ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TioHerman
    Original poster 2 posts

So it's that time of the month again, DD on the selection of the map and this time it isn't a race, even better, they put the worst map possible where the ai can't even drive properly on it for 10s without killing themselves into the water or by BoT.

It's painfully obvious that in DD all 7 ai target you every single second unless there's a pick-up nearby or there's another player to share the attention , so you can only hit then head-on or in some [censored] impacts that seems to deal no damage at all even with the bulldozer + pure set.

Also what's up with ai INSANELY heavy hits? on this week summit I've been receiving some hits at low speed which magically send me spinning half way across the map, while I hit the ai or another player and they barely even do something or move, bulldozer as a perk itself don't even do anything, it's not even possible to score solo when there's nothing to hit, every time they put those abomination of events I have to ask for help on the discord because it's honestly hopeless every time it shows up.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Anykeyer
    171 posts

I would really like a word with dev at IVT who picked DD and this event in particular.

Are they completely clueless? This arena demonstrates how bad DD coding is, and it was like this since 2018. Game constantly fails to give proper credit for environmental kills, and AI is so dumb it spends half of the time in water. Then there are a lot of issues with damage calculations, you can ram someone very hard and barely get any points for this.
    But perhaps the biggest problem is the fact that you get score for killing your crewmates. They fixed easy way to do it when another player could just self-destruct but normal kills still give you points. And water makes those staged kills very easy. That piece of code that is responsible for giving credit for environmentals is bad for its intended purpose but good enough to give abusers free points for pushing their own crew into water. How cool is that.
    Once again. This exploit exists on all arenas but this arena is by far the worst. Yet <explicit> stupid summit designers put DD event in. Unless this issue is actually fixed DD (except for races with DD cars) should never appear in summits. But I bet no one will ever read this or use it to improve the game.

• guiomarvaska
    1 posts

@tioherman I agree, the DD is a fun concept and might be fun to play against 7 other real players but the AI coding is horrible, they will target you the entire time regardless of if they will die or not. Doing some testing, if you destroy your car at the start and just sit in the spawn box the AI will drive straight towards you into walls and will drive themselves off of the platform and die trying to get to you in your spawn box. How does this make it into the game? it's purely luck based and definitely should not be in the summit until the AI is reworked.

• Anykeyer
    171 posts

Great mode with no issues. Classic Ivory Tower game design at its peak.

Suggested Topics