ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SteveZ_Pun
    355 posts

@bielik01
    I raided 5 locations, got 5 black icons, sail to settlement and direct back to the river 3 from them have red icons.
    Tried today again with same river and locations and 2 from 5 have red icons. The chests are all filled and i can claim again supplies.
    The red icons come back random...maybe!?
    When i open a chest i got sometimes 50 supplies, when i came back 55 or 60.
    I played 2,3 hours without issues and now i have crash after crash

• bielik01
    1743 posts

@stevez_pun in this case some guide would be appreciated. With information like

• when the icon turns black from red, and back to red,
    • when your jomsviking level up,
    • how much supplies can you get (when the Champion of Faith was still undefeated and I raided some locations, I was getting 60 supplies from one chest, and soon after defeating the champion, even during the same raid, the amount of supplies was lowered to 50).
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5943 posts

Hello there!

Thanks for sharing your report about the Fetid Bog not completing after clearing the raid location, @TheNorfolkian, and for including a video. I'd noticed this in my own game, however I thought it might be a small error that would resolve after a river raid refresh. I've passed on your report to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

If we require any information from you regarding the Fetid Bog, we'll reach out within this thread. In the meantime, please keep an eye out for any future updates within the News & Announcements forum.

As you have discovered, more weapons can be found as you progress through the River Raid quests 😄 It looks like those rivers are hiding a lot of loot! Once you've completed the first set of Rhine quests, these should become available to you. If you've completed all available River Raid quests and you're still being prompted to collect additional gear and weapons, please don't hesitate to update us within this thread so we can investigate further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1271 posts

@ubi-borealis The additional gear issue was resolved by completing the quest, but other players have reported similar issues with the raid icon on the map in this thread.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for bringing my attention to that thread, @TheNorfolkian! I'll keep both threads separate for now as the issue has been encountered in different rivers. Rest assured that player support team will take a closer look at the thread you've linked as soon as we are able to 🙂

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @TheNorfolkian!

Thanks for sharing your reports with us about issues you've encountered during the new River Raids.

As mentioned in some other threads we've been conversing in, the additional gear and weapons that have appeared in certain rivers will be revealed as you progress further with the River Raid quests. For any players who are being prompted to find more gear and weapons after completing all available quests, please don't hesitate to reach out to us so we can investigate further.

I'm sorry to hear that Ferrierès is not showing as completed for you once you've fully looted the area. Thanks for sharing your experience as well, @bielik01! I've notified the development team about this issue, as well as the uncompleted raid marker you've encountered at Fetid Bog too.

If you have noticed that other locations in Ireland or Francia aren't showing as black "Raid Completed" markers after fully looting the area, please don't hesitate to let us know so we can notify the development team.

@SteveZ_Pun - Would you be able to provide us with some more information about the issue you've encountered with red and black raid markers? Please note that an area will only have the red icon if it has treasure to be looted! Areas will be marked with a black raid marker for three additional raids after the first. After three raids, the area will "refresh" and be available to raid again (and marked with a red raid icon).

If you have noticed areas still showing as available to raid despite all treasure being collected, please don't hesitate to let us know so we can investigate further.

Can you also let us know if you're still experiencing crashes in-game, so we can take a closer look at this as well?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

There are other threads about red axe markers still being active after completing a raid in one of the new River Raid areas, but I recently discovered that this problem exists for the rivers of the prior River Raids. Here is a video showing that the river raid did not end after I emptied all of the big chests at the Island Monastery on River Severn, and strangely I was able to even end and restart a raid despite that there was nothing left to really raid. If you have a similar example for ANY river where this problem exists, let’s make this the megathread for such examples. I’m on my XBox Series X with TU 1.3.1 installed and have no internet or technical issues.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhFeScLdbsMBmHCMvqQxNWtyL-b3?e=O6VLgb: (https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhFeScLdbsMBmHCMvqQxNWtyL-b3?e=O6VLgb)

• RCDeschene
    127 posts

@thenorfolkian This happens on the PS4 Pro version as well... 😕

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Thanks for reporting this issue to us, @TheNorfolkian. Out of curiosity, did you ever notice this issue before the recent update which added additional River Raids? Or did the red axe icons disappear properly on raids you completed prior to the update? Additionally, can you also provide me with any links to other threads where you've seen this type of issue reported, so that I can check whether any other support agents have been looking into this issue previously?

@RCDeschene, you've mentioned that you have also experienced this issue on PlayStation 4? Would you be able to provide a video showing the issue, much like @TheNorfolkian has? I can then open a multi-platform investigation with the developers to look further into this issue if you can. 🙂

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-woofer This problem definitely started since TU 1.3.1 was installed. I have previously posted about similar issues affecting at least two rivers in the new River Raids... Berbha, and Rhine. The topics were kept separate because there were different problems in both instances, and there was a now resolved issue about weapons/gear in those threads. This thread was created because the very specific problem of the red axe markers appears to exist in at least one of the old rivers, so I wanted this thread to be a catch-all for any future instances.

• KamikazeSG12
    54 posts

I ran into this Sat night. I got to sit down (Xbox One X) and actually play the entire Berbha Raid zone. I cleared the Fetid Bog after having trouble getting a crewmember to help open the chest (had to end and restart the raid twice). The red Axe marker will not clear. I don't remember getting the "Raid Cleared" notification either. I went back to it after clearing all the other raid sites and couldn't start a raid to try to clear it.

• RCDeschene
    127 posts
  • KamikazeSG12
    54 posts

So, I went back into the Berbha Raid today, about 14 hours after I played last night. When I got there, the Fetid Bog showed as completed. Others had reset. Managed to complete all raid locations and they all cleared.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1669 posts

I encountered this earlier today on my Xbox One X. River Dee, one of the monasteries, I think the Riverside Monastery.

Also this is NOT a new bug, I encountered this shortly after the whole River Raid thing started. I can recall it happened more than once, the nearest I can say to a specific site is one of the blockades. It does not appear to make any difference to anything, Eivor can leave a raid and I'm pretty sure the site is greyed-out on the following raid.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@TheNorfolkian All right. It's good to note that this seemed to start after TU 1.3.1! Thanks for confirming that! Thank you as well for clarifying how this differed from your other threads about similar issues. While I understand that you have no technical issues with your console, did you attempt any kind of troubleshooting steps to resolve this so that I can let the team know?

@KamikazeSG12 I appreciate all of the screenshots that you provided! I also just want to make certain that all of the red axes have cleared and remained cleared at this time? And did you do anything else aside from putting the game down and then coming back to it later?

@RCDeschene Thank you so much for that video! I'd also like to know if this seemed to resolve after going back to the area after rebooting the game?

@SpirantCrayon22 When you first began to experience this, was the site always just greyed-out? Or did the red axes also make any appearance?

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1669 posts

@ubistorm

I do not recall what the axe was doing on the map. What happened was roughly as follows. Raid a site, kill everyone, loot everything, smash everything (eg, river chains). Eivor might or might not have said, "Let's get back to the ship," but the horn never sounded and the other crew stayed on site. Returning to the ship recalled them but the site was raid-able again immediately (ie, before returning home), with the same result that the other crew just wandered around doing nothing. Whether the axe was red or not at this point I cannot recall but I am fairly sure that the site was not raid-able on the next visit. This was definitely present soon after the River Raids were introduced, long before 1.3.

• TheNorfolkian

@spirantcrayon22 Do you recall if it was the same location, or different locations each time when this happened before at the start of the first River Raids DLC?

• SpirantCrayon22
    1669 posts

@thenorfolkian

It happened to me at at least two different sites (when it first occurred). It was not common so hard to tell if certain sites are glitched, but a site on one of the first set of maps had this problem for me yesterday but I didn't make a note of which site it was unless I've already written it in this thread.

• SteveZ_Pun
    355 posts

@bielik01
    My jomsviking level up very fast, i mustnt complete a map. And i always clear alone the areas and call them to open the doors and chests.
    The icons and supplies change more or less random, i tried different or same raids and locations, every time a different result

• Kormac67
    1058 posts
    Can you check if you have the same problem as I do at Fetid Bog on the River Berbha?

Yes, I had this too. Also there were two yellow raid location beams in the river there.

At least we do get raid completions now most of the time. We rarely got them before.

Suggested Topics