ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• dagrommit
    Original poster 894 posts

With all the complaints about RNG making it difficult to obtain specific exotics, I am wondering if people think it would be better to have new exotics drop on completion of a multi-step project. This already applies to some existing exotics (i.e. Ridgeways Pride, Dodge City Holster, Capacitor), but not all. However, it might be a good idea for all future exotics to require this. Not only would it guarantee a way to obtain the exotic, it would provide a new reason to play different content, and differentiate exotics from "regular" loot.

Note: This would not be retroactively applied to existing exotics: (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2262864-Proposal-put-the-Eagle-Bearer-in-the-DZ-(see-first-post-for-caveats)).

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xcel30
    982 posts

Don't think ALL of the new exotics if we are getting them should be projects, there is a small note to add that many of the "new" exotics were also part of an season track, meaning that people guarantee them just by grinding away, so honestly we had more guaranteed exotics in some form since the expansion than ones that were forced drops only

• dagrommit
    there is a small note to add that many of the "new" exotics were also part of an season track, meaning that people guarantee them just by grinding away,

True, but that doesn't make them feel special. A project themed around the new exotics characteristics would help with that.

• N3mB0t
    1241 posts

i say yes because i firmly believe there shouldnt be any unobtainable items for certains players , like the RAID stuff , for players who dont raid, those gears should have an alternative way to be obtained , AKA the project , it should be hard AF , yes , but it should be an option for people who just cant have the time or the luxury of having 7 more friends available to RAID at any given time.

and as such i also believe it should be retroactive to already existing exotics and gearsets.

• dagrommit
    and as such i also believe it should be retroactive to already existing exotics and gearsets.

Why gearsets?

I don't think it would be worth the development effort to change how existing exotics are obtained. It would also be extremely confusing to new players trying to find out how to get them. Note: I say this as someone who has an EB, but not a Regulus.

• Oatiecrumble
    951 posts

All exotics should of been obtainable the same way as The Nemesis & The Chatter Box.

• I3eard_of_War
    549 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • N3mB0t
    1241 posts

@dagrommit

gearsets because of the pieces also locked behind raids , if we are trying to find a way to make all gear available to everyone in some way this pieces should also be included.

and things this days are only as complicated as you want them to be , cant care enough to find or figure out yourself? just resort to the usual click bait spoon fed youtuber for all the tutorials!

• Virtual-Chris
    812 posts

It would be great if all exotics were obtained through projects or quests. I like a deterministic outcome and it’s a more goal driven reason to play. I hate relying on RNG. Even if it’s a long process like the Pride or Nemesis it’s better than hopeless RNG farming.

I wish blueprints were also deterministic rather than random. Maybe some blueprints are level 2, some 3, some 4 etc and if you do Solar Farm at level 3 you get the Super 90 blueprint… so you can figure out how to get the blueprints you need earlier in the game.

• dagrommit
    gearsets because of the pieces also locked behind raids , if we are trying to find a way to make all gear available to everyone in some way this pieces should also be included.

and things this days are only as complicated as you want them to be , cant care enough to find or figure out yourself? just resort to the usual click bait spoon fed youtuber for all the tutorials!

To be fair, completing a raid could be considered a project 👀

As for confusion, there are plenty of guides/videos for the existing exotics. New guides/videos won't get as many views (due to a smaller player base), so won't get surfaced by youtube. We see this confusion occasionally when people post a question about talents that no longer exist.

• xcel30
    982 posts

Should make an extra note, i'm talking about future exotics assuming they will use similar situation of having some in season track (pretty much a guarantee if you grind instead of RNG) possible a few extra as drops and some here and there as projects. IF and thats a big IF we are talking about already existing exotics from the raid getting projects, then i'm all in because i really want that Regulus revolver as a crazy dude who plays around with pistols

• SevenNVD
    87 posts

I like the variety we currently have. Some are with projects, others with complete RNG, some are in certain chests, and some have a specific order of missions requirement. (Liberator/Nemesis). If it was all the same, I would get less enjoyment out of finding them all. Of course, they could make the projects the varying element, but for me, there doesn't need to be a guaranteed way to obtain an exotic.

Looting is part of the charm in this game, and while RNG can be frustrating sometimes, beating it always feels better than completing a checklist.

• N3mB0t
    1241 posts

To be fair, completing a raid could be considered a project 👀

a project that needs 7 more players with game knowledge , time and availability to be on at the same time to be able to complete... over and over until RNG decides its your time... yeah

• dagrommit
    a project that needs 7 more players with game knowledge , time and availability to be on at the same time to be able to complete... over and over until RNG decides its your time... yeah

Weren't you talking about gearset pieces "locked behind raids"? Aren't the blueprints a guaranteed drop on first completion?

• Merphee
    119 posts

Seems fine as is.

Thinking ahead, if you were to put every upcoming exotic only obtainable via project, the excitement of the orange glow on the ground wouldn't be there. If transparency is in order, you'd know that nothing new would come from boss or crate exotics. You'd already have whatever that piece of loot is going to be (not including new players).

The reaction to the orange glow is part of the experience. It brings a sense of mystery, it makes you anxious (in a good way). Having that blend of random drop exotics and project exotics pleases both camps and gives meaning to all corners of the game, rather than just one.

• dagrommit
    the excitement of the orange glow on the ground wouldn't be there

That's a good point, but you'd still have a chance of getting something better than what you have now. To be clear, I am not suggesting exotics drop already god rolled.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@merphee it makes me anxious in an angry way. The orange glow finally dropping makes me curse the clown that came up with such a dumb system. It makes me want to walk away from this game when RNGesus decides to forsake me for a fortnight, but fortunately the rest of the game makes up for that sleazy, garbage mechanic. F looters in the ear, and they took a potentially amazing game and downgraded it to simply, really good. I only celebrate that I am done with that moronic endeavor when I finally get the drop.

RNG makes sense when you have a giant pool of potential pieces, and keep the exotics in the pool once you get one for the chance of a better one to drop - but give me a well defined, difficult task that can be handled solo for when I want an exotic.

• xcel30
    982 posts

@dagrommit A bit, its RNG what parts you get from what gear set, not sure if it completing it a single time will give all and another note, second raid has multiple step project for the gear set and the revolver, all are pretty much "do the raid again and this time also donate this drop or mat from a boss and this random weapon".. Not very fun from what i heard since its just the same thing over and over again

• Merphee
    119 posts
    That's a good point, but you'd still have a chance of getting something better than what you have now. To be clear, I am not suggesting exotics drop already god rolled.

If I'm understanding this correctly, we can also optimize exotics without intently grinding for a second or third copy.

• I3eard_of_War
    549 posts

@latenitedelight Their should be a way to get an Exotic 100% with a Task indeed.

Exotic Mission Task Example:
    - Don't go down.
    - Don't use heals/armor kits.
    - Use multiple/specific weapons.
    - Use certain gear/builds in specific mission parts.
    - Complete within a certain time.
    - Get this many headshot kills.
    - Kill this many enemies with (certain) skills.
    - Give this many enemies (certain) status effects.
    - Kill the Named Boss in a certain way.

Do all that in one go, to get the drop 100%.

You should make it as a suggestion on this forum!!

Rewards for dedicated/skilled players. Love it!!

Suggested Topics