Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 1 Likes/6 Replies/732 Views
    JellyOfDeath
    Original poster 2 posts

I just tried running The Division 2 on brand new hardware a few minutes ago, and ran into an interesting problem. Apparently, running iCUE , Mystic Light and the LED lighting services from my Asus mobo makes Easy be not so easy!

Ledkeeper, LightingService and various other bloatgunk processes from the three vendors got flagged as cheating. I tried uninstalling Mystic Light and iCUE, which made everything run smoothly.

Considering that both iCUE and Mystic Light are integrated into the game, Ubisoft might want to crack a few skulls to make Easy support their games.

Hardware specs and a couple of tests that I did:
    Asus TUF Gaming B560M-Plus (Armoury Crate is fine on its own)
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti Gaming X Trio 12G (Mystic Light worked fine on top of Armoury Crate)
    Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro Black 3200MHz (installing iCUE made every warning klaxon go off, blaming me of cheating, when all I wanted was pretty lights)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@jellyofdeath

I stay away from any useless stuff like this that would only bloat my system with additional software "required". It's one of my buying criteria.
    If I can't get around it, I prefer to turn if off from low level software (bios) and forget about it.
    Lighting wise, all I need is an illuminated kb, one color, static (no circus lights).
    ... and I actively avoid all those software pieces you enumerated. They only create additional issues, and they have no real utility.

• JellyOfDeath
    Original poster 2 posts

@adrian-11 I usually do the same, but wanted to see what it would look like with everything turned on.

Turns out that it looks like a Windows error box doing a Gandalf impression ("YOU SHALL NOT PASS!").

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1205 posts

@jellyofdeath Thanks for reporting this to us. Do you have any other games that use Easy Anti Cheat? If so, can you see if it happens there too?

If you don't have any others, I would still suggest raising it to them too, as if it happens with The Division 2, it may be likely to happen with other games that use EAC, so it's something that they would need to know about.

Official Response
  • Imagine_Brata
    229 posts

@ubi-froggard it happens when Lightning software or other programs use unsigned drivers. if the developers sign their drivers it works again with Easy anti cheat

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1205 posts

@imagine_brata Ah right, I see. Thanks for the additional info 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics