Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• dava4444
    Original poster 19 posts

Hi

While trying to solve a problem with AC Syndicate I came across a fix by @Michichael he suggested turning off cores to under 20 in MSConfig.. which I tried, rebooted, and it worked!..I also tried FC3 which I have what feels like endless hours of troubleshooting in. It worked! I was operating on 12 cores. (I have dual Xeon E5-2660v3s, 20 core/40 threads)

I went back into MSConfig turned all the cores on and rebooted again. Then I started looking for an affinity program.. I bought 'dAffinity' which was a total waste of money!..but I found a prog called 'Process Lasso' (great program! easy to use).. and after much trial and error, I got FC3 working with 0-3 (4 cores, 0123).

I don't know if this (see below) was something to do with the original problem or if this was something to do with Process Lasso, but I discovered if I just kept hitting ignore FC3 would start and run normally.

As for SC Syndicate.. no joy yet without using MSConfig.. these two games need some serious patching from the Dev team/Bug team!

Thanks for reading and I hope this helps

Dava

---------

If some nice Ubi staff/admin would PLEASE pass this info to the Bug Team.. I did NOT ENJOY my 20+ hours troubleshooting these two games.. and would prefer to have them just work. thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 380 posts

@dava4444 Hey Dava, I very much appreciate you bringing forward your frustrations and findings regarding your inability to launch both of those games. This is certainly very helpful. I will share it with the dev teams. Would you be able to do me an extra favour and create a case on the Support Portal, upload your MSInfo and DxDiag and then share with me the case #? You can add in the case description that UbiKoreanBBQ was asking for system files via the forum.

Official Response
  • dava4444
    Original poster 19 posts

@ubikoreanbbq Thanks for the reply

I tried doing this before coming to the forum but it says due to covid limitations it won't let me open a support ticket (I assume because these are legacy games) and that I should come to the forum.

I have the files if you want to give me an email I can send them to.. wait.. I just realized I tried this ^ for AC Syndicate but not FC3.. aaand done!

my case number is: 15356236.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 380 posts

@dava4444 Thanks so much for the case #! I saw that it was reviewed by Ubi-Scxr, Ubi-Sorcerer, and Ubi-Slam. 😊 Your workaround fix has been forwarded to the dev team! Thank you again. Your help in this matter is much appreciated. 💙

Official Response

Suggested Topics