ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• deathtocakl
    Original poster 1489 posts

Ever since valks rework years ago. She's pretty much always been right on the cusp of being a very strong character. But she's barely not there. With this in mind I want to throw out 2 simple buffs that would push her into the same A or B tier as most buffed characters this last year.

All soft feint bashes sped up from 500ms to 400ms.

Undodgeble 2nd heavy in chains.

Those two things alone turn her "mixup" into an actual mixup where guesses must be made. Rather than staring at the Valk player until you see orange and dodge attacking.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• S_Demant
    2 posts

@deathtocakl You are absolutely right. She just need small changes to be a solid character. But I disagree with your suggested changes.
    I think her bash is fine, you just need to mix it up.

My idea for changes:
    Valyrie is a character with focus on the third attack, both light (stun), and the spear sweep.
    Also the third heavy should get an ability.
    - Heavy finisher gets undodgeable.
    - Chain Heavy and Heavy finisher 700ms (instead of 800ms)

Spear sweep is a hard move to hit with, so it must be more rewording, and should also be available to use in ganks without hitting your allies.
    - Spear sweep Heavy followup 30 damage (instead of 26 Damage)
    - Spear sweep will no longer unbalance allies.

Her zone is garbage. Should be used to mix up.
    - First attack in zone gets unbreakable.
    - Can mix chain between heavy, light and zone.

Shield tacle is too slow, and can easily be hit while you stepping back, before it activates.
    - Full block stance can be activated between 200ms - 300ms in the backdodge (before between 400 - 500)

With this minor changes, I think Valkyrie will be a good solid pick.

• DarrowsHowlers
    593 posts

@s_demant Ive known Valkrie needs an undodgeable heavy chain finisher for a while now to hit players on dodge attacks and make her sweep viable. But a 30 damage bash isnt right(especially when the alternative is an undodgeable heavy that can be sf to bash and feinted to other moves). They tried with Hito and Gryphon remember. Both of them got the damage nerfed. Her all guard definetely sucks now tho and needs work like you said.

• S_Demant
    2 posts

@darrowshowlers Yes you are right, 30 damage are a little overpower. Maybe her rocovery on Spear sweep miss should be a little faster instead, so it's not so wounable.

• Csodaszarvas_G
    337 posts

Since people refer to Valkyrie as "the queen of mix-ups" a lot, I think it would be a good improvement to make her able to access her already established mix-ups more easily/often. And based on what the devs did with Orochi and will do with Shinobi, I think that she also could use a bit more than minor tweaks.

I made a thread about her possible changes in a upcoming TG, feel free to read it if you would like to.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/101330/valkyrie-tg-suggestions?lang=en-US

• A Former User
    0 posts

She needs forward movement on her GB where after feinting it always whiffs, leaving her vulnerable to a counter GB and such.

• DarrowsHowlers
    593 posts

@s_demant Bashes that do a guarantee a heavy also must contain the risk factor. If it misses it needs to be punished, just like for Gryphon and Hito. If it was an unpunishable bash into heavy, you can see how over powered that would be. When people make ideas to buff a character they need to be careful they dont create another monster as what typically happens in a rework. Risk and reward is important.

• deathtocakl

@nydardoloth you can do forward dodge gb with Valk btw. Just like raider and kensei.

• deathtocakl

Valks sweep is actually in a pretty good place believe it or not.

It's vulnerable to gb after taking a light, with a buffered dodge. But not gb vulnerable from any greater hitstun.

In team fights it's both great for ganking and for target swapping.

The only annoying thing is that you can sweep your allies.

• DarrowsHowlers
    593 posts

@deathtocakl hmm, I was wondering why sometimes I got the gb punish and other times I didnt, thx for the information. But her forward gb is very inconsistent unlike Raiders and Kenseis for some reason.

• A Former User
    0 posts

@deathtocakl by the time you forward Dodge into GB after a feint you are already hit with a light and held hostage within someones 'i win combo' defending.

Some hero's can seamlessly GB after a feint, Valk is one of those hero's who can't if their opponent is just walking backwards the entire time.

So basicilly if you try a mixup where your opponent isn't pushing you end up resetting the battle to neutral by using skill, which will favor the opponent.

• A Former User
    0 posts

Oh, and for the live of God! Give Valk the basic allguard stance!

Having to try and backdodge into allguard fails miserably like everytime, the only time it works is if you arent a target and are just sitting in the corner waiting for someone to switch to you.

Fix it or anything, it's garbage and useless 95% of the time.

• deathtocakl

@nydardoloth her full block is far from useless. it works pretty much the exact same way as conqs and kyoshins. you cannot do it on reaction. you have to do it on prediction.

also her forward dodge gb only adds 100ms to the whole ordeal. doesnt need to be delayed. really isnt that big of a deal

• A Former User
    0 posts
    @nydardoloth her full block is far from useless. it works pretty much the exact same way as conqs and kyoshins. you cannot do it on reaction. you have to do it on prediction.

also her forward dodge gb only adds 100ms to the whole ordeal. doesnt need to be delayed. really isnt that big of a deal

Seriously... you think Valks allguard works the exact same way as conqs and kyoshins? Wow, waaaaaay to discredit yourself into n00b land dufus. Lol.

Backdodge square into allguard is alot different than pushing down on your right stick, I'm done, can't be bother with idioticies.

• deathtocakl

@nydardoloth lol conqs and kyoshins take 300ms to start up. the difference in inputs means literally nothing my guy lol. wanna 1v1?

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • deathtocakl
    This post is deleted!
  • undondory
    877 posts

@deathtocakl And they all said I was crazy but who's the crazy one now, NOW THE PROPHECY HAS BEEN FORFILLED!

• deathtocakl
  • undondory
    877 posts

@deathtocakl Love heart eh? aren't we forward XD

Suggested Topics