Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DutchLMB4ever
    Original poster 89 posts

Make Legendary bosses drop their own (TA) Tactical Assessments.
    So we don't get Black Tusk TA anymore.
    Instead we get:
    Legendary Tactical Assessments.
    These Legendary TA count for every Faction.
    So if we are short on/out of Cleaner TA, the Legendary TA fills in the rest/acts as Cleaner TA.

(A way better solution would be to give us Legendary enemy's of all factions, but I just don't see that happening).

The reason I ask for this is.
    There are players (like me) that only play Legendary missions because everything else is too easy/boring.
    And we are always full with Black Tusk TA
    We just can't use them anymore.
    But we still have other stuff that can use some optimising so...
    We might be a small group in the community but if this could be sent to the team at least, we would really appreciate it.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    506 posts

No, there are already too many optimization currencies, we don't need more. Increasing the amount you can hold of each currency would be a better idea.

• DutchLMB4ever
    Original poster 89 posts

@dagrommit
    I wouldn't mind a higher cap on all materials, I even made a topic about it on the old forum.
    But that wouldn't fix the problem I mentioned.
    The problem here is
    Because we only play Legendary missions, we only get Black Tusk TA to optimize items.
    (Can only optimize two items per faction and one of Black Tusk is Pistol's.)

We are full because every item that needs Black Tusk TA, is already optimized.
    So increasing the cap would only mean we get more Black Tusk TA that we already couldn't spend anymore.
    Because we already optimized the stuff that needs Black Tusk TA. Lol

• dagrommit
    506 posts

@dutchlmb4ever adding another currency is just a band-aid as you will complain when you're full up on that. Increasing the cap on existing currencies benefits everyone, regardless of what they're playing.

• DutchLMB4ever
    Original poster 89 posts

@dagrommit
    The moment we would complain that we are full on "Legendary TA" is the moment we would have optimized everything we have.

Legendary Tactical Assessments
    would count for all factions.
    You can optimize stuff that needs:
    - Cleaner's Tactical Assessments
    - Rikers Tactical Assessments
    - Hyena's Tactical Assessments
    - True son's Tactical Assessments
    - Outcast's Tactical Assessments
    - Black Tusk Tactical Assessments

You just can't admit that you are wrong I guess?
    It helps everyone u say?
    How would it help players that only do legendary missions?
    - They only get Black Tusk TA.
    - They already can't spend the Black Tusk TA anymore because they optimized all their chests & pistols. (Which are the only 2 items you can optimize with Black Tusk TA)
    - If Tactical Assessments go from 250 to 500?
    - They will eventually have 500 Black Tusk TA that they still can't spend.
    - And the 5 other faction TA would still be basically nothing because they only get Black Tusk TA.

How else can i explain it
    Even if the cap goes to 50.000 it wouldn't help the players that only get 1 out of 6 Assessments.
    Again we only get the Black Tusk Assessments.
    Not from Cleaner's
    Not from Riker's
    Not from Hyena's
    Not from True son's
    Not from Outcast's
    Are you still with me? Yes?
    If the cap goes to 500/1000/50.000 we still wouldn't get Tactical Assessments from:
    Cleaner's
    Riker's
    Hyena's
    True son's
    Outcast's
    That means we could have 50K Black Tusk TA that we still can't spend.
    Because we already optimized all chests and pistols when the cap was 250.

• dagrommit
    506 posts
    You just can't admit that you are wrong I guess?

You might want to look in the mirror. Adding another currency only benefits people who run legendaries, and nobody else. Increasing the cap for all currencies benefits everyone who is tired of playing the same three missions and summit (i.e. the majority of the player base). It would also give people incentives to play a wider variety of content, and would take longer before they hit all of the caps.

Plus, there is already a currency that can be converted into other currencies - SHD points, which you still earn playing legendary, in addition to the marginally better loot.

And for the record, I have long said that the faction assessments shouldn't exist, but short of deleting them, increasing the caps would be better.

