Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 45 posts

I just did the manhunt mission in the stronghold located in west Potomac where the black tusk should be. But, the outcast is there instead. Anyway, I always do everything in heroic and most missions are fine. Difficult but doable. But, this mission is too difficult to pass like the new york mission where you have to kill keener. I almost killed the guy at one point. Only one more shot and I get killed by his lackies that kept respawning none stop. Why is that? Why make the Ai respawn none stop? How unrealistic and arcade you want to make this game? It felt so ridicules'. This game is made for masochist

I tried it with other players and all it did is bring more enemies in a place where you cant get out and we all died. It was actually easier alone, broken game. I believe it can be done, yes, I almost got it done. But, with limited time in life why do this to a coop game? Why make it harder than going against real players in multiplayer games. Is it your purpose to make us hate the game? I wonder this things cause I can't think of anything else. The design is so horrible that it feels like you want us to hate the game. I am level over 700 and any day now I'm just gonna stop and not recommend this game or future division games. Cause the reward doesn't meet the difficulty. This is not even an mmo where I can play with tons of people. It's just a glorified coop game.

There is no need to make it this difficult and ruin my day. I come home from work to do some dailies and some manhunt how I've always done it, in heroic. Cause the reward system is so atrocious that doing it easier makes no sense. But, the missions are so poorly design that it all felt incredibly easy until the end and the end felt unrealistically difficult. Like the game was broken. Also the building in this game is just bad. You can't even build anything with a specific attribute or talent. You shouldn't care so much about people progressing fast in your little coop game. Its not a multiplayer game. No one cares in the end. Relax with making it difficult. Killing a bot is never as rewarding.

I just can't wait for the new battlefield at this point.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• LateNiteDelight
    339 posts

Bad news, Battlefield got delayed at least a month.

Rest just felt like a rhetorical rant, so I'll just let that lie - though I don't believe the waves at the end of Potomac are endless, unless I've just happened to kill the boss fast enough to not notice.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 45 posts

@latenitedelight No worries waiting is not a problem for me since I'm 44. Waiting is one of the thing you learn as you get older I guess. Anyway, the rant was rhetorical. What happened is not going to change. They never stopped coming. Wave after wave at least in heroic. Don't know how you played it to pass it. Maybe you should do a video of it so we can learn. Cause I don't have the time to try and try and try. I want to see what you did or how the game behaved on your end. Cause I've never seen anything like it. I've seen problems where it's not even multiplying my damage. I've so much stuff happening in this game that I am not sure what happened to me was suppose to happen. I want to know. If I am left alone with any boss I will take him down. But, this was not the case.

• Ms_M3gad3tH
    3 posts

@latenitedelight I do missions with my husband all the time. I saw him do this mission yesterday and it was ridicules. We've never seen anything like it. Same with keener mission in new york. Diifult as hell. More than regular human players. Why make it like that? Anyway, I joined him and we for sure knew we would pass it. It got even harder than when he was doing it on his own. We would've recorded it but we weren't on not passing it. Anyway when someone makes a complain in a forum it had to have happened. No one complains for no reason. But, people like to brag for no reason without anything to back it up. Like some people have told us they have done it in legendary without anything to back it up. . . . Anyway You can see how we play here. Maybe is the gearset we have. But, I doubt it. We have done everything in heroic with same or worst gear. Since what we have has gotten gradually better. Please post a video to learn what in the hell are we doing wrong or if the mission was behaving bad. We do not know. We work all day and we rarely have time to play. Maybe you can show us a faster way.

our youtube channel link is not to promote anything. We do not monetize. We make videos like some families take photos of them self's and post them in Instagram. We just link them to our steam accounts instead. We've been pc gamers since 1998 and we love gaming. So don't get use wrong.

• LateNiteDelight
    339 posts

Most people on this forum skew older, and many of us also have limited gaming time 😎

I wasn't calling y'all out, I just honestly don't recall any part of TD2 having endless waves of enemies. Potomac has more waves than a normal Boss fight, and it's definitely one of the harder Heroic fights - now I'm curious if they are endless.

I've never recorded gameplay in my life, but maybe someone else here can that does regularly. Or maybe I can finally setup Shadow Play and an anonymous YouTube account.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 45 posts

@latenitedelight ok if it the enemies will stop coming Ill continue to fight a little longer before risking it and die. But I saw 5 waves after the enemy came out. Thats unheard of from my experience. But I am glad its not endless. Ill try it again since its our day off.

• the_Kettle
    113 posts

@sr_0v3rk1ll Yeah, I remember struggling my first time on this mission too - IIRC, it's 5 waves (each side at the same time) then once you've destroyed at least one of the fuel tanks you get 2 or 3 more small waves from each side, but entering at a different point from the previous waves (plus a few enemies come from the boat, including a sledgehammer heavy).
    It is definitely possible to speed it up by focusing on the objectives though - there's a mounted gun on each side you can use to bring down the fuel tanks a bit faster, but then you still need to shoot through an annoyingly tough engine hatch on the boat itself before you can blow it up. Any enemies remaining in the area when you blow the boat will stop fighting and make a run for it. Helps if you've got teammates to keep the enemies engaged if you want to do it that way.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 45 posts

@the_kettle good to know. cause it felt like it was never going to end. So I hesitated and died for it. If I knew I would've passed this missions. I will today easy knowing this. We couldn't do it yesterday but today we will for sure. I get so aggravated when I see damage multiplayers not kicking in or small bugs that cause me to die. But, I guess this wasn't a bug. Only bug was my patience's depleting. I do have a bad temper and go crazy for nothing. I lost a lot of friends to do that. Bad temper, sorry for that to all of you.

• alientookmybeer
    16 posts

@latenitedelight There are a very few select mission objectives where I'm convinced I found infinite enemy spawns, including a section of the mission OP mentioned. The ones I remember:

The Hornet Manhunt at Tidal Basin - when you get to to the helipad and need to destroy the 3 choppers (the objective may have been slightly different on this mission but this was the location), if you leave at least 1 chopper then a wave of 3 enemies will continue to pop out on the opposite side of where you entered.

Roosevelt Island Invaded - where you have to plant explosives at the final area, if you continue to hold off on planting all of them I think the spawns are endless.

Maybe also Roosevelt Island with Outcasts if you don't destroy the fuel tanks at the end.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics