ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Raiisin.
    Original poster 2 posts

It has been 3 MONTHS!!! Ever since a Ubisoft Connect update, SC Blacklist PC servers are unavailable. The only way to play is to downgrade the Uplay version.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3040 posts
    Best Answer

Hello Raiisin, thank you for your post and for sharing your experience.

There are a few issues we know of that players are experiencing with Blacklist. One is the game may crash after a certain amount of playtime, the other the game won't connect to our Ubisoft servers to play the online mode, or the game can become stuck at launch initializing, when connecting online.

All of these issues are under investigation, for now, if players wish to play only the campaign mode, please try launching Connect in offline mode via this guide > https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/running-ubisoft-connect-pc-in-offline-mode/000063188

As for the online game mode, I can only apologize you are unable to get online, for now, we are asking players to let us know via a support ticket and send us an image of your game key or proof of purchase to us, via this link > https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/contact

Official Response
  • UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 907 posts

@raiisin Hey, and thank you for your patience as we investigate this. Just to make sure, do you have the Deluxe Edition of the game? If so, are you also unable to access the Deluxe content? Or is it just the server that is unavailable? Also, can you provide an image that shows it is unavailable when launching the game from Ubisoft Connect?

Official Response
  • LowLevel-Shades
    1 posts

@raiisin Havin the same problem. I think ubisoft want to force us to play they awlfull recent games

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 641 posts

@lowlevel-shades Hey there. I'm sorry to hear that you're also having this issue. Would you go ahead and answer the questions that @UbiKobold asked just above?

Official Response
  • sotangI
    3 posts

@ubistorm i purchased this game on steam and it is the one i got there. i also have a ticket open for help with this. please get someone to take a look.

• sotangI
    3 posts

@ubikobold I have the same issue (as do many in the steam discussion forums for this game) and it seems to have been after the update to Ubisoft connect. I've gone through your support troubleshooting and i have no firewall or programs blocking it from working, as well as i have reformatted my computer installing new windows 10 with all updates and only installed nvidia drivers (and other essential windows drivers) and many other things. My progress and ingame unlocks are all not being recognized because online services are not available. someone needs to look at this. It has been about 3 months i have been dealing with this also and honestly support has been completely ineffective in providing any real path to a solution. I loved to play Ubisoft games but the next title being released will be tainted by the support i have received thus far...I'll also be petty and promote this thread and spread it to those in my many gaming communities so others reconsider buying from a company that doesn't seem to care after the purchase is done. I don't expect perfect and having less people staffed to do support for this game is reasonable, but when your core game and online service is dead like this it just screams of priority problems for your company. I bet if i gave this information to some of my favorite influencers and got it more public your company would get around to fixing the issue to save face, but the integrity seems to be missing.

If you have not officially closed down service for this game , then it should get issues resolved within a few days or even a few weeks. As far as i can tell it has been minimum of 3 months with forums on steam showing it going on for years now. Ubisoft please pay closer attention to your services and stop ending every support chat with "issue seems to be with your internet service provider" any time they cannot figure out the issue or don't have a way to properly escalate it.

I've said enough and i'm going to archive all my chat and forum posts to keep record for when i pass this on to louder speakers than myself. This is negligence at it's worst.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3362 posts

Hello @sotangi ,

Thank you for your updates.

To shed more light on the current situation, this matter has already been raised to the relevant teams and is currently being investigated.

We don't have any further information to share, however the issue appears to be tied to Deluxe versions of the game.

Is this the version you own?

We appreciate that it's frustrating not being able to connect and there hasn't been a lot of available information, however I'm afraid we can only share what is available to us.

Likewise, we need to ensure that all local troubleshooting options are exhausted to ensure that the issue is not otherwise related to something else within your network.

If you could please confirm your edition, we'll pass this on as part of the ongoing investigation and update the forums with information when it becomes available.

Official Response
  • sotangI
    3 posts

@ubi-theberry my version of the game is standard edition according to steam where i purchased it from.

Steam>library>right click on game>properties>DLC ,shows it is Standard edition.

i have completed the troubleshooting given to me by prior support but again still no resolution. I'll be keeping an eye on this issue

If i have to , i will use older ubisoft uplay client to connect as that seems to be the fix i see people having success with which makes it pretty clear it is an issue with updates done to ubisoft connect. Past that i don't know but this is incredibly frustrating.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3362 posts

Thanks for that @sotangi , I can't see the game on the account you're posting from, may we please know the Steam username of the account you're playing the game from so we can pass it on?

