Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• the_Kettle
    Original poster 140 posts

I've noticed over the last several weeks that my ammo reserves for ARs have been either displaying an incorrectly low figure or actually being less than it ought. This seems to occur when joining another players session, or fast traveling to a non-safehouse outside of the current map (eg traveling from a DC safe house - so my ammo should be maxed - to the Pentagon mission markers). My normal max ammo reserve is 924 or so, and when this bug occurs it drops it to about 650. Some of the time it's only a display bug, and corrects itself after several seconds or upon reload. Other times those 300-odd bullets do appear to have simply vanished. Wiping & respawning at a mission checkpoint also seems to result in oddly variable ammo reserves - but I'm not sure what the intended behaviour is in those cases.
    I'm not sure if this is a known issue (I'm surprised not to have seen reports about it already), but if not I can gather more data. Currently I've only noticed it with AR ammo because that's the only one I make a habit of checking, but it may well affect other weapon's ammo too. It seems fairly reproducible so I should be able to get a video of it if necessary.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Imagine_Brata
    177 posts

@the_kettle we had a thread about it in the old forum

• the_Kettle

@imagine_brata Ah, fair enough - I've been playing primarily with MMRs for the vast majority of my playtime, which may explain why I haven't noticed this until recently! I did have a quick look through this forum and the 'known issues' thread to see if it had already been mentioned.
    (But then that 'known issues' list doesn't seem to include a lot of stuff we know about, like the broken armor glitches or the unusable rope at the construction site side mission).

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2408 posts

@the_kettle I can confirm that this issue was reported previously, however the development team were unable to reproduce it again when they tested it on later update.

Could you please provide a video to show this happening along with any other information you think will be helpful and I will forward it on to the development team.

Official Response
  • the_Kettle

@ubi-keo
    See video for demonstration of the simplest way I found to cause it.

Further testing suggests the problem occurs with AR, Rifle, and SMG ammo, but not LMG, MMR or Shotguns. The bug occurs for those weapon types regardless of whether they are equipped at the time of fast travel or not. It appears to happen on visiting any of the offsite mission areas (as well as the pentagon, I tested Manning Zoo and Camp White Oak, with the same results).

The display bug I mentioned previously occurs when I travel BACK to the white house from one of those areas - the ammo looks like it's dropped even further (to 486 in the case of an AR), in the same way, but (presumably because entering the white house restores all lost ammo) the missing ammo 'reappears' once you reload.

• Ubi-Keo

@the_kettle Thanks for the video and information.

I have reported this to the development team to investigate further.

Official Response
  • Adrian-11
    703 posts

@ubi-keo

Similar problem here, the ammo is about half the normal... Not sure when this started, noticed probably a week ago.

• Imagine_Brata
    177 posts

@adrian-11 it started for me with TU10

• Ubi-Keo

@adrian-11 @Imagine_Brata I have also forwarded your account details on to the dev team to help with their investigation.

To confirm can you reproduce the issue the same way as @the_kettle? By fast travelling to offsite locations and joining groups?

The development team have also asked the following:

• Do you experience this issue on any mission difficulty?
    • Do you encounter this behaviour when leaving any classified assignments? As this issue has already been reported previously
    • Do you experience this issue without having any directives enabled?
    Official Response
  • Adrian-11
    703 posts

@ubi-keo

• Do you experience this issue on any mission difficulty? On Heroic and Challenging, didn't try the others.
    • Do you encounter this behaviour when leaving any classified assignments? As this issue has already been reported previously. I haven't played any classified in a while. The problem shows up when fast traveling to any main mission.
    • Do you experience this issue without having any directives enabled? I have no global directives.

My experience is pretty much identical to the video posted by Kettle. When I noticed this 1st time, the ammo was dropping to ~600, after a few days showed ~500, not I see ~400.

• Ubi-Keo

@adrian-11 Thanks for answering those questions for me, I will forward them on to the development team.

@Imagine_Brata @the_Kettle Could you also answer those questions I asked in my post above, thanks.

Official Response
  • the_Kettle

Do you experience this issue on any mission difficulty?

As far as I can tell, yes: changing open world or mission difficulty has no effect.

Do you encounter this behaviour when leaving any classified assignments? As this issue has already been reported previously

I don't have access to them (no Year One pass - it never goes on sale!) so am unable to test.

Do you experience this issue without having any directives enabled?

Yes, I tried turning them all off and the issue remained.

Another minor observation: I just testing it again with less than full ammo reserves and it seems to remove 338 bullets (the same number as from full ammo in my video) from my AR ammo reserves EXCEPT when doing so would drop me below 486 bullets (50% of max). I.E. if I had 487 in my ammo count (none of this is counting the bullets in the gun itself), I would only lose 1 bullet. If I lowered my ammo below 486, it would actually increase to that level upon travelling to the offsite location.

• xcel30
    343 posts
    @ubi-keo Do you experience this issue on any mission difficulty?

I think this has been the case since the game release on all missions in all game modes, just joining and fast travelling that required some kind of loading screen generated this issue (offsite missions such as zoo, summit, pentagon, my guess is that happens whenever you leave your regional servers so including joining other players)

Do you encounter this behaviour when leaving any classified assignments? As this issue has already been reported previously

While i don't remember classified assigments i wouldn't be surprised

Do you experience this issue without having any directives enabled?

Even before directives where a thing this problem already existed, guess game counts as death or has some kind of default value that gives you something like 50% of your total ammo when loading a character somehwere he wasn't before

• Ubi-Keo

@xcel30 @the_Kettle Thanks for answering those questions, I have forwarded your answers onto the development team.

Official Response
  • Imagine_Brata
    177 posts

@ubi-keo It happens completely randomly. and with and without directives

• Ubi-Keo

@imagine_brata Thanks for the video.

Official Response

Suggested Topics