ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Bluecaboose82.
    Original poster 3 posts

Does anyone know how we unlock the Adrestia shields for the longship? The weekly challenges give you the hull, sail, figurehead, and tailpiece but no mention of shields to complete the set

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Fudz4
    109 posts

@bluecaboose82 I was also wondering this, you are not the only one, hopefully Ubi will update us on this.

• RCDeschene
    148 posts

My guess is that they're supposed to show-up in Reda's shop like the Jackdaw ones did during that event.

• bielik01
    1789 posts

So where are the shields?
    Can you help, @TheNorfolkian?

• TheNorfolkian
    1512 posts

@bielik01 It’s a settlement decoration... the ‘Frozen Soldier Statue’. @Bluecaboose82 @Fudz4 I suspect that we will eventually see it show up in Reda’s shop as soon as tomorrow, if not later this week, as an additional item like @RCDeschene noted with the Jackdaw Shield.

• bielik01
    1789 posts

@thenorfolkian since the challenges end in less than two days, I thought it would become available this week in Reda's weekly selection for everyone.

• TheNorfolkian
    1512 posts

@bielik01 I had that same thought, but maybe they decided to do it differently. The event may be ongoing, but all goals have been completed as of today.

• Lombardic
    3 posts

Just checked shop, there are no shields here.

Is any chance to find those in new river raids?

• HIDDEN1NE
    200 posts

Apparently they exist because they have been datamined and shown by I forget which youtuber, but they recorded themselves equipping shields with the same eagle/snake logo on the sails. Perhaps another mishap like the Einherjar bow?

• TheNorfolkian
    1512 posts

@hidden1ne Do you have a link to said YouTube content?

• HIDDEN1NE
    200 posts

@thenorfolkian

shields at 9:33 specifically. He also shows both ezio and altair outfits, as well as the jackdaw ship scheme in early january before any of this arrived to us.

• HIDDEN1NE
    200 posts

It also seems they’re aware of it but unsure of it’s availability.

• bielik01
    1789 posts

@hidden1ne wow, so someone from Ubisoft finally posted something related to this...
    I wasn't lucky enough to get any answer

• TheNorfolkian
    1512 posts

@hidden1ne Nice share. The YouTuber, j0nathan, is based in France according to his ‘about’ page (I wanted to confirm that he wasn’t Canadian and happened to be making French-based videos). So, because he’s in another country, it’s very possible that the French Ubisoft servers are separate from those assigned for North America and the UK, and that this is all just a big screw-up like the Einherjar Bow, as you previously mentioned. Also, I noticed that the video was published on January 05, 2021, which would mean that the entire Adrestia longboat set was available to the French at least as early as the beginning of the year. I wonder what we received previously that they may just be getting now.

• bielik01
    1789 posts

@thenorfolkian I'm from Poland and believe me, I was quite active in January, so I would have noticed it 😄
    It's more like j0nathan added items to his inventory modifying his saved game files (because he's on PC).

• HIDDEN1NE
    200 posts

@thenorfolkian

Yea I should’ve clarified just didn’t know if it’d rat him out but he’s a dataminer who finds content mooonnnths earlier than released, and usually to the fullest extent even if we miss content. So it’s nothing like servers getting it earlier he def modded the files into his game, I more shared the video to prove the shields scheme existence, but yea you can go through a bunch of his videos and he’s always showing helix and dlc items months in advance of their in game arrival. Hope this makes more sense

• TheNorfolkian
    1512 posts

@bielik01 I too was active in January and didn’t see anything about the Adrestia, but you’re probably right about this guy modding the game on PC. Still, the fact that he was able to do that proves that the files existed that far back.

Your point about playing the game in Poland does debunk my speculation that there are different servers for different regions. It would seem then that Ubisoft maintains a global server network, which may explain why there have been so many server bugs.

(Off-topic... how about for AC Infinity, Ubisoft makes a sandbox ‘level’ around the Battle of Grunwald in 1410? The Assassins could have been aiding the Polish-Lithuanian alliance against the Templar-supported Teutonic Knights. I would totally play that.)

@HIDDEN1NE Thank’s for clarifying.

• Imferael
    29 posts

Hi everyone!
    Check out Ubisoft Connect Rewards starting in patch 1.4.1!
    Who wants to spend 60 coins to check if there are Adrestia shields included?

• bielik01
    1789 posts

@imferael check this thread. 🙂
    But I believe they will add another challenge for the shields this Thursday...
    What's funny is I found spoiler, but there's nothing else.

• A.M.R.
    22 posts

@bielik01 I hope they will do that; adding a challenge for the shields.

Suggested Topics