Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Freestepper
    Original poster 127 posts

Seriously, you got balls to disable saving the game during River Raids when the game crashes sometimes or has other bugs that would force players restart the game. The game crashes quite rarely to me, but when it does during the River Raids when i have almost full cargo, it can [censored] me off extremely. And now i also got stuck in the rock and could not move.

So either fix the game so that it never crashes, like never ever, like 0% chance of crashing, which you won't, remove every single little bug from the game, like 0% chance of encountering any bug, which you won't also, since even Odyssey is not really bug free, or enable saving during River Raids! Or you believe that it is fun to crash or get stunk during River Raids when you have full cargo? Make the game auto-save after every single camp or fortress completion in River Raids! Thank you.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4132 posts

Hello there @Freestepper!

Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us. I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing crashes during River Raids.

Please note that the ability to not save during River Raids is working as intended, as it increases the risk and reward of the raids. The only way to save the loot you've collected is to return to the settlement. I'll pass on your feedback about being able to save during the raids to the dedicated teams for further consideration. If this feature is to be added, it will be shared in the News & Announcements forum.

Can you please provide me with some more information about the crashes you're experiencing, so we can try to troubleshoot these further? If you haven't already, please can you try all of the steps on this support article? These steps help to tackle many common causes behind technical issues in-game.

If you're still experiencing crashes after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to update us within this thread so we can investigate further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Freestepper

@ubi-borealis As i said, the crashes are rare and it doesn't bother me much if the game crashes to me like once a week or even once a month during playing normally in England, Ireland or Francia, etc. The problem is River Raid. Yes, i understand that inability to save during the River Raids is intentional to increase the risk, but if the game can potentially crash or you can run into some glitch that will force you to reload last save when in River Raid, then i think the inability to save during River Raids is unacceptable, even if the glitches or crashes are rare. Imagine playing River Raid for hour and you fill your cargo completely and suddenly the game crashes or you get stuck in the rock, it makes me rage and i don't wanna play the game anymore, as i hate wasting my time for nothing.

So the point is, the game is crashing rarely for me and i run into glitch that forces me to reload last save also rarely and if things like that are rare, then it's fine for me, because there is probably no game that is completely bug free, especially complex game such as Valhalla. But it's not ok in a mode which you can play for hour and in which you cannot save. Then i don't want any glitch or crash to happen, ever! I want 0% chance for such things to happen. 1% chance is still too much in River Raids. And for that reason, please enable saving the game during River Raids! Hope you understand my point now. Thanks.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4132 posts

Thanks for providing more clarification to your feedback, @Freestepper. I've spent quite long on some of the River Raids myself, and can understand how losing all that progress due to a crash could cause frustration. I've passed on your concerns to the dedicated team for further consideration.

If the ability to save during a River Raid is to be introduced to the game, this will be communicated within the News & Announcements forums.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Freestepper

@ubi-borealis Thank you! I was also talking about getting stuck in the rock that happened to me about two hours ago when i was playing River Raids. It was in one of the Druid posts. There is a cave in which you find one of the small common chests that contains ores and leathers. Once i entered the cave, Eivor appeared behind the rock wall, basically out of the map and i could not move. Had to reload my last save.
    Recently, i was experiencing weird behavior, like Eivor being teleported few meters from where she/he was standing. You run and suddenly she/he get teleported few meters in random direction. And that's not even rare. It just happens sometimes. And i believe that's what happened in the cave. She got teleported out of the map.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1148 posts

Thanks for elaborating for us one of the issues you've had during the river raids, @freestepper - these short teleports sure sound unusual, so I'd love to look into this further.

Are you able to point out on the map specifically which cave this was? I'm not sure the issue is about the cave itself, from the information you've given, but it'd nonetheless be useful to know where it happened on that occasion. Can you share a screenshot showing where it is with me?

