Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Dominsky
    Original poster 5 posts

I don't know if this is normal but the loading times on my ps4 are really long, and by that I mean when starting the game - around 5 minutes, going on a raid takes up to 10, and using fast travel (or any situation when something is just loading) gives me enough time to go and make some coffee. How is this even possible? Its been like this since the begging and I don't see it getting any better with the updates.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• JiangLegend
    1 posts

@dominsky same problem in pc

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1148 posts

Hey @Dominsky and @JiangLegend , thanks very much for reaching out about this. I can certainly understand that load times can be a frustration, and I appreciate the feedback on this.

We'd not had any reports of excessive loading times being a known issue, so I wanted to double-check that you've both tried our troubleshooting guides. For the PS4, here's the link to the guide, and please be sure to fully update the console and its software, power cycle the console, and rebuild the database. For PC, it's here, and please make sure you've updated your graphics drivers and operating system, you've verified the game files, and you don't have any unnecessary background programs interfering with the game. 

Please perform those steps, and then let me know if the situation improves at all. Thanks once again for posting about this!

Official Response
  • Dominsky
    Original poster 5 posts

Hey @Ubi-Thrupney, thanks for a quick reply.

I have a feeling that it might not help much as my console is less than six months old and I played only about 5 games on it. I'll follow your advise today anyway just to be sure.

Thanks

• bielik01
    959 posts

@ubi-thrupney yes, we do have a megathread for it: Longer loading times following TU 1.2.2, and it still hasn't been fixed.

• Dominsky
    Original poster 5 posts

@Ubi-Thrupney naughty, naughty - this post mentioned by @bielik01 is clearly showing that the problems has existed for a while across all platforms and several people have reported it and included videos, showing how long it takes to start playing this game.

I also see that a lot of people did the troubleshooting steps and it didn't help. Not nice.
    Looks like this will be the first AC that I will abandon 😕

• isuwhat
    190 posts

@ubi-thrupney haven't played the game for a couple of months and the loading times are franking awful. Sometimes well well over 5 minutes to get in or out of a river raid. To the point its unplayable.

is there also a thread on how most raid you end up falling through the map or you get yeeted up into the air and then die?

wanted to go back to Valhalla after a long time away, but the came isn't playable.

• Dominsky
    Original poster 5 posts

@isuwhat 5 minutes wait for the raid is a wishful thinking 🙂

Literally yesterday I had two episodes when Eivor just catapulted to the air just to die before reaching the stratosphere. What a nightmare. Unplayable is the correct word I think.

I want to say that it's the last game I bought from Ubisoft but I already said it after Odyssey - Valhalla was a present but to be honest it feels more like a prank.

• isuwhat
    190 posts

@dominsky yeah flying up into the air is yeeted, no idea why but that's the term.

Dark Strider on youtube put out a compilation video of loads of them he has had throughout his whole play through

id never had 1 my whole play through and now getting them all the time. Then throw on as you say massively long loading times, makes in painful.

am stepping away yet again as anther update has ruined the game

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4132 posts

Hello there!

I apologise for any confusion that was caused within this thread. I can confirm that we have reported longer loading times on PS4 to the development team, especially between the transition from River Raids and the settlement. The team are still investigating this issue further, and we don't yet have any updates to share with you.

Once we have any new information from the investigation into longer loading times, this will be shared in the dedicated Megathread and within the News & Announcements forum. I'd recommend checking out these places regularly for the most up-to-date news. In the meantime, we would recommend trying some basic console troubleshooting steps, as this can help to ensure that your console is running in optimal condition.

We do also have a dedicated Megathread for the investigation into Eivor sometimes randomly flying into the sky, @isuwhat. I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered this issue in your own game. I'd recommend that you check out the dedicated Megathread for more information from the investigation into this issue, and I encourage you to share your own experiences within that thread as well.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • JamesLogan491
    94 posts

On PS4 it takes over seven and a half minutes from the moment you open the application to the moment you are loaded into the map and able to control Eivor. A game like RDR2 takes two and a half minutes. Ubisoft was never the most competent at optimization but this is ridiculous, specially when you consider that any textures beyond 30 feet from Eivor are not even fully loaded, letting us see those low res polygons everywhere, this is even more noticeable in Ravensthorpe where buildings and decorations won't be fully loaded even if you are standing right next to them.

If you add up the loading times of what I call the end-game cycle it is over 40 minutes of no game play on a 2 hours session, 33% of the game is just loading:

Loading for going in a river raid; Loading for finishing a river raid; Loading for traveling to Francia; Loading to fast travel between the 5 merchants there;
    Loading of about 20-30 secs when interacting with each of them; Loading for traveling to Ireland; Loading of about 20-30 secs to sell goods to Azar;
    Loading for interacting with the Ireland trader; And finally loading to return to England and start again.

A third of the game time is spent doing something else around the house instead of playing the game.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1267 posts

Hey there @jameslogan491 - thank you for sharing your experience of these issues with long load times on PlayStation 4. I am sorry to hear that you feel that a significant portion of your time is spent on loading, rather than playing, the game.

I've passed forward your comments to the development team for them to review. If you would be at all able to capture a video showing the long load time particularly upon game launch, and share it with us via a sharing site such as YouTube, that would be much appreciated.

Please do also post in the dedicated megathread for longer load times since TU 1.2.2 if that seems like the issue that is affecting you, and to keep up-to-date with the latest developments in the investigation. Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    633 posts

@ubi-borealis

I don't get this - I reported a seven minute wait on Xbox when doing river raids yet you're only investigating PS4 loading times?

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1267 posts

Hey there @spirantcrayon22,

We are investigating extended loading times since TU 1.2.2 on all platforms, not just on PlayStation 4. We have a separate investigation dedicated to PlayStation 4 loading times in particular areas especially, but an overall investigation into load times is ongoing. As far as I can see, your report mentioning a 7-minute load time for River Raids on Xbox One is actually one of the initial ones we opened the entire investigation with, so please rest assured that it has been documented.

We'll keep everyone updated in the relevant threads here on the forums. Thank you. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics