ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hundreAd1800
    Original poster 132 posts

never got those quests, become aware of their existence only after seeing posts regarding them
    jenny aka theodore never appeared in dialogs
    i built the skyline tower, but got no events during construction, nor bonus, nor any time limits
    an old savegame from v9 worked fine
    from what i see in the xml, it's a problem with 135710, which is the entry point into the whole events chain

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2252 posts

Thanks for reaching out about this, @hundread1800 - I understand these quests did not trigger when building the skyline tower, which is most unfortunate.

When you loaded an old save, the quests triggered as expected, is that correct? And have you now been able to progress and finish the questline?

Do you still have a save file where the quest wouldn't trigger? This would be most useful for investigating the issue, so let me know if you do, and I'll let the team know it's available if needed.

I really appreciate you letting us know about this, and I'll look out for your response 🙂

Official Response
  • hundreAd1800
    When you loaded an old save, the quests triggered as expected, is that correct?

not exactly, the old save was from previous v9 game which was upgraded to v12. that is in no way the same game (i started a new game on v12). if i re-load saves belonging to my current game it does not trigger.

And have you now been able to progress and finish the questline?

in the old originally-v9 game, yes
    in the new game i finally managed to write a mod to start quest 136402 and play that to completion

Do you still have a save file where the quest wouldn't trigger? This would be most useful for investigating the issue, so let me know if you do, and I'll let the team know it's available if needed.

i have gone back to way before i had the skyline tower unlocked, and progressed to that point of unlocking -- hoping that will help; it didn't.
    i don't seem to be able to attach a file however? there's no attach option...

EDIT: i went much backwards and managed to find the point the furniture store unlocked, and i THINK what might have happened is that i got the quest to build the r&d, but immediately i also got the quest to upgrade to level 2 skyscrapers, and then i also got the panorama quest and messages... and i was listening to donny's voice but wasn't paying attention to the gui as my attention was on other parts of the screen... and by the time i upgraded the skyscrapers and got the panorama done the quest has simply timeout-ed without me noticing (i don't remember the failure message, but that might have gotten lost in all the panorama success messages)

• hundreAd1800

300 second edit elapse... so...

EDIT:
    i went much backwards and managed to find the point the furniture store unlocked, managed to properly progress the r&d quest line.
    i don't know what went wrong originally, but having re-played that part several times just now, i THINK what might have happened is that i got the quest to build the r&d, but immediately i also got the quest to upgrade to level 2 skyscrapers, and then i also got the panorama quest and messages... and i was listening to donny's voice but wasn't paying attention to the upper-right-gui as my attention was on other parts of the screen... and by the time i upgraded the skyscrapers and got the panorama done the quest has simply timeout-ed without me noticing (i don't remember the failure message, but that might have gotten lost in all the panorama success messages)
    as i understand, the r&d quest it what triggers the build-skyline quest, so since no r&d... unless the skyline quest should trigger regardless? in which case it doesn't seem to (i let the game run a bit after deliberately declining r&d and got nothing further)

• hundreAd1800

but there's still a bug: regardless of why 136402 (=skyline quest) didn't trigger, when building the skyline tower i got donny telling me to build quickly (which was in a way fortunate, as when i got no reward it prompted me to look into why)
    basically, the donny speech should be tied to 136402 and not trigger otherwise

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2313 posts

Thank you for the update friend and letting us know the Skyline Tower quest does not trigger for you yet.

As you are using the updated version of the game, I would recommend switching off any mods you may still have active, till we can resolve this quest line for you.

The Skyline Tower monument should be buildable in four stages >
    Foundations (preparation)
    Foundations (construction)
    Superstructure
    Glazing

Could you please tell me the exact name of the last DLC campaign mission you completed in the High Life DLC?

Official Response
  • SmokedRWA
    7 posts

@ubi-milky

I encountered the same issue. I just completed the Skyline Tower and had no quests during the entirety of its construction. As far as I can remember, I hadn't received a High Life DLC quest since the one that asked you to upgrade to a certain number of (level 1?) skyscrapers. I do not remember the exact name of the quest.

Just a follow up after bringing this to r/anno as well, I think the issue stemmed from missing one of the timed acceptance quests for one of the Shopping Arcades (department store maybe). Apparently failing anything will break all future quests. Happen to have any knowledge to if this is being looked into? With this all being late game and the time investment involved, it really sucks the will to keep playing.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1501 posts

Hey guys, appreciate all of your input regarding the matter so far and sharing all of your findings @hundreAd1800 @SmokedRWA!

Does either of you possibly happen to have a save file handy? This will be extremely beneficial when in attempts to reproduce the issue on our side. If you do have one, you can use any file sharing website and then drop the link in the thread for us to look into.

Let us know!

Official Response
  • SmokedRWA
    7 posts

@ubi-karl

I can get one for you when I'm back home (several hours from now). Is there a particular save point you would like? I can provide files for before (several weeks back if need be) and/or after the Tower's construction.

• SmokedRWA
    7 posts

@ubi-karl

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OsiWTROgbvXxxekuVRKMABCWkBUcb0JH?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OsiWTROgbvXxxekuVRKMABCWkBUcb0JH?usp=sharing)

Here are two save files. The 2203 file is just after completion and 2184 is just before construction.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 674 posts

@smokedrwa Awesome, thanks!

I've gone ahead and reported this issue to the team. If I receive any updates, I will update this thread with further information.

Please let us know if you run into any other issues!

Official Response
  • SmokedRWA
    7 posts

@hundread1800

mind sharing the mod you wrote to start this event?

• hundreAd1800

@smokedrwa
    notes:

1. this does not trigger the entire quest chain, just the skyline tower part (so you might want to mod item GUID 136203 from a npc)
    2. no problem if the skyline tower is already build (you'd obviously need to demolish then re-build it)
    3. this will trigger the quest immediately, ALWAYS (once the skyline tower has been unlocked) -- so be sure to disable it when no longer required

spoiler

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 855 posts

Hey @hundread1800,

Thank you for sharing this to help SmokedRWA.

Although we advise against using mods as we are unable to provide support for modded content it is great to hear this has helped you.

Many thanks,

Official Response
  • SmokedRWA
    7 posts

@hundread1800 Thank you for this! I actually have a follow-up for this: what I want to do is try to restart the entire quest chain. Do you know if this is possible? I've been working with some folks over on the Anno mod discord channel, but we aren't terribly familiar working with quests (I'm a complete novice, so they've been fairly patient explaining things to me). CarRamrod on discord if you're interested.

• hundreAd1800

@smokedrwa
    have not been able to achieve that, alas (otherwise i would have done that instead)
    but what i posted will enable you to get the bonus for the tower
    other than that, you only miss out on GUID 136203, which you can mod to get from a npc seller

• SmokedRWA
    7 posts

@hundread1800
    Ah, gotcha. Just to clarify, by bonus from the tower do you mean the achievement? Does what you wrote also kick off all of the various safety quests that occur during construction?

• hundreAd1800

@smokedrwa
    bonus = you get a buff for the tower, depending on how quickly you complete it (if memory serves... something like that anyhow)
    the trigger will give you all the events related to building the tower (full quest)

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2298 posts

@hundread1800 Thank you for sharing this insight. It is greatly appreciated.

Official Response

Suggested Topics