ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• N3wF4c31nH3ll
    4 posts

For resources i prefer to farm the orange crates hanging in the trees and locked faction boxes. It's not unusual to get 100 pieces at a time from faction boxes.

• Adrian-11
    862 posts

I had a similar feeling / complaint before SHD 1000... I was flush will all other resources, always VERY short on SHD Optimization points.

Past SHD 1000, the other resources can't keep up with the incoming SHD Optimization. At this particular point in time, they come fast, from the season multiple events and from normal progression.
    Now I'm short on Field Recon (I think that's the name of the little flag symbol). I guess I have to go for Landmarks as the fastest way to farm those (as Sock_Monkey burger chef does).
    Re. materials, Solar Farm and deconstructing gearsets, in addition to picking up everything I find.

• the_Kettle
    210 posts
    As it stands, if I farm the Solar Farm area every day, which is tedious and boring as hell (so I don’t do it that often) I have enough resources to craft 5 SHD about every week.

As mentioned, the three resources needed for crafting the SHD Calibration bundles can all be obtained by deconstructing green (gear set) items, so farming for those can be a more varied approach (especially if there's an open world area with one of the gearsets as targeted loot).

On the whole though, I see farming directly for items as the primary way to get what you need for builds, with optimisation only to 'polish up' near-perfect items, and as a backup for when extensive farming has failed to produce a better item. It's definitely not worth optimising every piece of every half-baked build idea that occurs, save it for the builds that you keep on running over the course of months.

(It should be mentioned I'm one of those gamers with a quite a lot of spare time to put into this, and I find putting builds together to be one of the goals that keep me playing the game, without which I'd be struggling to find things to do in the game, so I prefer when it takes longer.)

• Virtual-Chris
    798 posts

@the_kettle … farming for better rolled items might work work on Heroic, but it’s a lost cause on Challenging which is what I play (can’t stand the sponge on Heroic). The rolls on Challenging drops range from pitiful to mediocre with maybe one max rolled item in a thousand (and likely something you don’t need). Fortunately, on Challenging I don’t need every attribute maxed to enjoy. 😉

• Virtual-Chris
    798 posts

@latenitedelight … LOL, I often get sucked into the looting and grind… it’s addicting. I need to constantly reset and extract myself from it and just focus on playing. It is a bit frustrating though, being a GR fan, playing this game. I still can’t stand the sponge of Heroic which is where the better rolled loot is. And what’s keeping me engaged right now is trying new builds, but doing that with half-arsed rolled gear is frustrating. The loot system is not designed for me.

• Adrian-11
    862 posts

@virtual-chris

I said it before, and you will hate me for saying it again... 😁

There are two ways to get/farm for better gear:

1. The long, slow grind for resources to optimize what you get on Challenging, SOLO
    2. Very fast, raining loot, on higher difficulty and directives on loot targeted missions or areas, in a GROUP

I know you prefer solo, and probably not enjoying much a group, but man, beats the drag of solo looking for resources by miles when comes down to fun farming. Group play cannot be worse than what you do now for resources and better gear.
    There is also the high chance players will share with you good pieces, on top of better and much more loot. Also, leveling up is faster.
    Just be honest, tell them what you look for, and don't rush forward to die. Most players are happy to help.

You can very well do it just for what you need or want, and go back to solo after, nobody will get upset.

• Sock_Monkey
    447 posts

@x0nemanarmyx They dropped the "cost" by something close to 75% a few TUs ago. Upon launch of the Optimization feature it was so insanely "expensive" I pretty much ignored it..

• fs_slacker
    27 posts

For me, it seems like a good balance. SHD 2000+ and still enjoying tinkering with new builds or experimenting with tweaks to builds I have. I don't optimize until I'm sure it's a piece I am ready to max out or if I want to be able to switch the core from Weapon damage to Armor. I think Optimization is a nice back-burner type activity to have and I don't think too much about it. A few percentage points don't really make or break a build for me.

• LateNiteDelight
    971 posts

@virtual-chris it helps to try playing with as many directives as you can. Some limit your builds [Pistolero], some are broken [that armor one where you lose bars] - but having some enabled really speeds up your leveling. Caches also seem to have better quality drops than open world on challenging. Could also consider joining a clan for the weekly cache and access to a better vendor.

I definitely got sucked into the Loot at times.. I think we all do/did.. some just can't pull their heads up from time to time..

• x0NEMANARMYx
    Original poster 16 posts

@sock_monkey Yes I do remember. During pts everyone mentioned this. The devs went on state of the game and said they think its fine. Then the next patch they fixed it. I am fine with the amount that is required. Just want to be able to grind a bit faster for the resources. Or give us many more options to grind for them.

• Sock_Monkey
    447 posts

@x0nemanarmyx The DZ my friend. You level up crazy fast and get multiple tactical assessments on every landmark clear.