• dagrommit
    506 posts

Addendum - while it would still only benefit people playing legendaries, a simpler alternative would be to drop a random faction assessment instead of BT, similar to what happens when you eliminate rogue agent NPC's.

My preferred option remains removing faction assessments though.

• DutchLMB4ever
    Original poster 89 posts

@dagrommit
    That it would only benefit people that run legendaries is a good thing IMO.
    There should be something unique to be farmed in legendaries. Why not that?
    What else is the benefit for doing legendaries now?
    Only harder hitting enemies. (More challenge)
    And slightly better loot, but in my experience same loot as heroic.

Increasing the cap still forces players to play content below their level.
    So people that like challenge must do less challenging content.
    What a benefit indeed.

And even if every mission gets a legendary mode. People still wanna know which faction they get TA from so they know which mission(s) to farm.
    That random drop like rogue agents isn't a good farm solution.
    It would still be a 1 out of 6 gamble.

Deleting the whole faction stuff is a way better idea.
    But I don't think they are gonna do that, because then they made it for nothing.

What would be the best idea is to have Legendary versions of every faction.
    That way we can just farm whatever faction invaded the Legendary missions (that day).
    But 1 more currency is easier to put in the game then 5 more Legendary factions I think.

I prefer that they put in more work and give us Legendary versions of every faction.
    That change per day or even every couple hours.
    And if the currency/legendary versions is just impossible to develop, then I'm with you on deleting the whole faction thing.

• dagrommit
    506 posts
    What else is the benefit for doing legendaries now?

You're still earning SHD points and getting supposedly better loot, theoretically reducing the need for optimization resources. I don't happen to think that is worth the effort, but it's still a benefit.

Ultimately, your original proposal is just trying to fix a "problem" of your own making - i.e. that you're playing a very narrow selection of content. The variety of optimization materials are intended to encourage people to play all sorts of content.

That there is insufficient content "at your level" is also a problem, but it's one that will hopefully be addressed with whatever is coming.

• DutchLMB4ever
    Original poster 89 posts

@dagrommit
    You also earn SHD points in story mode as long as you level up.
    It's not a benefit of the legendary content.

Let me ask you this:
    Why does it have to be for everyone?
    everyone else already have the whole map.
    (They are not missing out, because they already get rewards from all factions)
    Legendary runners have 3 missions with 1 reward from all 6 factions.
    Why can't the Legendary runners get a reward so they can upgrade everything instead of only chests & pistols tell me this?

Anyway yes I am trying to fix the problem here.
    (And you try to block it for unknown reasons)
    And it's not a problem of our own making.
    There should be enough content for the "elite player base" in the first place.
    (Even more content instead of WAY less.)
    But the content is not even the problem right now.
    It's that 1 reward you get for doing the content and missing out on 5 other rewards "for being an elite player".

If you play Heroic all the time because challenging is already way too easy.
    Would you wanna farm in story mode then?
    (Where you also get less rewards so you have to farm that low content even more then you normally already do in heroic?)
    No right?

We aren't gonna agree on the simple Legendary TA solution, so I just hope that the devs think it's a good idea, and implement it for us (Legendary runners).

Edit: this last bit shouldn't be here but it sounds about right so I keep it here.

Heroic mode just feels like story mode without checkpoints.
    So we do Legendary content instead.
    But then the game basically says: F you "for being an elite player", you only get 3 missions have fun.

• dagrommit
    506 posts
    Why can't the Legendary runners get a reward so they can upgrade everything instead of only chests & pistols tell me this?

They do - slightly better loot and faster accumulation of SHD levels than those who do easier content. As noted, the system is designed to incentivize playing a variety of content, if only to avoid people getting completely burned out on one activity (e.g. Lexington in Div 1).

Anyway yes I am trying to fix the problem here.(And you try to block it for unknown reasons)

You're trying to fix a "problem" that only applies to a small number of people. People who are capable of playing legendary content already, which means you don't actually need god-rolled gear.

And yes, I am thinking of the entire player base. Why? Because development hours are limited, and spending them on a niche issue is not a wise choice. Especially when the proposed band-aid doesn't address the primary issue - a lack of playable content in general.

• DutchLMB4ever
    Original poster 89 posts

@dagrommit with only getting Black Tusk TA I say they don't get the right rewards.

With 3 missions people also get burned out.
    But more legendaries don't fix THIS problem.
    If every mission gets legendary we still only get Black Tusk......................etc.

It's a small group, because there is no reason to keep playing Legendaries.
    Which I try to change.
    By suggesting a good reward for "elite players".
    100% godroll per drop isn't gonna happen.
    A good reward would be what I suggested.
    So other (new) players would have a goal to also become an "elite player".
    Because of that, the small group becomes bigger and bigger.
    And therefore it would eventually become for the entire/most player base. (Like what you want)

As if everyone wants to stay at normal mode.
    You collect items to go higher in level right?
    From Story to Normal, Normal to Hard.
    Hard to Challenging, Challenging to Heroic.
    and eventually Heroic to Legendary.
    And the moment you make it to Legendary, there should be a reason to stay there.
    Right now there isn't,unless you like the challenge.
    Now I only see comments saying:
    - I only did the Legendaries for the outfit.
    - And/Or I only did them for the Bighorn.
    - Farmed Legendaries for a week, loot isn't special.
    - No reason to keep doing it, it's the same as invaded heroic's, only it has enemies 1 shotting me.
    (That last one I've also seen multiple times on this forum, and people similar like you replying with:
    You can't get 1 shot as long as your on full health. (Just to be a wise guy, knowing exactly what that person meant with it lol) )

• dagrommit
    506 posts
    If every mission gets legendary we still only get Black Tusk......................etc.

Hence, I suggested dropping a random faction assessment instead, the same way rogue NPC's do.

It's a small group, because there is no reason to keep playing Legendaries.
    Which I try to change.

It's a nice theory, but adding yet another currency that serves no unique purpose is not going to do it either IMO.

You collect items to go higher in level right?

You might, but I suspect a lot of people do so to experiment with different playstyles and feel powerful - i.e. use god-rolled gear in heroic or challenging content. I also suspect few solo players bother with legendary at all, other than to group up once to get the outfit.

• DutchLMB4ever
    Original poster 89 posts

@dagrommit
    That random drop could only work in Legendary Summit where you normally get random factions anyway.
    But if it's a random drop in missions people still can't farm it. (You get 1 out of 6 factions)
    *If you need Rikers TA but the first 20 Legendaries you get drops from the other 5 factions....exactly.*
    Random drop is not a solution.
    A currency that counts for all is the best solution.
    Especially as a reward for completing the hardest content.

Everyone needs those 6 currencies.
    If there is 1 that counts for all 6.
    And which let's you optimize any item.
    That's pretty unique to me.
    And again a good reward for doing the hardest content.
    - People that like a challenge, can then upgrade all their gear without going to lower content.
    - People that just want some currency in case they are out of Riker/Cleaner TA.
    And/Or are sick of doing the (only) 2 Riker/Cleaner missions, can get it to.
    (Or people that are just sick of doing any faction missions.)

• dagrommit
    506 posts
    *If you need Rikers TA but the first 20 Legendaries you get drops from the other 5 factions....exactly.*

Then go play Rikers content. The system is designed so you know exactly what to play to get each currency - you just choose not to.

A currency that counts for all is the best solution.

We went over this already - it's a band-aid that only benefits your situation, and only for as long as you haven't hit that particular cap.

Especially as a reward for completing the hardest content.

You're just repeating yourself again. The XP is double for legendary vs heroic, which means faster SHD levels. There is also slightly better loot, in addition to the (presumably) enjoyment you get out of the challenge.

Everyone needs those 6 currencies.
    If there is 1 that counts for all 6.

There already is - SHD levels, which can be converted to multiple currencies. Similarly, faction assessments can be crafted.

And/Or are sick of doing the (only) 2 Riker/Cleaner missions, can get it to.

Missions are not the only way to get faction assessments.

