Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kazu82
    Original poster 6 posts

Just as the title. If I booted up the system and play Division 2, the FPS is optimal at around 120~144fps. If I quit the game and play another game on the system, the other games is working fine as well. However when I switch back to Division 2 (without restarting the computer), I am only getting 8-10 fps. I've tried disabling easy anti-cheat after I get in game with no result. The issue tends to go away if I do a hard restart of the computer. Is there any ways to avoid doing this without restarting? Thanks in advance.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2468 posts

@kazu82 Im sorry to hear that you are experiencing low fps when you restart the game.

Can you please try the troubleshooting steps in the support article here.

If the issue persists, could you please submit a support ticket and attach your system files, dxdiag and msinfo and our Customer Support team will investigate this further for you. 

Official Response
  • Kazu82
    Original poster 6 posts

@Ubi-Keo I've tried the trbouleshooting steps already and still the same result. I will put a ticket in.

• Kazu82
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-keo Okay I can't even submit a ticket because the only options on the support page only have start chat and no submit ticket options available.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2468 posts

@kazu82 Please click here and try again to see if that works.

Official Response
  • Kazu82
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-keo It doesn't work as it says due to covid, support is restricted to chat only, but Chat option is never available.

• Ace7492
    5 posts

@kazu82 I have also had this EXACT same problem. The only fix for me is a complete restart and the game runs perfectly again. I am running 2080ti 9900k and 32GB ram. I have been playing this game for a long time but this problem has just started for me in the last month.

• Adrian-11
    714 posts

Problems with the new Nvidia drivers and the shader caches...

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 829 posts

Hey @kazu82

It could be an issue with the latest Nvidia driver as @Adrian-11 mentioned. You could test this by reverting to the previous driver and see if that resolved the issue.

I would also suggest if you are running any other games through another game launcher in between sessions, then try fully closing the other game launcher down and/or Ubisoft Connect before re-launching The Division 2, just in case that helps as it would be quicker than restarting your PC.

Also, live chat will be available at certain times of day depending on your region but you can contact us through Facebook (Ubisoft Support) and Twitter (@UbisoftSupport) DM's too, and we can create a support ticket for you from there. I apologies for any inconvenience.

Official Response
  • Kazu82
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-froggard Thanks for the reply. I did try the option of closing it down and starting Division 2 as administrator, but the result is just not as optimal as restarting the computer. I will contact Ubi support through FB, thanks again.

• Kazu82
    Original poster 6 posts

@ace7492 same, the best fix is complete restart. Am using 3080, 10900k, and 32gig ram as well so its strange to see this happening 😞

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4185 posts

Thanks for the update, @Kazu82. I understand that fully restarting the computer is not an ideal workaround for this issue, and apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused by this. I can see that you've been able to successfully open a support ticket via Facebook. The player support team will be able to provide you with further troubleshooting via your support ticket.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics