Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 516 posts

What is the best second gear set to pair with the Taranis set? That question was what I initially set out to answer when I started my testing, but I discovered that the Taranis set plays by its own rules with regards to its ‘bonus’.

First, it is interesting to note that bows do not ‘count’... the set’s language of being ‘completely unarmed’ really means that Eivor has no hand weapons when performing melee attacks. Now, that being said, I have not yet done any extensive testing with diamond rune application on bows to see if there’s any way additional damage can be applied to Eivor’s unarmed ‘bonus’, but I have determined that pretty much any rune that would apply towards a weapon stat does not affect Taranis damage output or frequency, so Attack and Speed do not matter, as well as Critical Chance and Critical Damage.

Second, because Eivor is not using a hand weapon/shield, the stats reflecting Melee Damage do not apply. This became very obvious when I did some testing to combine the Taranis set with the Wayland and Paladin sets. If that’s the case, what is the real numerical ‘bonus’ of the Taranis set? Well, that’s hard to say for sure... but if you go punch people around with Eivor completely unarmed, and then you put on the Taranis set, you’ll typically see somewhere between four and five times the damage for regular light attacks. That multiplier seems to go up to six or seven times the damage for strong attacks, depending on critical hits.

Lastly, what secondary gear sets might be best paired with the Taranis set for maximum unarmed combat fun? The answer to that seems to be any set which improves Armor, Health, Melee Resistance, and Range Resistance. If you want your Eivor to be a tank, I recommend the Brigandine set, as the higher armor bonus will help when surrounded by multiple enemies. However, I’ve found that the Druid set is probably the best to compliment the Taranis set as Eivor is bound to take damage and some quick punches can bring back any lost health pretty quickly, even with Idunn’s Heart helping out.

Additionally, the best runes to compliment the Taranis set are obviously those that improve Armor, since pairing an additional set cuts out that +25 Armor bonus, which can be easily fixed with at least five great runes. I would also recommend Health and Evasion runes for balancing. As for the ideal diamond rune to go into the Taranis Armor, your best bet is either the Thor’s Rune or Mentor Rune.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• azullFR
    1105 posts

@thenorfolkian

great and huge job you did there ! 👍 👍 👍
    Many, many Thanks to you 👏 👏

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics