Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/19 Replies/325 Views
    TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 598 posts

This is not happening all the time. For me on my XBox Series X, this is the second time it has happened. Here’s a short clip showing the game being stuck while trying to save. Usually a save takes a second or less. I have found that the only way to get out of it is a hard reset of the game, which takes me back to the last auto-save.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1746 posts

Hello @TheNorfolkian,

Sorry to hear that you were unable to save.

Can you please confirm what actions did you perform before saving? Were you in the middle of the quest by any chance?

Also, can you please perform all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? This will help you to eliminate any potential software conflicts.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-mark No, I was not in the middle of a quest. I had just finished a fast travel though.

I do not have connectivity issues. The game and my console are up to date. If this happens again, I will post about it here.

• Ubi-Litten
    Ubisoft Support Staff 178 posts

Thanks for getting back in contact and apologies for the slight delay responding to your query. While I hope you do not experience this again, if you do could you please confirm which area you were in when this occurred?

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-litten Sorry, I no longer recall which area I fast traveled from. However, I have not seen this problem occur lately. If a hotfix was applied recently, it’s possible that this was a symptom of another bug that was resolved.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1038 posts

That is great news @thenorfolkiam, thank you for keeping us updated about this save crash.

If it does happens again, please let us know. In the meantime, if you happen to be using any cloud saving options, try switching to local hard drive saves, as this may be a better option for you if the game were to struggle to connect to our server when making a new save, as this can be a potential cause of crashing for some players.

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-milky @Ubi-Litten @Ubi-Mark I’ve recently started to experience this problem again since TU 1.3.1 was rolled out. However, this time I made a mental note of where the problem happened. The game stopped autosaving around Grantebridgescire in an area where I was out on a Reda quest for ‘The Drunkard’. I was able to determine this when loading up the last autosave following a quit after the game locked up in a stall during a manual save. When I reloaded the autosave, it placed my Eivor in the vicinity where I was when I completed the Reda quest, but I returned to Reda to discover that the quest had reset as well.

I’ve also noticed that there are other complaints about this issue occurring in another thread. I hope that this can be resolved soon.

• TheNorfolkian

Just to give a visual record... it happened again earlier today. I was in the middle of the newly minted Reda quest in England titled ‘Burn it down!’ and for some reason, the game seemed to get stuck when attempting to get in touch with Ubisoft servers. I had to quit my game because there’s no way to get out of the locked-up save loop.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhFeScLdbsMBmGsH2cLgNlmWM5A7?e=dq9lYj

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4112 posts

Thanks for sharing an update with us, @TheNorfolkian. I'm sorry to hear that the issue has persisted for you. Just to clarify, does this infinite save first begin when the game tries to autosave? Or does it happen when creating manual saves when the game isn't autosaving as well? I can see in the new video you shared that an autosave was triggered first, which may be preventing you from creating a manual save at the same time.

Additionally, can you let us know if this only happens when taking part in one of Reda's quests? Or has this happened when carrying out other tasks within the world? If we can pinpoint where this infinite save issue occurs, it could be helpful for the team when reproducing the issue.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-borealis So far, I've only noticed the problem start during a Reda quest, and yes, it does happen because the game tries to autosave. However, I should note that this does not happen every day... I've seen it occur about once or twice a week.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for clarifying that extra information for me, @TheNorfolkian. I've passed on your report to the development team so they can take a closer look at this. If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread.

In the meantime, please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any future updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-borealis I would like to follow up that this issue occurred again today when attempting to complete the ‘Missing Person’ Reda quest. What’s even worse is that after quitting the game when the autosave/manual-save failed, the game locked up a second time after attempting the same Reda quest. I captured some video of this second attempt. You’ll see that I did not receive any opals and the autosave symbol starts looping when the quest completes. Also, this time I exited the game to my XBox homepage and went back into the game to see an error, for which I took a screenshot...
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhFeScLdbsMBmG1TfIJnbFks8TzE?e=ldbMoe

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhFeScLdbsMBmG5K-5qpho5-vP4D?e=cjb6lg

I sincerely hope a fix is in the works... this is no longer a minor inconvenience.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1049 posts

Thanks so much for coming back with this additional information and media, @thenorfolkian , and my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. I understand it's a frustration to have save issues, and I've passed your post on to our people to help with our ongoing investigation. Thanks once again, and I hope you've been having a good time with the game besides with this questline.

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-thrupney Thanks for the feedback. I would like to once again report that this has now become an ongoing problem. This is the third day in a row where completing a Reda quest causes the autosave to lock up and therefore prevents future progress from being saved. On the bright side, Reda’s shop still works, but it is a shame that I cannot complete any daily quests for opals now until this problem is resolved. Here is the latest recording for today’s quest outside of Ravensthorpe...

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhFeScLdbsMBmHeyJT9KIleAQQqz?e=7r50AU

• TheNorfolkian

@ubi-borealis @Ubi-Thrupney I would like to report that I was able to complete both Reda quests today without any problems in the autosave, and I received opals for completing the quests. It was nice to finally be able to once again complete a Reda quest without having to quit my game session.

• TheNorfolkian

Previously, I started posting again in an older thread where the game would lock up when trying to save in TU 1.3.0, but as of TU 1.3.1, the problem has been more specifically diagnosed as resulting from the completion of a Reda quest. So, I have created this separate topic thread to address this particular problem. There doesn’t seem to be any way of predicting when it will happen. Recently, I noticed it happened three days in a row, and then everything was fine for a day, but today with the new weekly Reda store refresh and weekly quest, I am again seeing the problem. I am on my XBox Series X with TU 1.3.1 installed and have no internet or technical problems. According to @Ubi-Borealis, this matter has been reported to the developers, but I would like to if other players are seeing this problem on their respective gaming platforms. Here are the video clips for the instances I have captured three days in a row...

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhFeScLdbsMBmGsH2cLgNlmWM5A7?e=dq9lYj

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhFeScLdbsMBmG1TfIJnbFks8TzE?e=ldbMoe

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhFeScLdbsMBmHeyJT9KIleAQQqz?e=7r50AU

...and this last one is what happened today (Sep. 14, 2021)...
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhFeScLdbsMBmHskRWrF1v2x7ibf?e=lwmcuc

Please fix this problem.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @TheNorfolkian!

Just to let you know, I've merged your two threads about this issue together so we can keep all reports in a single thread. I've changed the title to match your most recent thread, though, as you mentioned you wanted to create a thread that addressed this issue following TU 1.3.0 and TU 1.3.1. If you'd like me to change the title again, please let me know what you'd like it to be!

Thank you for continuing to update us within this thread about whenever this issue has occurred for you, and for including videos. We've passed along all of your reports to the development team so they can take a closer look at these. We don't yet have any updates to share with you from the investigation at this stage. As soon as we have any new information from the team, we will let you know within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum.

If the team require any additional information from you, we'll reach out within this thread. In the meantime, please feel welcome to continue sharing your experiences within this thread. We will continue to pass on any new reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-borealis Just to keep you up-to-date, I am still occasionally experiencing this issue, and the only fix is a complete reset of the game.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1746 posts

Hello @thenorfolkian,

Thank you for sharing and I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. I can see that this issue has been reported to the development team and it's currently being looked into. Once we have an update, we will let everyone know through the patch notes.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response

Suggested Topics