ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• swamp_ghoul
    Original poster 2 posts

Why i need to enter password everytime to start the game? I ALREADY SIGNED IN ubisoft connect. Why i need to waste my time for this useless actions?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3925 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone, thanks again for the feedback on this.

We passed on a list of all older titles affected by this with your help to our Connect team and had it confirmed this is working as intended for security reasons. The passwords must be entered again when launching older titles. No workaround exists for this, such as running as admin, it is intended.

As previously advised, to ensure a secure connection when launching some older Ubisoft titles in Ubisoft Connect PC, you may be prompted to re-enter your password. If this happens, please type in your password and select log in. The game will then launch as normal. 

We have made our Connect team aware of your disappointment at having to re-enter login details for our older titles and will continue to pass your feedback on.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Milky

Hello swamp_ghoul thank you for your post.

Some of our older titles will require you to use your login details again whilst they verify your CD key. This can happen on a first-time launch, or if the game has not been played in a while.

To resolve this, please make sure the games .exe file, is set to run as administrator in its Properties settings, under the Compatability tab, then select Apply/Save.

Official Response
  • swamp_ghoul
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-milky
    Yes it works! Russian region support chat hasn't told me to do this.

• Ubi-Milky

No problem swamp_ghoul, I am happy to hear it is working for you now.

There are a few steps you can try and resolve this, but running with Admin Rights, is often the most common solution.

This can also affect games that might not save progress, or do not save your settings how you adjusted them, running the game as admin, but selecting this in it Properties usually fixes these issue too, should you ever encounter this too.

Official Response
  • bazatron47
    8 posts

There was exactly the same problem.
    Russian support was actually just rude to me, exclaiming to some kind of "commercial secret", and then simply closing the dialogue.
    Are they sitting there drunk at work on Friday night?
    I've never seen so many spelling mistakes from support in my entire life...

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 707 posts

@bazatron47 I'm sorry to hear that your experience with Support wasn't great! Were you able to try running the game in Admin. mode as suggested by @Ubi-Milky ?

Official Response
  • Jayden_o7
    4 posts

@ubi-milky I'm sorry. But i've launched a game more than once within 24hrs and i've been asked for the password every time. I'm currently playing through AC3 again and when i first opened it after a year i was like, Okay. asking for password. Fine. But then i was on for 3hrs. Got off as i had stuff i needed to do then got on again later that day to see i need to put my password again. Idk who came up with the idea but it's horrible. No one wants to be asked to type a password every single time we want to play a game. Please get rid of this feature. Thanks.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2925 posts

Hello @jayden_o7,

Thank you for your feedback - I'll pass it along to the team! 🙂

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • AngryGrandpa
    6 posts

Same problem! Assassin's Creed Unity and Far Cry 3 asking pass every time.Tried to run the game with admin rights but it's not working for me.

• Jayden_o7
    4 posts

@angrygrandpa Same, I set All AC3 things to run as admin, The SP shortcut, MP shortcut and the normal game shortcut but it still asked for password. All it did was add extra security menus to say yes to.

• dragondark18
    3 posts

I'm checked this issue with reinstall the Ubisoft Connect a lot times, cleanned the temp files, cache, opening the launcher with Admin permissions, and I see than happens the same with games of date from 2010 ~ 2014, but with AC 1 & AC II don't happens to me the same.

I've could press the buttom Play, but with the pop-up of re-enter the password again with games like AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations, AC III, Far Cry 3, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, AC IV: Black Flag, even with AC Unity continues to re-enter the password, I don't have the Far Cry 4 for confirmate if happens the same, I imagine than also.

This needs to be fixed because it is absolutely absurd a popup to re-enter the password to play an old game, when you log in your password to start the program, and if it did not recognize the computer either due to hardware or network change, for some reason we have a security authenticator to avoid problems, I do not see it as necessary that pop-up for play a game that makes no sense... this is just my humble opinion. 🙄

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@dragondark18 Hi there.

Thank you for getting in touch and sharing these details with us.

Regrettably, running games and Ubisoft Connect as admin is our only available workaround. In this case, the password would need to be entered upon launching some of our legacy titles.

We appreciate the feedback, and of course please let us know if you have any other questions.

Official Response
  • CitizenNeo
    1 posts

@ubi-nacho What the hell is this! I just purchased two games assasins creed and I'm not going to keep entering passwords every time I want to play my property after all I use this is for off line gaming only I don't play online crap. ubisoft should have made this BS requirement clear before purchasing if this is a requirement and can not be fixed then how to do get a full refund for both games and all the DLC I only just purchase from ubisoft yeseterday.
    I found run as admin and ran the game with it and after again inputting password the game won't load now just a ubisoft connect blank window with a spinning curcle like its loading but nothing happening!!! I also ran ubisoft with admin with same outcome and to make matters worse I have to twice aggree to let ubisoft make changes to game under user account control after inputting password so thats four times I have to click just to play one stupid game the only way round that is to disable user account control completely which is a totally unacceptable reqirement.
    if this is a required task every time I want to play silly game then that's a totally unacceptable requirement.
    please tell me how to get refund since ubisoft did not make this stupid requirement clear at time of purchase no other game platforms ask this of their customers no matter how old the game is or how it runs this is ridiculous.

• Ubi-Milky

Hello @citizenneo sorry to hear you are disappointed with the need to enter login details, to play some of our older titles that have not been launched for some time.

We will continue to pass all of our player's feedback on this, to our team in charge of the Connect launcher.

Should you wish to apply for a refund you can do so using our automated refund tool on the Ubisoft Store, subject to terms and conditions. This guide should explain how > https://www.ubisoft.com/help?article=000096862

Official Response
  • johnukguy
    3 posts

@ubi-milky

This is not acceptable and the answer given is terrible. Fix this.

• Juanse
    2 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • mrzgabor
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • AngryGrandpa
    6 posts

@ubi-milky Can you guys fix this please? Cuz this is realy not cool!

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4792 posts

Hey guys,

Your feedback on this update has been passed onto the relevant teams, but from here on we can't confirm if this will be reverted with it being done for security reasons.

Should there be any changes planned or announced, we will let you know but we have no ETA for this.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Official Response
  • u42da3
    1 posts

@ubi-milky help me i am in misery trying to play AC unity I spent my money in it just to get asked for a password help save me!!!!!!

Suggested Topics