As we're going in circles, I'm done. You want even more rewards for playing legendary content, while I've laid out why the proposed solution (i.e. introducing a redundant currency) is a bad idea.

• DutchLMB4ever
    Original poster 89 posts

@dagrommit
    'Then go play Rikers content'

Story mode without checkpoints lol.
    My whole point was to avoid that for the elite player base.
    We don't wanna do it because its boring.
    (If you are one of them solo players that hate legendaries no matter what, just say that.
    That's no problem lol)
    -----------------------------------
    'Your situation, as long as you don't hit that particular cap'

Not true it benefits every elite player and encourages even more players to become an elite player.
    Because others would want that benefit as well.
    And you would only get to the cap if you have optimized everything you wanted to optimize so that's not true lmfao!!!
    'Repeating yourself again, double xp, SHD levels'

I'm repeating myself because you don't wanna admit you're wrong.
    Xp is double, loot 1% better.
    but still no solution on the Black Tusk TA.
    You can't exchange SHD points for Tactical Assessments.
    So also not true just stop lol.
    'Can be crafted'

It is A solution (for normal farmers)
    But still not a solution for Black Tusk being the only reward in legendary. -_-
    'Going in circles, more rewards, laid out why'

We go in circles because you want to be right which you aren't. 😉
    I dont aks for more rewards
    I ask for a better fitting reward.
    *Also not on top of the current reward either*
    I don't ask for 5x the XP.
    I don't ask for godrolled drop on every item.

Yes you laid out that YOU don't benefit from it because you choose to play solo and hate legendary because you can't do them solo.
    Or else it wouldn't be a such a problem for you.

Good I was already done after the OG post.
    Only you came in to win a discussion but failed.
    Maybe we can agree on a different topic.
    Later.

• dagrommit
    506 posts
    We go in circles because you want to be right which you aren't. 😉

No, you just repeat the same points in every post. Hence I will address what's new:

'Then go play Rikers content'
    Story mode without checkpoints lol.

Aside from missions, heroic bounties drop tactical assessments. Apply all directives if you're so elite that they're boring. Run non-recalibrated gear if you want to up the challenge.

You can't exchange SHD points for Tactical Assessments.

Step 1 - craft currencies

Step 2 - use currencies to craft tactical assessment

• DutchLMB4ever
    Original poster 89 posts

@dagrommit
    'I'm done'
    I guess your not done after all lol.

'Repeat the same points, adress what's new'
    you can add as much new things as you want if it doesnt fix the problem I keep saying what it doesn't fix which I should.

'Run non calibrated gear'
    We even did it with purple gear. Now what?
    BUT the whole point is that we get a better TA reward so we can optimize the rest of our stuff.
    !!!!Repeat alert!!!!
    Not a solution on a better fitting reward for doing legendary.

'Step 1'
    Look at your own screenshot.
    Where do you see Tactical Assessments itself?
    Step 2
    Point was you can't exchange SHD points into any TA.
    Step 3 !!!!repeat alert!!!!
    Doesn't fix that we only get Black Tusk TA for legendaries.

Bye bye

• dagrommit
    506 posts
    @dagrommit
    'I'm done'
    I guess your not done after all lol.

I'm done responding to the same old points being repeated✋

'Step 1'
    Look at your own screenshot.
    Where do you see Tactical Assessments itself?
    Step 2
    Point was you can't exchange SHD points into any TA.

Per the original comment: "SHD levels, which can be converted to multiple currencies". Kinda surprised that you didn't realize those currencies can be turned into tactical assessments TBH.

• DutchLMB4ever
    Original poster 89 posts

@dagrommit everyone that optimizes knows you can craft Tactical Assessments.
    Don't act like you won because you didn't. Lol
    We both learned something here.
    You know facts about coding and programming And learned that you can't think for yourself without them.

I learned something about you but that was already before the new forum.
    'I learned that: You are like that guy in the bar from Good Will Hunting that bullies Ben Affleck with facts.
    And a little from Matt Damon's character because you know it all but never experienced it. Lol'

Now bye or more??
    Have fun playing in challenge world tier btw!

Suggested Topics