ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• evmorg90
    Original poster 5 posts

I am unable to complete quests. I go and pick up the required quest item and sail to the ship designated for quest completion but it does not do anything. Dispite my ship with the quest items sitting next to the quest ship the quest timer runs out. I have tried dumping the cargo then picking it back up again but this doesn't work. Can anyone help?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• evmorg90
    Original poster 5 posts

Saved game - https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk7yspces12slmw/Lotte%20Nussbaum%20-%20quest.a7s?dl=0: (https://dropbox.com/s/bk7yspces12slmw/Lotte%20Nussbaum%20-%20quest.a7s?dl=0)

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @evmorg90, thanks for getting in touch, welcome to forums and sorry to hear about this.

I appreciate you for providing us with your save file in advance - this will be useful to have going forward.

in terms of the issue itself, could you advise us what is(are) the particular quest(s) that you're having difficulties with?

Official Response
  • Wuschel523
    12 posts

@evmorg90

have you tried sailing away soem distance and approaching the target again? Clicked on the target? It can sometimes take several attempts.

somebody also reported that it helped him as last resort to switch to another session, save and reload the game and go back to deliver the quest item(s).

• Bert_Boomgaard
    9 posts

@evmorg90
    Hello. I opened your save game (twice) and clicked on Bente's ship and waited a second. Then she came with a response and gave me the reward. End of the quest. Try it. It happened to me in the past too with different quests.

• evmorg90
    Original poster 5 posts

I have tried moving away and coming back again.

It is happening to quests where I need to deliever something to a ship. Sometimes it works after going in and out of the recivings ships zone a multiple times otherwise the timer runs out and I fail the quest.

It has only started happening since the last DLC downloaded.

• evmorg90
    Original poster 5 posts

@bert_boomgaard I am still playing this game and it happens on most of the deliever quests. Sometimes I have to spend a few minutes moving the ship away and back again to make it register the quest completion but this does not always work.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2460 posts

Thanks for coming back to us and explaining further, @evmorg90 - and thanks everyone else for your insights into this issue, too.

I'd really like to report this to our developers to look into further. Without specific information about when this happens, or even just examples of specific quests, it'd be a difficult issue for us to track down. If possible, can you keep track of which quests you have the issue with, and which steps you eventually ended up taking to make it work?

If at all possible, it'd be great to have some video footage of a quest not working. I know that's not an easy thing to do, especially when you can't know which quests will present the issue.

Thanks for your continued help with this - we really appreciate it!

Official Response
  • evmorg90
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-thrupney Sorry for the delay. Not played anno for a while. But started a new game and the first time it happened is in this new game is with a Bente Jorgensen quest called emergancy blankets. I have my flagship with the required goods sitting next to her ship which has the gold star. The above tricks have not worked. What I have to do now is leave my ship there until the quest time runs out in hope it might recognise it before then. Which is not often. I have not managed to video it.

• SirHarryPierce
    203 posts

@evmorg90 when did you last Verify Files in Ubi Launcher? A lot of (small) updates have been rolled out.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1677 posts

@evmorg90 Hello there!

As correctly suggested by @SirHarryPierce (thank you), could you verify the games files to ensure you're running the most up to date version possible.

Once this has been completed could you please relaunch the game to see if the issue persists?

Thank you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics