Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• zyberian
    Original poster 3 posts

so playing on PC in a river raid i finished clearing the first camp on the second Ireland raid run, I stepped in fire at full health (with 466 points in skill tree 47 mastery in bear 14 raven 33 wolf so I have ALOT of health and yet one tick of fire damage was enough to absolutely end me, is this a bug, I'm assuming so since I've never experienced this before anywhere else on any area or dlc

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TheNorfolkian
    521 posts

@zyberian What is the difficulty setting of your game, and do you have level scaling enabled?

• zyberian
    Original poster 3 posts

@thenorfolkian default on everything 333hp 287 armour fire damage resistance 77.8

• TheNorfolkian
    521 posts

@zyberian Can you provide a video clip displaying this problem? Also, did it only happen once, or are you seeing repeated instances where this occurs?

• zyberian
    Original poster 3 posts

@thenorfolkian it appears to be a one off, I can't get it to repeat anywhere in the same river raid, it does seem odd that its the first time anything like that has occured

• TheNorfolkian
    521 posts

@zyberian If you’re able to capture video the next time it does happen, it would help in pinpointing how it could be replicated.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 400 posts

@zyberian Hey there! I'd like to welcome you to Discussions and thank you for reaching out about this fire damage issue! As @TheNorfolkian pointed out, a video clip of this issue if it happens again would be greatly appreciated! Do you also recall any specific actions you were doing right before this happened?

Official Response
  • KalleKala82
    10 posts

@ubistorm I had this almost same thing happening to me. I was clearing a fortress in one of the river raids when I dodged an attack and Eivor took a very fast movement for many meters away from the spot where I was and I died. The ground was in flames at this moment and I got ignited too but usually I can stay in flames for multiple seconds because I have the max level in skills and 50 mastery points in all three classes.

This dying has only happened to me once. Without the flame this "leap" thing has happened to me many times when I dodge right after I have interacted with something. Eivor moves as fast as lightning for many meters but all that has ever happened to me when this happens is that I got stuck in a wall. Usually I just end up few meters away from where I was and I can keep on playing the game like nothing happened.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3857 posts

Thanks for sharing your report with us, @KalleKala82. I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered trouble with fire damage in-game.

The "leap" you're describing sounds very similar to a teleporting issue that has been reported to the development team. As the name suggests, Eivor will "teleport" a short distance away suddenly, usually in the direction being travelled. Generally, you should be able to continue moving as normal after the teleport. The team are investigating this issue further, and any future updates regarding this teleporting issue will be shared within the News & Announcements forum.

Were you able to capture a video which demonstrated what exactly happened when Eivor died near-instantly to flames? A video that demonstrates the incident happening in-game would be helpful for reproducing the issue in further investigation.

If this happens again, please can you capture a video and share it within this thread? I recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. We can then pass this video along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics