Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• niniiam
    2 posts

also my rations disappear when I go to river raid and won’t fill while on river raid.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2408 posts

Hi @niniiam and welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you are experiencing during River Raids.

Can you please confirm the following:

• Have you encountered the issue in the cave on the River Exe River Raid more than once?
    • Do your rations disappear every time you go into River Raids? if so could you please provide a video to demonstrate this

I would also recommend going through the PS4 troubleshooting to see if that helps prevent any further issues.

Official Response
  • davidtsmith333
    44 posts

I fully endorse the original poster and others' frustration with not being able to save in river raids. One should at least be able to do a manual save. I'm doing the "new" river raids with the Champions of the Faith and not being able to save is frustrating as heck. Reason being the Champions are usually at the furthest area of each river and after one takes the time to raid the various camps along the way painstakingly raiding whatever including all sort of defences along the way it's very hard to take that when you finally reach towards the end or the Champion you get killed in a flash for sometimes no good reason after committing all that time it took you to reach that part....and then you lose all your progress and every frigg ing thing. Twice this has happened to me now and I'm mad as hell.

Fortunately the only one left to do is Francia's Anointed along the River Rhine....which I just spent the last couple hours doing, painstakingly working my way up camp to camp, finally reaching the Champion with cargo full only to get one-shotted by the Champion before I could blink and that was the end of that. Every bloody thing lost. All that time in vain.

Is that really working as planned? Is the plan to frustrate players and discourage them from doing river raids? For heaven's sake please allow saves in river raids. I can't say I've experienced crashes like some others have said (besides one time stuck on a rock or crevice) but the no-save thing in river raids is quite annoying.

• Freestepper
    Original poster 127 posts

@davidtsmith333 Yea. The devs that made Odyssey was making the game with fun being their main goal. I remember they even said it in one video. They tested something and asked themselves "is this fun?". And if they found some frustration in it, they changed it. And i feel it from the game. I never got frustrated while playing Odyssey and i was always playing the nightmare difficulty. It was just proper challenge.

• Freestepper

So here you have some screenshots from me Ubisoft. Not like it matters, because it is caused by the teleport bug, which us happening everywhere. Fix this [censored]!

• gertluddpowwel
    1 posts

@ubi-keo
    Im having the same problem, 3 of 6 RR i have done theese last few days have had glitches. I havent almost had a bug during "freeplay" but the RR is glitching all the time. Superannoying!
    It happens at diffrent locations, and diffrent things. Right now my character is having like a seizure and cant move.
    The two times before that she flew away waving with her arms untill she fell down in the sea. Another time I was doing a Valkyrie dive and fell through the ground into a underwater void where I could dive but died later on.

Like many have said before, this isnt challenging, its frustrating and it pisses you off when you just spent 30 min RR and its all for nothing...

Playing on ps4

• Jack287346
    11 posts

I thought I'd give River Raids another chance after some time.

I was about 30 minutes into the raid when I got teleported up to under the roof. Eivor kept hanging there for a few seconds and then died.

This is not fun. I won't try again until this teleporting bug is fixed.

I'm playing on PC.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4132 posts

Hello there @davidtsmith333, @Freestepper, @gertluddpowwel and @Jack287346,

I apologise for my delayed response. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and experiences with us regarding being able to save during River Raids. I understand from experience that these raids can take some time, especially when seeking out a River Champion, and apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused by desynchronizations and disruptions to your raids.

Please be assured that we have shared this feedback with the development team for further consideration. We haven't yet had an update from them regarding the potential to introduce a saving feature during the River Raids. As soon as we have any new information to share regarding this feature, we will let you know within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum once it is made available.

The development team is also looking into what could potentially be causing Eivor to randomly teleport or fly away whilst exploring the world. We have an ongoing Megathread for this investigation, in which we'll share any updates or new details from the development team. If you have been affected by this teleporting issue, I would recommend following that thread for more information.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Gayngel2019
    20 posts

I want to cry. Had to restart the river Berbha missions 3 times now because of crashes and getting stuck. Please please PLEASE allow saving during river raids! Not allowing saving during a raid "because it increases the risk and reward" isn't a really reason that makes sense. Raided supplies can still be held in cargo in a save state but only be banked when going home to Ravensthorpe. If Eivor dies during a river raid then yeah lose the unbanked cargo. Crashing and bugs shouldn't have to be part of the "risks" that we are facing in a raid.

• Freestepper

@gayngel2019 I think you shouldn't lose unbanked cargo even if you die normally. You need to consider a fun factor for the game. This isn't one. It is frustration and it also has nothing to do with difficulty.

• vm4M9Tz4pB
    68 posts

one again, same annoying bug and crash, lost all progress on river raid . why ubisoft still didn't add a checkpoint for this mode. it is on PC, and so frustrated due to crash on raid.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 99 posts

Hello @gayngel2019 and thank you for reaching to us. Sorry to hear you've had such a frustrating experience.

As was previously mentioned we gathered the feedback from our players and passed on to the Game team, however as for now we don't have any updates regarding the ability to save during River Raids.

We'll share more information as soon as we have it. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 99 posts

Hello @vm4m9tz4pb and thank you for reaching out to Ubisoft Support. Just wanted to let you know that I merged your post with this thread, please pay attention to what I posted below informing gayngel2019 that as for now we don't have any updates.

If you have other questions, please let me know!

Official Response

Suggested Topics