We are aware of the workaround of using an old version of the Uplay launcher allows access and the team have been made aware.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • joaomos_PT
    41 posts

@ubi-theberry
    Sorry to tell you, but that has nothing to do with the games. All the Ubisoft games I have were purchased through Ubisoft and all they work properly, till now. The problem is with Ubisoft Connect, which doesn't allow us to get access to our games. Simply doesn't open, staying stopped in initializing.
    I have said in other forum thread taht it was better with me. Wrong! Today it took about 5 minutes to open the interface. If the problem has connection with the latest version of UC, I think that the first thing you must do is make an update with a downgrade, and put us playing normally, while you investigate the reason for what is happening.
    I thinl it is clear that the problem has nothing to do with our computers or internet connections. It is happening with lots of clients all over the world with lots of different ISP's and computers.
    I have done nothing with my computer before the problem started with me.It simply started from one day to the other. My anti virus is the same and never gave me problems - Norton 360 - Its definitions were not changed and I have not installed any new program. The only thing that changed was your's UC which had an update in the meanwhile.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@joaomos_pt Hi there.

Thank you for posting to make us aware you also face issues when using Ubisoft Connect.

In your post you refer to not being able to get access to your games. Could you confirm if you are experiencing the same issue with Splinter Cell: Blacklist, specifically the Deluxe version?

In regards to not being able to use the launcher in general, due to being stuck initializing, this is something we like to offer general troubleshooting for. Our team offer our connectivity articles here, as a way to ensure the software has it's best chance of being able to communicate with our services. Making sure that this troubleshooting is carried out allows us to fix common problems, or move on to more tailored troubleshooting.

After following this guide, if you are still encountering issues, please get in touch with our support team. You can do so by creating a ticket here, and attaching your system information will allow us to paint a better picture of how best to help you.

If you have any further questions, please be sure to let us know.
    Thank you!

Official Response
  • PH0ENIX80
    1 posts

@ubi-nacho I'm having the same issue. Bought the Deluxe edition on Steam today, and the game won't work online, or give me access to ANY DLC. I feel seriously wripped off

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

Hello @PH0ENIX80 !

Could you, and any other players that happen to experiencing this issue, please reach out to us via a support case?

This problem would need to be resolved on a case by case basis and we would need seperate details from each individual player.

If you require any assistance creating a support case please let us know!

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Edgo-_-
    1 posts

Also having the same issue I even refunded the game on steam to get it through Ubisoft and online still does not work.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1693 posts

Hey @edgo-_ ! Sorry to hear that you are still encountering the same issue with both purchases. If you could create a support ticket with us, we can take a closer look into this with you. Thank you!

Official Response
  • Raiisin.
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-smash AFAIK this is not a case by case issue. I have the Standard Edition and I still can't play online. I don't know anyone who can, actually. You promised multiple times that the team is aware of the issue and working on a fix. This has been an issue since June, I created this topic in September and it's almost December now. At this point, you could just announce you shut down the servers and stop tricking anymore players to buy the game.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3040 posts
    Best Answer

Hello Raiisin, thank you for your post and for sharing your experience.

There are a few issues we know of that players are experiencing with Blacklist. One is the game may crash after a certain amount of playtime, the other the game won't connect to our Ubisoft servers to play the online mode, or the game can become stuck at launch initializing, when connecting online.

All of these issues are under investigation, for now, if players wish to play only the campaign mode, please try launching Connect in offline mode via this guide > https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/running-ubisoft-connect-pc-in-offline-mode/000063188

As for the online game mode, I can only apologize you are unable to get online, for now, we are asking players to let us know via a support ticket and send us an image of your game key or proof of purchase to us, via this link > https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/contact

Official Response
  • soulbringer04
    1 posts

@raiisin 01.12.2021 don't work

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@soulbringer04 Sorry to hear that this did not work. Did you create a support ticket in regard to this?

• donvoisko
    2 posts

Sooo...
    Ubi wants us to create a support ticket, even attach an image of the error we encounter. So i went along. Of course, it is about the Blackllist server being down for... i don't even remember when. But check out their support page. And please read under the Start Chat button. WT#, afraid of getting Covid though an uploaded photo, or via chat? This is stupid. What other support method.. a freakin pigeon with a little note attached to its foot?
    Do what you have to do Ubi and fix that server, and spare us the cr#p please.
    ...freakin ridiculous.

Suggested Topics