ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AngryPandaNr1
    60 posts

@xcel30 In the summit you might "just throw a incendiary grenade and mag dump them" because you (like everyone else) are waiting for them to run in the room where they not only get on fire by your grenade but also shocked and/or most likely riot foamed by the team.
    Because when solo and they are just on fire they run away to at least behind the left door.
    Or you are on normal mode where they are basically purple enemies on speed with gold health bars.

• xcel30
    796 posts

@angrypandanr1 Nah, i did the same when facing the unique hunter in shaffer or farming the masks (heroic and challenging respectively), i admit cheesing them in summit using shock traps and incendiary but i mostly did that because legendary with forced directives was pretty danm hard

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts
    @ubi-lucipus i don't know what others think, but i think it is only the hunter masks, specifically since the " stinger " mask from the "friend referral" program, all the hunter masks ( this includes warlords of new york hunters, and seasonal masks " adamant, auspice, Julmust ". Are super big compared to the player's head, probably because they are over a beanie.

it is worth mentioning that the " Deceit " mask from the Shaeffer manhunt mission, is not oversized, but does have the ugly beanie.
    ALL year 1 hunter masks fit nicely, but have that ugly bandana instead of the balaclava 🙂 hope this helps !

EDIT: all of this has been seen on MALE characters. can't comment on female characters 🙂

All of the WONY Hunter masks are both wider and taller - so I rarely ever wear them. Same with the non-Manhunter extras [like the ones from The Summit]. I do wear some of the original DC Hunter masks.

If I had my druthers, and they're serious about taking a look at changing them: could they drop the hat for a balaclava, then have the mask fit similar to the Reaper mask [skull face]? Just a bit more coverage than that though. This would also allow the Hunter masks to work with Hoods/Hats.

• Ubi-Lucipus
    Community Manager 147 posts

@latenitedelight Understood, if you have some image examples feel free to share them with me too, I'm going to make a note of this feedback 🙂

Official Response
  • LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@ubi-lucipus I'll try to grab some pics next time I play 😁

• xcel30
    796 posts

actually making masks in general a better fit depending on your character head shape would be great

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@xcel30 I've been playing Div1 more while waiting for new Div2 content and Heartlands..

While I prefer nearly everything in TD2 more*, the mask game is way stronger.. I plan to include some shots from there for this too

*Excepting the snow/atmosphere, and ability to have DtE + higher DtA
  • Bulletz4Delta
    15 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Bulletz4Delta
    15 posts

@ubi-lucipus hey, I do have a model that I found that was originally for the player. The hunter mask had a balaclava underneath it

• Dust-Demon
    Original poster 25 posts

@ubi-lucipus Hello
    here are some pictures, i won't include alll the masks as that is too many! but here is at least 1 mask of each category to compare sizes.

Year 1 Hunter masks ( DC hunters ) :

Year 2 Hunter masks ( New York Hunters ) :

Seasonal Masks includes ( Julmust Adamant Auspice )

Shop AND friend referall program masks ( Covert and Stinger )

Deceit mask ( shaeffer manhunt Mission )

Conclusion ? well the year 1 masks are smaller and fit the head nicely, and look just like a Hunter's mask.
    Ever since the Stinger ( friend referall program ) happened, ALL masks have the beanie thus making the masks oversized and too round on the head. i think it's the fact that they had to increase the size to have the mask over the beanie so no clipping happened.

The only one that is fine other than year 1 masks, is the DECEIT mask, as you can see, it does not go over the beanie, thus it doesn't suffer the same as the others.
    THE problem seems to be the beanie, if the masks had balaclava, they wouldn't need to be so big.

I hope this helps 🙂 i am very happy this thread is gaining attention finnaly ! hopefully something comes out of it ! 🙂

PS: these pictures were taken from the The Division wiki - Hunters section, i didn't take them myself . and they are ALL male characters.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@dust-demon I took some pictures in game quick last night, but didn't have time to upload them. That's basically what I was going to show - the new masks are wider, taller, and flatter, while sticking out further [bigger gap to eyes]. At least, that's how they look to me. I really like the patterns, but they just don't look right [to me] when I pop them on. I'll still wear the Santa one in December though..

I also took two pictures from Div1 and the Reaper mask, which show the masks being more similar to Deceit, but without the beanie so you can add Hood/Hat. I have no earthly idea how much work it would be to swap the beanie for a balaclava, then move the patterns to a smaller mask...

There are the two sugar skull masks too, that could be a template size if it's too much to go balaclava? Those also work with hood/hat and have a similar size to the OG masks.

• Bulletz4Delta
    15 posts

@dust-demon essentially like this done right

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OU-K4EWiFu5rNSwNDdkaBdElPsDDx091/view?usp=drivesdk: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OU-K4EWiFu5rNSwNDdkaBdElPsDDx091/view?usp=drivesdk)

Sorry wouldn’t let me post it on here so I copied it to my drive.

• Metal_Greg
    139 posts

@bulletz4delta the file's locked.

• Bulletz4Delta
    15 posts

@metal_greg darn it, I’ll fix it

• Bulletz4Delta
    15 posts

@metal_greg Here it should be fixed now

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OU-K4EWiFu5rNSwNDdkaBdElPsDDx091/view?usp=drivesdk: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OU-K4EWiFu5rNSwNDdkaBdElPsDDx091/view?usp=drivesdk)

• Dust-Demon
    Original poster 25 posts

@bulletz4delta hello
    where did you find that ? never seen it before.
    but that is exactly it ! that is how the masks should be, size and balaclava are perfect !

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

If it's easier, just ask the R6S team for the Nøkk & Vigil outfits [and add his BOSG-12] 😁

• Dust-Demon
    Original poster 25 posts

@latenitedelight nokk has an amazing outfit ! still wondering why not 1 mask has that mesh veil over the head ! damn why can't we have cool stuff ?

and vigil looks good but he doesn't quite have a hunter looking outfit 😄

• Bulletz4Delta
    15 posts

@dust-demon found one of the devs artstation with a whole bunch of character models of division 2

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@dust-demon I'm sure the veil is a nightmare if you allow people to mix and match all apparel pieces. In R6S & Breakpoint, it's a full custom outfit you can't modify.

Suggested Topics