Can you also tell me if these issues have persisted even after performing the steps on our troubleshooting guide that Ubi-Borealis linked? In particular, please make sure you've verified the game files, and updated your operating system fully, so that the game definitely has access to all the correct files. If you haven't done that yet, can you do so, and let me know if the problem improves?

Let me know if I can clarify either of these steps!

Official Response
  • Jack287346
    11 posts

I have the same issue. It took me three runs to finish River Rhine. The first time the game simply crashed to the desktop. The second time I experienced one of those teleports. (Those happen outside of River Raids too). Those are usually harmless, but in this case it teleported me UNDER the stairs inside a house where I was stuck - so I had to exit the game and restart the River Rhine for the third time. This is not fun.

• KamikazeSG12
    47 posts

I had a crash during River Raids, losing all progress, on Xbox One X. I had been running for about an hour and collected a bunch of raid sites. The game periodically "skips" or jumps Eivor ahead by several meters, which isn't necessarily an issue, except when the "skip" or "fling" launches Eivor into the sky only to die falling. Normally this isn't a true issue since I can go back to a recent quick save, which I do frequently, but when it happens in River Raids.... It kicks you out to Ravensthorpe and takes all the progress....

• Syrjaelae86
    17 posts

@kamikazesg12 same thing happened to me aswell just now.. had almost full cargo and Eivor desides to teleport to oblivion and BOOM!, 1 hour of progress all gone.

• Freestepper

@ubi-thrupney Listen, my computer is fine, my game files are fine. And i don't remember where it was. As you can see, more people are reporting the same problem. I suggest you to play the game and eventually you will see Eivor teleport few meters. If not, enable saving during River Raids anyway. I just don't agree with that thing that it's for increasing the risk. If this is the reason, then disable saving everywhere. Remove completely saving from the game, because realistically, if you die, you should not be able to load some save and re-spawn, right? You are dead, period. See? It makes no sense. Features like saving game should never be part of a game difficulty. You are not only saving to reduce the risk of dying, but also when you want to close the game. Saving should be out of the game's lore or gameplay. It's simply saving. Leave it aside. Hope it's understandable. Also, even if i died in River Raids completely by my own mistake, i simply don't see any fun in needing to start over. If i die in one of the fortresses/posts and i have to restart the raid of that one post again, then fine. But not the whole River Raid over again. That's just BS and simply not fun.

• KiroFtGlX
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis unfortunately the river raids are NOT working as intended. If i beat both captains 4 times, maxed my cargo 3 times and beat the final challenger and still got nothing out of all that because every time the game crashes… you failed in your “intended” mission. Yes, I agree with you that the no save makes it more challenging, but it’s just not feasible with your current capabilities, and instead you created a VERY frustrated community. At this time this “dedicated group” should swallow their pride, admit they were wrong and start listening to your customers. I would recommend one of the options:

1. Bring back save. (Easiest to do, and least costly… especially if you are following Agile).
    2. Fix all bugs (you proved that this is not feasible).
    3. Auto saves that brings back the player to river raid if the mission ended without the player dying (even i can code that). This will not solve the issue that the character sometimes teleports 32,000ft in the air Harry Potter style.
    4. Detect when the player is teleported in the air and bring back the player to the last auto save (There should be not reason why the character should be up there… you already removed the raven).
  • Freestepper

@kiroftglx

Yes, I agree with you that the no save makes it more challenging

No, it doesn't make it more challenging, it's making it more frustrating. Challenging is hard enemy in front of you that is hard to beat for example. Making people go the River Raid all over again just because you died at the end of it, is nothing but complete and utter frustration. It has nothing to do with challenge.

Actually, the more i play Valhalla, the more i think devs of this game are trying to frustrate the players on purpose, because it's just unbelievable. When i played Odyssey at nightmare difficulty, that was challenging, but not frustrating. Odyssey was fun.

