ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 535 posts

I almost never go rogue, so am of course unfamiliar with it, so this is a serious question.

With the high percentage of players either hiding, or joining you to clear a landmark, then waiting till your back is turned and your armor is down from NPCs then just turning rogue and shooting you in the back, what exactly is gained from this?

Seriously, does the game incentivize this by awarding something? They clearly aren't in it for PvP play, otherwise they wouldn't go for the lamest kill of all. Is it just to stack their numbers on the leaderboards? Is it easy credits?

The fact that it happens so much tells me something in the game must encourage it.

P.S. Don't waste your time telling me "git gud" or "situational awareness." Whenever someone is that lame they get exactly one kill off of me, then I move to another DZ. Denying them what they seem to be craving is the best way to combat it.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DutchLMB4ever
    428 posts

@sock_monkey The only thing I can think of is for DZ projects.
    1 kill and run it off isn't gonna give rewards right?
    I just can't remember if you can kill both agents and rogues, or only one of them.
    If its only rogue's it doesn't make sense.
    And then they are just faqqs that should play spongebob or whatever.

• xcel30
    847 posts

Well they don't know what you are carrying and why wouldn't people shoot a free kill for more credits and dz xp if they already planned going rogue, in a perfect world technically everyone could just share DZ drops and farming would be easier safer and faster, but the entire point of DZ is that you can easily get the advantage by just being an jerk, so why wouldn't you be a jerk? If they have the advantage and know they won't lose why not win? (i don't go to DZ but in any aspect of any game that has PVP, free advantages will always be the most common choice)

• alwaysblazed82
    11 posts

A few of my friends are really high up on the "shd agents killed" leaderboard. They do it strictly for the numbers. For them it's all about staying at the top. Shooting an agent in the back is basically a free kill, you can rack up hundreds of "free kills" per day because 9 out of 10 of those "free kills" will come back for revenge more than once.

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 535 posts

Thanks all. I suspect @alwaysblazed82 has the right answer. I don't recall any projects that involved killing SHD agents @DutchLMB4ever - usually they are "rogue culling" or similar.

@xcel30 I totally agree there too, but I guess I was wondering more if the game in some way incentivizes it. Yeah, it's an easy way to be a jerk, but are there really that many jerks playing the game? Maybe so, in which case you could be right and it's for no reason at all.

Suggested Topics