About the only thing it doesn't help much with are the faction-specific assessments. That's what I usually end up being short, then have to craft bundles of them using other resources.

• Virtual-Chris
    798 posts
    @virtual-chris it helps to try playing with as many directives as you can. Some limit your builds [Pistolero], some are broken [that armor one where you lose bars] - but having some enabled really speeds up your leveling. Caches also seem to have better quality drops than open world on challenging. Could also consider joining a clan for the weekly cache and access to a better vendor.

I definitely got sucked into the Loot at times.. I think we all do/did.. some just can't pull their heads up from time to time..

I was running the mini map and armor refresh directives for awhile, but for some reason the armor refresh directive is no longer an option in the open world… only the summit. Strange.

And you’re right, most of my best gear has come from caches or other rewards… rarely is dropped loot any good, and gear from loot crates in the world is usually purple - not even worth a button press. 🙂

I belong to a random clan I picked some time back, which does help… better than nothing.

And @Adrian-11 I may try group play one day, but I prefer solo a d being grumpy about loot 🙂

• V4MPiR1
    207 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • V4MPiR1
    207 posts

@virtual-chris

I was running the mini map and armor refresh directives for awhile, but for some reason the armor refresh directive is no longer an option in the open world… only the summit. Strange.

They rotate available open world directives with each 'season'.

• Virtual-Chris
    798 posts

I tried playing on Heroic this afternoon. The gear roles were noticeably better but not enough to make me endure the bullet sponge. It’s so bad… having to mag dump someone in the face just makes me cringe. Can’t do it! I’d rather forget about loot and enjoy some remote semblance of realism 🙂

ps. I was farming NY open world bosses for Lady Death but it never dropped. Will I have better luck with targeted loot for SMGs?

• LateNiteDelight
    971 posts

@virtual-chris that one eluded me forever. Finally got it by the clock tower where that Hunter is, after some 20 or 30 bosses.

Not sure if target loot helps for LD

• Noxious81
    770 posts
    Amounts currently required are fine for the intended purpose, (...).

Exactly this. You just have to know what the intended purpose is: Optimization is an endgame feature for very advanced agents who already have gear that is close to perfect. And instead of farming infinite hours for gear that's actually perfect, Optimization offers a way to in the end have a perfect item – guaranteed.

Optimization is not meant for trying to maximize each and every mediocre piece of gear. As long as one still has gear that sits at 60% or 75% or 85% overall quality, simply farming for a better item will and should always be the better idea. Additionally, Optimization is not meant for low level agents (i. e. agents that have not yet played and farmed very much). Especially as optimized gear is really not needed for any content in the game. It still mainly is something to strive for for agents that basically have completed anything else the game has to offer.

Just remember that step 1 for having perfect gear is always farming gear that's already close to perfect. Then recalibrate one attribute to eventually be able to optimize only one attribute. Which also at best should already be a rather high roll.

• Ken_Koerperich
    68 posts
    @virtual-chris

There are two ways to get/farm for better gear:
    1. The long, slow grind for resources to optimize what you get on Challenging, SOLO
    2. Very fast, raining loot, on higher difficulty and directives on loot targeted missions or areas, in a GROUP

Alll fine and dandy IF you play during times when others are online....

Try playing during my time.....Zip/Zilch/Nada f'n person is on.....

0600 - 0900

You know many don't work the "NORM" hours.....

So we end up on the s---ty end of the stick for grouping, which is NON EXISTANT....

So tell us again how to optimize efficiently????

Whole reason why I quit.

2 Builds only that are viable in high content....

Cruddy drops 99% of the time....

Optimizing is to expensive....

• Noxious81
    770 posts
    (...) You know many don't work the "NORM" hours.....

Yep, and some people can't play during the "norm" hours because they have family or a job or other "norm" hours or live in a different time zone. There are lots of excuses, but there are also a lot of ways how to obtain good gear. Even without a group.

(...) So tell us again how to optimize efficiently????

This has already been explained many times in this threads. But the best way to optimize efficiently is to understand how Optimization is meant to be used: for optimizing gear that's really close to being perfect. Optimization materials are only well spent on such items – when trying to optimize "ok'ish" items, you will only waste resources.

(...) 2 Builds only that are viable in high content....

Oh there are many many more. In case you only enjoy two builds – that's fine. But generally there are tons of builds that are viable on heroic difficulty. And challenging difficulty is so easy, that you do not need a build at all.

And again: Even the hardest content in TD2, Raids and legendary content, do not require optimized gear.

(...) Optimizing is to expensive....

It's only too expensive when you're using it the wrong way.

• Ken_Koerperich
    68 posts

@noxious81

THAT is your opinion.

Tells me you PLAY WAY TO MUCH....

Toodles!

Suggested Topics