ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• x_Modesty_x
    Original poster 5 posts

Hey Folks, I hope you are doing wonderful. I recently (a little over a month ago) picked up this game and decided to give it a go.

Here is my feedback and suggestions on some of the game features.

Global Directives

a) Fragile Armor - if you are playing as a healer (future initiative), it's very hard to understand whether the target is in full health or not when they have Fragile Armor stacks. It would be nice to have a visual UI effect that tells me if the target is full and can benefit from the 4 piece set.
    b) Scavenged Skills. I don't understand why you would block people from using entire sets of gear. Why would you add something like this into the game? This directive benefits gunplay only and make pure tech builds rather uncomfortable. Additionally, it makes Hard Wired set disabled entirely. It seems like a weird game design when you exclude certain builds or/and make them much more challenging to play than the others. In my understanding, this is your way to control the meta. However, without additional new gear sets and guns, it feels unnecessary and forced. It would be nice to see challenging directives that make the game harder but do not exclude entire builds or make them unplayable.

Raiding.

It's hard to find active guilds that would accept newbies and take them to the raids. Why would you not have an "Advertisement Board" in the main city hubs where people can make an event for other random players to see and sign up. Something like, "Dark Hour's raid at 20:00 (Time Zone) everybody welcome, using discord - sign up". Additionally, it can be used to fill in absentees for active raids. Also, it would be cool if the Raid Leader could see how many times someone cleared the raid to understand the experience. It sounds like a good and fitting idea for the post-apocalyptic world. (I am sure you can find a way to block run sellers).

Recalibration Station

It would be cool to have an "Undo" button. Sometimes I sit at the base and Theorycraft the build. Trying to fit pieces together and see whether it would work. However, once you change Core Attribute, Attribute or Talent, essentially you are stuck with it, but then I change my mind and think that this and that could work better, but now I have to go and re-farm or stick with whatever I have. Not perfect, but can be fixed through simple "Undo". To balance such a feature, you could allow players to undo changes only within the first two hours since the first change or only undo 1-3 times. Then it becomes permanent.

New items and Season Rewards

At this point of the game. I've tried a lot (maybe even most) of the builds I could put my hands on, and learned a lot on youtube and theorycrafted myself. However, I've noticed that new seasons bring nothing new apart from some directives and new investigations. To make the game season more exciting and make people come back and try something new. Why don't you introduce two brand new four-piece sets and a few legendaries each season? You can take Future Initiative, Foundry chest and backpack, raid legendaries, fit them into the open-world and discovery raids, and add them into the Season Reward. Then re-fill the old raids with new legendaries and a four-piece chest and backpack, also add other parts into the open world. It will make people raid again and more. It will make people come back and try old or new legendaries and sets. Each season will fill like a Christmas present, and it is probably cheaper than designing an entire raid and gives people new content until bigger updates (such as new expansion or raid) arrives into the game.

🙂

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xcel30
    680 posts

Just a comment on the last part about new items and season rewards, in case you are not aware because you are new player, this is a season re-run so there's not new items in there because it's so people can get the rewards they missed, mostly the blueprints for the gear set that came with the season (Rigger), exotics (Holster and Shotgun), brand and weapons. So the lack of new items is mostly because this is not a new season but just a re-run because game developtment was forcibly restarded the team is working on new content and the re-runs are serving as in between to give people something to do or second chance for those who missed.

They have been very quiet about whatever they have been cooking over half an year, so the reason of why there isn't any new content is simply because nothing was being made in advance so there is simply nothing ready

• SuspiciousPixel
    196 posts

I often join Discovery Raids or just pick up people standing by the helicopter and ask them if they want to do the Normal Raid.
    More than often they don't know the difference between Discovery and Normal so I explain it to them over chat by inviting them to my group because Global Chat still after 2 years is full of foreign chat spam and hacking advertising services.

I must have invited over a hundred players to the official Discord LFG this way as an attempt to keep Ubisofts official Discord alive with new players wanting to do the raid for exotics or wanting to learn the raid. But I do think your Advertisement board is a good idea.

Suggested Topics