Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Soham697
    Original poster 10 posts

Grass and beard in assassin's creed valhalla seems to be shimmering for me. I've tried various fixes but nothing seems to work. My platform is pc

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 699 posts

Hello @soham697, thanks for getting in touch with us.

Can you possibly upload a few images or video's to demonstrate exactly what this looks like for you?

Are you able to upload a video clip to a video hosting website such as Imgur or Youtube, then post a link to view it please?

Can you also show us what settings you are using for graphics in the game and what GPU driver update you are using? A new Nvidia driver update was released today, that you can try downloading to see if this fixes the issue for you.

Official Response
  • Soham697
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubi-milky

. I've recorded a video, plz watch it till the end. You will see the grass is shimmering.
    My graphics setting
    Anti aliasing - Medium
    Character texstures - High
    Clutter - Very high
    Depth of field - low
    Environment texture - Medium
    Screen space reflection - on
    Shadows - Medium
    Volumetric clouds - Medium
    water - medium
    World detail - High
    Resolution - 1080p
    Also I hace installed the latest drivers from nvidia

• Soham697
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubi-milky any solution?

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1831 posts

@soham697 Thanks for the video.

I have watched the video several times and I am struggling to see what you mean by the grass shimmering.

Do you experience this in every location? And does it only happen to grass that's further away from you? I can see you also mentioned that the beard is shimmering too, can you also provide an example of this please along with another example of the grass if you can.

Official Response
  • Azhrei21
    45 posts

I don't see what he's talking about either... looks normal to me...

• Soham697
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubi-keo It sort of looks like an anti aliasing issue. It happens when the grass is further away. I tried playing on high anti-aliasing as well but still the same.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1541 posts

Hello @soham697,

Thank you for the update.

After another check, I can see that the environment is working as intended. Can you please provide us with more details of this particular issue, so we can have a look?

Many thanks!

Official Response
  • Soham697
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubi-mark What more details do you want from my side?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3839 posts

Would you be able to explain further what you mean by "shimmering," @Soham697? I've taken a look at your video, and it's a little hard to tell what you mean as the camera keeps moving, which also causes the grass to move as well. This is making it a little tricky to see what you mean. I can see the lighting/shading of the grass changing as you move the camera, but I'm unsure if this is the "shimmering" you're referring to.

Does this "shimmering" effect only happen when you move the camera, or does it happen when the camera is stationary? If so, can you please send us a video which demonstrates the effect without moving the camera? This will be helpful for us to identify the "shimmering" effect you're experiencing in-game.

Additionally, you mention that this issue happens with the beard as well. Could you send us a video which demonstrates the "shimmering" effect with the beard too? This will be useful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Soham697
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubi-borealis Yes the lighting and shading of the grass is changing. I think that was what I was trying to say. I just did'nt know what to call it. It's more evident when i'm moving the camera but you can still see it while stationery.

• Soham697
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubi-borealis Same with Eivor's beard the lighting and shading changes. You can only see it in cut scenes

• Ubi-Keo

@soham697 Thanks for the update.

Could you please provide another video to demonstrate how the grass and beard are shimmering.

Official Response
  • Soham697
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubi-keo Here's another video

. Just take a look at the grass

• Ubi-Keo

@soham697 Thanks for the video. I can see what you are referring to more in the second video than the first, however it just appears to be the the lighting and the way that the grass is moving.

Could you also provide an example that shows this same affect with Eivor's beard, along with a screenshot of your current in-game graphics settings and your PC specifications and I will forward it on to the development team.

Official Response
  • Soham697
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubi-keo The problem with eivor's beard happens only in cut scenes, so it's hard to get a video as I have to wait for a cut scene. But it's similar to what's happening with the grass.
    Anti aliasing - Medium
    Character texstures - High
    Clutter - Very high
    Depth of field - low
    Environment texture - Medium
    Screen space reflection - on
    Shadows - Medium
    Volumetric clouds - Medium
    water - medium
    World detail - High
    CPU - i7 9700
    GPU - GTX 1660
    RAM - 32GB(dual channel)

• Ubi-Keo

@soham697 Thanks for the information provided.

I have discussed this with my several of my colleagues and someone from the Assassin's Creed Valhalla QA team and we are unable to see any issues with the grass.

If you are able to provide a video showing Eivor's beard in a cut scene then we will be happy to look into this further for you.

Official Response
  • Soham697
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubi-keo But you could see the lighitng issues with the grass right?

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1541 posts

Hello @soham697,

Thank you for the update! After checking this with our colleagues and the team, the grass and light are working as intended.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics