https://rockpapershotgun.com/destiny-2-needed-to-roll-back-characters-after-emptying-spacewallets)
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/destiny-2s-season-of-the-splicer-kicked-off-last-night-with-more-problems-than-i-can-fit-in-a-headline: (https://rockpapershotgun.com/destiny-2s-season-of-the-splicer-kicked-off-last-night-with-more-problems-than-i-can-fit-in-a-headline)
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/bungie-continuing-to-work-on-destiny-2s-pc-performance-problems: (https://rockpapershotgun.com/bungie-continuing-to-work-on-destiny-2s-pc-performance-problems)

Having said that, they do seem to respond to most issues quickly, but being F2P they pretty much have to.

• LateNiteDelight
    986 posts

@dagrommit ha, they literally just hotfixed a few hours ago. Bad week for both games updates 😵

• Gabriel.Knight
    123 posts

I know I am posting way late on this but posting about the state of other products and their lack of stability seems... well... disingenious to the original post.

• Gabriel.Knight
    123 posts

@echolecter Way late on replying, but pretty sure the Terms and Conditions specify that Ubisoft doesn't actually even have to have a product called Divison 2, let alone something that actually ... works. Even half-[censored] works.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@the_vig1lante it's a discussion forum, and the discussion had moved to comparisons with Destiny 2 as a "well run" game free of bugs.

[edit] and before the usual illiterates show up, the point is that all games are more complex than players realize.

• echolecter

@dagrommit The initial post was about the fact that this game has, and gains even more bug over time and nothing is being done about it. Yet they are developing more stuff to add to the game and in current state doesn't make any sense at all. Maybe games do get more complex but this only happens because they choose to and try and create something they can't. Great ideas but total lack of capabilities to convert them into working products. And this not only happens with games, it also applies to other software products nowadays. But that is what you get with script-pro's that don't understand what is actually going on under the hood.

For me it's all water under the bridge as I have uninstalled this malware and don't have any plans to pick up the game in the future. As for the new content, it has to be incredibly good (bug-free) before I even think about re-installing the game to check it out. Personally I think this game is a prime example why games-as-a-service don't work, I purchased a completely different product few years back. They shouldn't mess with game play by changing it over and over again, and think they are improving it because they really aren't.

• Metal_Greg
    118 posts

@echolecter You stopped playing? then why are you still here??

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    Personally I think this game is a prime example why games-as-a-service don't work, I purchased a completely different product few years back. They shouldn't mess with game play by changing it over and over again, and think they are improving it because they really aren't.

Apparently the game managed to keep you occupied for 2997 hours despite this 👀

• AgentMikel
    180 posts

Some people just love being masochist. 💩

Still.... will the PC version work when the update will be released!? 🤔
    Because last time I checked the game few weeks ago, it crushed to me so I uninstalled it again.... 🙄

• echolecter

I don't see any correlation between my hours spent in the game and the overall lack of quality. Besides this about 98% of that time was logged before the last season when it was more of less playable on PC without the endless crashes all the time. But some people rather turn a blind eye to all the issues their facing, as they say "Ignorance is bliss".

• SevenNVD
    87 posts

I don't see any correlation between my hours spent in the game and the overall lack of quality.

I agree, you can still enjoy a game, even if it has many flaws.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    Besides this about 98% of that time was logged before the last season when it was more of less playable on PC without the endless crashes all the time.

Your complaint in that quote was about the game play, which has been mostly unchanged since soon after Warlords was released.

But some people rather turn a blind eye to all the issues their facing, as they say "Ignorance is bliss".

I get crashes, but nowhere near as common as some people. Others have found fixes for the crashes, none of which worked for me. In other words, I recognize that my experience is not the same as everyone else's. But hey, I guess this is another "talk to the manager" rant, so I'll leave you to it.

• Gabriel.Knight
    123 posts

@metal_greg Possibly because he got a bell icon and he decided to reply??

I know it makes no-sense when people don't do what YOU expect them to do, right?

• ZeroFksToGive
    2 posts

@echolecter Out of curiocity Echo what platform are you on? PS5 here, I have seen a few odd things lately, but nothing of this magnitude.

Suggested Topics