ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• IlluminatiEyes
    1713 posts

@geberelo
    buddy forget the realism. this is a game and believes that to be interesting, it has to have its fantasy part. Otherwise there was no UB, no bombs, no Heal in the Zones etc etc. A Fair trade between fantasy and realism.

In reality most of the existing heroes in the game didn't even coexist at the same time. Samurai are already more advanced in time.
    The knights in the game represent several epochs (Partial Plate, Full Plate, Gothic, Lamellar)...

The Conqueror's weapon, nor is there any historical evidence that it ever existed. What's on display are replicas, none of them originals.
    So lets face it as it is, a game. 😄

• deathtocakl
    1494 posts

@geberelo the weapon kensei uses was meant for riding horses and killing your opponents horse. It's absolutely not meant for fighting someone face to face. As other guy said. Embrace the fantasy

• Mayan_Master
    561 posts

we need to understand that actually lore is right here.

Zerk or more better the berserkergangr (the blood trance they got after the "goth" dance ritual) was real this allowed them to not stop fighting until they colapsed from a cardiac arrest or his head was severed/hit with a hammer, the sagas indicate that the best weapon to kill a zerk were heavy mauls and hitting to the head/heart with enough force was the best move to actually stop them. So yeah zerk hiperarmour is factually correct.

about raider and even jorm, the hiperarmour is because in the lore we are told/conclude the vikings are the most physically powerful humans alive, I mean 1000 years have passed since the cataclysm and they evolved in the tundra and glacial conditions and in the middle of that competing among themselves, so we can conclude they are almost immune to pain due their forced natural selection, so again it is coherent with the lore.

Jorm is obligated to do a ritual in where only the most resistant to pain and injuries can become jormungander warriors, they even scarify their skin to be able to resist blades. Again we can conclude their hiperarmour is justified by mentally blocking pain due fanatic religious beliefs, possibly drugs.

I could accept some minor hiperarmour on Lawbro in the middle of chains but thats it, he already mimics the advantage of armour by the use of feats that healing him in the middle of battle and having a larger health pool, in fact I think 5 or 10 points more of health is justified on him. But armor protection is not necesarily the same as resistant to pain, armor should save your live( even if the blow can get you inconscious) and we can say is reflected in his large health pool. But I can see why people want him being able to be uninterruptable, is a big man with the best armor...in this case I think only in his middle combo for balance reasons it could be acceptable.

• Csodaszarvas_G
    343 posts

@mayankinggaming

That was an interesting little piece of lore. I enjoyed reading through it.

LB actually used to have 150 HP, when I started playing For Honor in Y3S3. Then it was lowered. Now he has 140.

• deathtocakl
    1494 posts

@csodaszarvas_g more lore that you probably already know! shugoki had 160 hp, then ubi decided he was too fat and trimmed it to 150

• IlluminatiEyes
    1713 posts

@deathtocakl
    Lets be honest...In the beggining Lawbringer had a free shove on every block he made... 😄

And the fat guy restore all of his HP, if was on critical health with just a demon embrace...loool

• deathtocakl
    1494 posts

@picoancus Lawbringer was actually [censored] before he was good. His shove on block gave him nothing on release. Also his guardswaps took 300ms, his Impaling riposte could always be blocked, and he could only get to his unblockable finisher if he did 3 heavies, or shoved into 2 heavies.

Shugoki was probably the most busted character on release in hindsight. He could use unlock tech to make his charged heavy double hit you and it could not be parried. His demon charge knocked you down and gave him a free heavy. Shugoki players would do only this to win early tournaments. And his demon embrace just killed you if he was in critical hp. Also due to his special hyper armor "stance" he could guardbreak you out of your lights as if you were in revenge. He could also repeatedly unlock and re-lock-on to retreat from fights when out of stamina. He would shimmy away very very fast.

Absolutely nuts.

• IlluminatiEyes
    1713 posts

@deathtocakl
    I know...lol
    Super lame...he just stall and stall and stall a little bit more...
    I was just goofing 😄

• Csodaszarvas_G
    343 posts

@deathtocakl

Lawbringer was actually A$$ before he was good. His shove on block gave him nothing on release. Also his guardswaps took 300ms, his Impaling riposte could always be blocked, and he could only get to his unblockable finisher if he did 3 heavies, or shoved into 2 heavies.

And he also went OOS every time someone parried his sprint impale...

• Mayan_Master
    561 posts

@csodaszarvas_g yes I know, and I was against this change I don´t main him, but for me 150 hp was coherent.

• Mayan_Master
    561 posts

@meta-drengr no, the largest is shugoki and the second is warlord, both in weight and height.

I know warlord does not seem that tall, but is because he is almost crouching due his combat stance, also he is even more muscular and heavy than raider as far as I know.
    You can see the shugo as a half demon(maybe a mutated human) and warlord as the most alpha, gritted, straightforward kind of viking warriors so they serve as an example of what their culture should represent.

the heroes who in my opinion don´t reflect the qualities of "durability" are shaman and nobushi, both having second wind feat which I find incoherent with lore and common sense.

Suggested Topics