ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MrSnekk
    Original poster 4 posts

About 5 months ago I've been encountering horrible LOD and popin across all games. I have no idea what is causing it, and have taken drastic measures as far as clean reinstalling windows to fix my issue. I am now afraid it could be a hardware issue? Does anybody know what the culprit could be? Or is this normal, and I'm just losing it? Please be serious about this, it is very troubling to me. I can no longer enjoy the games I once loved.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4651 posts
    Best Answer

@mrsnekk Thanks for the update.

I don't think that this is a hardware issue, the older Assassin's Creed games draw distance wasn't as good as the more recent games that have been released.

I did some research and was able to find a suggestion online that another player provided which is supposed to improve textures quality and draw distance, so you could try this to see if it improves it.

1. Go to the configuration file(s) location.
    2. Open AssassinRogue.ini and set EnvironmentQuality= to EnvironmentQuality=4 and TextureQuality= to TextureQuality=2.
    3. Save and set the file to Read only.

After you have done that launch the game and try again to see if there is any difference.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3563 posts

Hello @mrsnekk thank you for this video.

To see if we can replicate this, could you please give me your PC specs > GPU, CPU, Ram amount, PSU power, if you are overclocking?

Could you also post your in-game graphic settings from the game's menu and your GPU settings, as set up in your GPU controller software for 3D settings, please?

Official Response
  • MrSnekk
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-milky Apologies for late reply. I am OCing my RAM, not my CPU or GPU. Here's my specs, and thank you for helping!

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Founders Edition
    Intel Core I7 10700k
    Noctua NH D-15 Dual Air Cooler
    16 GB T-Force Vulkan 3200Mhz dual channel
    MSI Z490 A-Pro
    Thermalake Smart RGB Pro 750+ Watt Bronze Certified Fully Modular
    2 Samsung N.2 SSDs (Each 1TB)
    2 TB Seagate HDD

The game settings and 3D Settings will be attached below in images

• Ubi-Keo

@mrsnekk Thanks for the images provided.

Can you try disabling v-sync to see if that makes any difference. If it doesn't can you also try setting all of the graphics settings to low and test it again, then keep increasing them all each time to see if that makes any difference.

Official Response
  • MrSnekk
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-keo I changed both things requested and issue still persists, kindof worried could it possibly be a hardware issue? It really is an eyesore for such a beautiful game

• Ubi-Keo
    Best Answer

@mrsnekk Thanks for the update.

I don't think that this is a hardware issue, the older Assassin's Creed games draw distance wasn't as good as the more recent games that have been released.

I did some research and was able to find a suggestion online that another player provided which is supposed to improve textures quality and draw distance, so you could try this to see if it improves it.

1. Go to the configuration file(s) location.
    2. Open AssassinRogue.ini and set EnvironmentQuality= to EnvironmentQuality=4 and TextureQuality= to TextureQuality=2.
    3. Save and set the file to Read only.

After you have done that launch the game and try again to see if there is any difference.

Official Response
  • MrSnekk
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-keo Surprisingly it helped a decent bit, but the weird pixelation effect is still there I have no idea why. Thank you for this, I think its bearable now

• Ubi-Keo

@mrsnekk That's great, I'm pleased to hear that amending those settings has helped 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics