ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Meta-Drengr
    Original poster 10 posts

I don't think this needs to be said, but here's what's been confusing me, why the hell does he not have hyper armour? Lawbringer has two layers of armour, has a polearm and is probably the largest character in the game. Seriously devs, bring law some love.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• IlluminatiEyes
    1687 posts

@meta-drengr
    I already sad once.. it was more logical the Knights have HA because of their steel plate armour.
    The vikings were the bashing ones because of their ferocity...

Somehow, this was mixed up at the start.. 😄

• deathtocakl
    1482 posts

Remember that balance comes before realism.

If we unironically buffed characters based off realism, Lawbringer would be SS tier.

It would be acceptable to have hyper armor on his mid chain heavies and top heavy finisher if you ask me though.

• Meta-Drengr
    Original poster 10 posts

@deathtocakl So is raider op? I think Law should have HA, even it means that he becomes SS tier as a consequence.

• IlluminatiEyes
    1687 posts

@deathtocakl
    Lawbringer is a char like warlord... They re not S tier...but easily can reach SS with just a small buff... You re right.
    They are 2 char with a real good Health pool..
    It is needed some atention at small details...i think...

• deathtocakl
    1482 posts

@meta-drengr I said balance comes BEFORE realism. Implying that just because he has armor, doesn't mean he needs hyper armor.

Not saying he doesn't need buffs.

But you shouldn't change things to conform to realism at this point in the game life.

• Meta-Drengr
    Original poster 10 posts

@deathtocakl He still needs HA as a buff, but how much is necessary is up to the dev team's discretion.

• deathtocakl
    1482 posts

@meta-drengr more important than hyper armor is a faster forward dodge bash and a light light heavy chain. hyper armor is more like a quality of life thing. its definitely not gonna be on his finisher heavies unless its top only

• Meta-Drengr
    Original poster 10 posts

@deathtocakl you could probably do the inverse of that and it would be the same or better.

• Csodaszarvas_G
    326 posts

Speeding up Shove and giving him a L + L + H chain is a must. If you start your chain with a light attack your only option to continue is a heavy which either gets blocked or parried, and if you go for the feint into GB most of the players juts simply counter it because a simple heavy don't forces out a reaction.

Its' quite interesting. What I noticed is that the OS removal benefited but also hurt LB. I used to feint a lot of unblockables and look for the OS, parry it and punish it. And since LB is so reliant on parries, this method was my main source of damage. I can't do this anymore (at least not so often). On the other hand it feels good that my unblockables "get the respect they deserve".

When it comes to HA, I would like to have it on the top heavy finisher. It would be nice to trade damage with the most threatening move in LB's kit.

Other necessary changes should include a role-catcher/peeling tool which is also a chain starter, plus make his zone a chain tarter as well. Chain options are light attack, heavy attack and Shove, so he has some options to use and work with.

• IlluminatiEyes
    1687 posts

@deathtocakl
    Agreed. I think your idea brings the best benefics to lawbringer. More sequence flow

• Meta-Drengr
    Original poster 10 posts

@csodaszarvas_g I think that would definitely be a good start

• geberelo
    154 posts
    Remember that balance comes before realism.

If we unironically buffed characters based off realism, Lawbringer would be SS tier.

It would be acceptable to have hyper armor on his mid chain heavies and top heavy finisher if you ask me though.

dude people will buy this game because of realism.
    i don't think people would like to see a samurai killing 10 vikings easily.

• deathtocakl
    1482 posts

@geberelo you just contradicted yourself.

• geberelo
    154 posts
    @geberelo you just contradicted yourself.

not at all...
    i agree that balance is needed but that should be realistic to be good enough if there is a historical realism categories on the game.

• deathtocakl
    1482 posts

@geberelo you said people will buy the game because of realism. then mentioned that people would not like if you saw samurai destroying vikings. implying realism is bad.

if this game had a ton of realism, lawbringer would beat pretty much all vikings except maybe raider and valk, all samurai except maybe nobushi, and all of the wu lin except maybe jj.

• geberelo
    154 posts
    @geberelo you said people will buy the game because of realism. then mentioned that people would not like if you saw samurai destroying vikings. implying realism is bad.

if this game had a ton of realism, lawbringer would beat pretty much all vikings except maybe raider and valk, all samurai except maybe nobushi, and all of the wu lin except maybe jj.

for honor's logic was knights kill vikings because of their technology, vikings kill samurais because of they are stronger, samurais kill knights (idk is it still a good idea but) because of their fighting style.

• deathtocakl
    1482 posts

@geberelo jumping into even more realistic territory, the characters with spears, and by extension the biggest spears are at the greatest advantage. such as pole axe, leaf bladed spear, and nobushis spear. spears are devastating irl. you can even spar by using a rubber tipped spear because youll just knock the other person out. even if youre trying to pull your hits

• deathtocakl
    1482 posts

Also kensei is only ever riding a horse, conq doesn't exist, and shugoki just dances at festivals

• geberelo
    154 posts
    @geberelo jumping into even more realistic territory, the characters with spears, and by extension the biggest spears are at the greatest advantage. such as pole axe, leaf bladed spear, and nobushis spear. spears are devastating irl. you can even spar by using a rubber tipped spear because youll just knock the other person out. even if youre trying to pull your hits

if ur hp will be 20 or something yes, spears would be op but if you get close to the spear with high hp you can kill him easily.

i don't think kensei can even change his block quickly or block when he dodges. that would be better i guess, the adventage would be on his weapon's length and conq exists.

Suggested Topics