• azullFR
    1340 posts

add me to the list of people who died after more than an hour during RR because of the "Teleport to death" bug,
    and now, to avoid wasting Foreign Supplies, Runes, XP, Leather, Ore :
    1RR = 1 Camp (Really not funny at all ....)
    (on PS4, even with all installed and updated in an internal SSD, it takes a bunch of minutes to get in the River, and also a bunch of minutes to go back to Ravensthorpe as stated in the Known Issues :

ISSUES CURRENTLY UNDER INVESTIGATION  
    River Raids 
    [NEW] Long loading screen during transition between River Raids and settlement on PS4

• Jack287346
    11 posts

Ok so we've established that the teleport bug occurs on PC, PS4 and Xbox.

It's also not restricted to River Raids, those mini teleports also happen outside of RR. (But it's less critical there, because you can save frequently.)

• ChuckKatse
    283 posts

I never understood the reasoning behind being unable to save your progress in the River Raids. Once you have completely cleared out a settlement or Military encampment along the River you are in where is the threat at those locations? Same when on the River. When you are just traveling down the River not coming up on a blockade where is the threat? All the complaints in this thread are justified especially when if a problem occurs (Example Game Crash) they lose all their progress. What I have been doing and it is annoying is once I have got one of the objectives (Example Armor Piece) I will return to my settlement so I can save my progress. Many times my cargo hold is not even full yet but for fear of a crash, or other problem I leave the River Raid and then return and start back where I had left off.

• azullFR
    1340 posts

@chuckkatse

All the complaints in this thread are justified especially when if a problem occurs (Example Game Crash) they lose all their progress

I fully agree with this as this is why I posted here and also as it is the subject of the topic :

Enable saving during River Raids or fix the game!

Nice day and good luck to all 🙂

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1267 posts

@Jack287346 - I am sorry to hear that you struggled to complete the River Rhine due to crashes, and issues with Eivor "teleporting" away! I'd recommend running through these troubleshooting steps if experiencing crashes in-game on PC. They're known to resolve many common, localised issues for our players, so we like to see them completed as a baseline. Regarding the "teleports" of Eivor, we have a megathread for reports of issues like these set up here, and I'd recommend for you to post there if experiencing issuses like those frequently so that we can keep all of the relevant information together. Many thanks! 🙂

@KamikazeSG12 & @Syrjaelae86 - As above, we have a megathread for reports of issues like these with Eivor "teleporting" away set up here. I'd recommend that you both post there if experiencing issuses like those frequently, so that we can keep all of the relevant information together and compile any additional information that the development team needs in one place. Thank you for sharing your initial reports here! 🙂

@Freestepper - Troubleshooting is a first step that we ask all players to complete, to ensure that the issue(s) being encountered are not localised. I hope that you can understand our logic for this! Regarding the "teleporting" issue, as I've mentioned above, we have a megathread dedicated to this subject here. I would recommend that you post there and follow the thread so that you can stay up-to-date with the latest developments in that investigation. Finally, in terms of saving during the river raids, my colleague @Ubi-Borealis and myself have passed forward the feedback from this thread regarding this subject, so thank you for taking the time to share your extended thoughts on this and how the River Raid game mode could be improved.

@KiroFtGlX, @azullFR & @ChuckKatse - The development team are committed to resolving identified issues as much as possible, so please rest assured that the crashes and issues with Eivor "teleporting" are ones that they are taking seriously, and are investigating. As I've said above, we've passed forward feedback from players regarding the introduction of saves into the River Raids, so we'll keep you all updated as to whether this is ever introduced or not.

Official Response
  • bielik01
    958 posts

@ubi-woofer here you have example of Eivor sent flying...

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 681 posts

@bielik01

Thanks for sharing that with us. I'll pass this on to the team investigating this issue.

Official Response
  • niniiam
    2 posts

Having same issues…now stuck in “the void” at the back of cave in Island Camp during River Exe raids. Not ideal. Waste of a good hour.

Suggested Topics