Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• V4MPiR1
    Original poster 65 posts

UNRESOLVED: Chain Hoists on Williams - These still corrupt (do not return to neutral) upon use.

NEW: Filled Crucible on Pfeiser - The trolley and hoist now corrupt (do not advance with the crucible). Hence, now you observe a floating crucible advance towards the train car cannon. This issue is chronic and has been corroborated by all raid group players.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 813 posts

Hey @V4MPiR1

I'm sorry to hear you are having some visual bugs in the game. Please could you record a video clip of these and upload it / them online to somewhere we can view it like YouTube, then send us a link to view this? 

We can then forward it on to the relevant teams to look into this. 

Official Response
  • V4MPiR1
    Original poster 65 posts

@ubi-froggard
    UPDATE: I had some time while instructing to take a screenshot of the second bug when the Pfeiser phase was completed (note on the below image that the 'molten iron' has been 'poured').

As per my original quote:

NEW: Filled Crucible on Pfeiser - The trolley and hoist now corrupt (do not advance with the crucible). Hence, now you observe a floating crucible advance towards the train car cannon. This issue is chronic and has been corroborated by all raid group players.

undefined

undefined

In the augmented second image (above), you will note that, as first stated, the hooks used to transport the crucible to the final position are bugged and have not advanced. The hoist and cables have not translated vertically, and the trolley has not translated horizontally.

I will provide subsequent images of the other bug [UNRESOLVED: Chain Hoists on Williams - These still corrupt (do not return to neutral) upon use] at my earliest opportunity.

• Noxious81
    368 posts
    (...) NEW: Filled Crucible on Pfeiser - The trolley and hoist now corrupt (do not advance with the crucible). Hence, now you observe a floating crucible advance towards the train car cannon. This issue is chronic and has been corroborated by all raid group players.

Sadly this issue is anything but new. I already reported this bug in February in the old support forum and also opened another thread after the new forum had launched.

Both threads include screenshots and refer to a support ticket which also includes a video of the bug occuring. Maybe those threads can be helpful here...

Although I have lost faith that this will be fixed any time soon when looking at the track history of my report on that specific bug:

• support has "forwarded your case with urgency to the responsible team" (Ubi-Rolo, February)
    • the issue is being "looked into closer" (Ubi-Luchs, February)
    • "our development team is still working on a solution" (Ubi-Dragoon, March)
    • the "information has been passed along to our Game team" (UbiKobold, March)
    • the issue "is still being looked into" (UbiExcellent, April)
    • the "issue is still under investigation by the team." (Ubi-Redbeard, June)
    • the team is "looking into getting this resolved" (Ubi-Ginge, June)
    • the issue "is still under investigation." (Ubi-Vstorm, July)
    • "This is currently being looked in to by the game team." (Ubi-Ginge, August)

I really really do know that there aren't as many devs left in the team in 2021 then before. And I also do know that there's other work to be done which most probably in almost every case has a higher priority than this bug.

But I guess it's also understandable why it's kind of a let-down that this bug is still in the game when looking at all the different yet same quotes above...

• V4MPiR1
    Original poster 65 posts

@noxious81 LOL, yeah. I should have said, "relatively new", to more accurately reflect the progress on bug remediation.

Here's the problem, and I have a diagram here for those that continually address the developer (ie. Massive):

undefined

Note the horizontal inversion of the cat. Those responses you received are not necessarily lies in themselves. Support issues scripted responses per publisher policy and simply because they are not high enough on the food chain to be privy to the actual goings-on, nor would it be their purview if they were. They issue reports to the publisher, the publisher runs an opportunity cost assessment under the current climate, and chooses what and what not to task the developer with. Ultimately, if something hasn't been done, it's because the publisher hasn't so tasked the developer.

WRT publishers 'moving on', I'm developing a more aggressive, intolerant posture. You can choose to leave a legacy of excellence with lesser volume and profit, or you can choose to leave a legacy of plethoric mediocrity.

Anywho, thanks for supplementing the report, Nox.

• V4MPiR1
    Original poster 65 posts

@ubi-froggard
    UPDATE: I was able to get screenshots tonight under fire of the first bug during the Williams phase.

As per my original quote:

UNRESOLVED: Chain Hoists on Williams - These still corrupt (do not return to neutral) upon use.

undefined

undefined

undefined

As you can see from these three screenshots taken from different angles, the same chain hoist is visually glitched in a high position when not in use. This can occur at varying elevations (esp. mid, high) and chronically doesn't return to neutral (approx. 18" above ground level).

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 985 posts

Hey everyone.

Thank you for your images and information on this issue. I have passed these on to the game team. I understand that this issue has been ongoing for sometime and at the moment it is still being looked into.

Apologies for the delay with this.

Thank you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics