ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 798 posts

I did NY open world bosses yesterday… nothing. Is that the best way? What about SMG targeted loot? Any other tips? (Besides group play) 😉

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    878 posts

@virtual-chris

... Beside group play... Lol!

• Oatiecrumble
    463 posts

Farm Farm Farm, get as many exotic caches as possible.

• xcel30
    672 posts

Group up and do missions with SMG targetted loot, groups have shared me some nice exotics before and i also repay the favour whenever i can

• Noxious81
    808 posts

If you have enough exotic components to reconfigure any Lady Death, you could consider farming the Summit on challenging difficulty with as many directives as you can handle for an easy run.

Challenging difficulty, because it imho offers the best balance between difficulty and efficiency: hard difficulty is easier, but the chance for a targeted loot drop are only 30%. Challenging offers a 40% basic chance and still can be handled pretty easily. Heroic difficulty offers a chance of 50% for a targeted loot drop, but it takes longer to clean floors so that the better drop chance is not really an increase in farming efficiency.

Additionally, challenging difficulty can be played with more directives without becoming too much of a struggle. And with each directives comes an increase of 3% for a targeted loot drop.

And you will want a lot of targeted loot drops, because the chance of a targeted loot drop to be an exotic is only 0.96% (in case of farming for weapons as targeted loot). And with up to three SMGs in your loot pool, the chances gets reduced to 0.32% for a targeted loot drop to be a Lady Death.

• Adrian-11
    878 posts

For NYC bosses, chances are 3%.
    For targeted loot, I think chances are even lower, especially if you have the other two exotic SMGs (NRG tends to give you what you already have, for some reason).
    I think the best bet is exotic caches, with golden bullet coming this week. Would be even better if you could get stars while farming the NYC bosses, but I guess we have to see what challenges will be on.

• Adrian-11
    878 posts

Casual solo Heroic with my Striker build (I did pull the HF+Scorpio cheese for the final battle tho). Guess what Dragov dropped...

• sirherothebrave
    3 posts

Hell I would give you mine, don't really use SMGs.

• Noxious81
    808 posts
    For NYC bosses, chances are 3%.

True. That's how the Lady Death originally was brought into the game – and ever since then it only got added to the regular loot pool, but this "special" chance to drop should not have been reverted.

Alas farming the open world bosses in TD2 is a bit tedious compared to TD1 as you never know if they spawn exactly where they should and if they spawn at all. But 3% are 3%!

(...) I think the best bet is exotic caches, with golden bullet coming this week. (...)

Oh yes! With Golden Bullet starting today, the exotic caches should be coming in pretty fast. That's most probably at least for the upcoming week the most fun and efficient way to farm exotics.

• Virtual-Chris

Thanks all.

I got it from an exotic cache. I tried farming NY open world bosses for two days. What a waste of time that was. I never get exotics dropping in the open world. I had a vile mask drop in the summit with targeted loot set to masks but all my other exotics have come from quests or caches. The loot system drops in the open world are cursed for me.

• LateNiteDelight
    998 posts

@virtual-chris The RNG system has an AI component that scans the forums, Reddit & Social Media to see if you say nice or mean things about it 🕵

• Virtual-Chris

@latenitedelight … I absolutely believe that! 🙂

• Imagine_Brata
    409 posts

I don't understand why you're against playing in a group ?
    The best is to join a clan, then you also get a clan cache every week. And has a clan vendor

• Virtual-Chris

@imagine_brata

I deal with people and teams all day long in real life. I game to get away from people to not have anything but my own world and expectations to deal with. It’s an escape. Group gaming with strangers is the opposite of what I’m looking for in a gaming experience. I do play coop with my best friend and brother on Friday evenings. It’s fun, as were mostly joking and chatting and playing the game in the background… it’s not very serious.

ps. I’m in a clan.

• Noxious81
    808 posts
    (...) Group gaming with strangers is the opposite of what I’m looking for in a gaming experience. I do play coop with my best friend and brother on Friday evenings. It’s fun, as were mostly joking and chatting and playing the game in the background… it’s not very serious.

ps. I’m in a clan.

Sounds like you found your perfect way to enjoy the game. That's awesome! Really. And as long as it doesn't bother you that you might have to look a bit longer for a specific item... it's all good. Especially as playing with strangers will only guarantee more enemies and thus more loot drops for you, but not necessarily shared loot from your mates.

So just playing the same mission twice will probably grant you the same amount of or even more loot – but with having more fun while enjoying the game in one's own way and pace.

• N3mB0t
    818 posts

@virtual-chris

my job also consists in dealing with a loooot of people day in day out ,all sorts of people , i hate humakind because of it BTW ,only people who are lucky enough to only have to intercat with the ones they choose in a dayly basis dont develop this feeling ,because when you get to experience a significant portion of the average human behaviour and inteligence you wouldnt ask why the world is efed up as it is , its only natural.

this to say that when im not working my interaction with humans is so reduced im the definition of anti social , but online i dont have any problem interacting with people , firstly because i can choose with who and when , but most importantly because i can end that interaction as soon as i want it , i dont have to be politicaly correct , i dont have to listen to their life stories and mediocre achievements getting shoved down my throat because no one else wants to listen to them, and generaly people you meet to play online dont do that , everyone is there to escape reality and acts accordingly , keeping their "internet stranger" persona but interacting and having fun at the same time.

a quick and recent example of how this works , ive been playing with @Adrian-11 , everyday , for 3 or 4 hours a day for this last 2 weeks , the only thing i know about him is that he is US and he knows im European, and only because its an easy deduction we can both take from our interaction, we never used a mike and we only type in the chat when its needed , still we both had some great fun , we both learned and benefited from each other , and still we are complete strangers to each other , our confy feeling of isolation from the real world and the people we DONT WANT to have anything to do with in our private life remained the same.

so i repeat my invite for you to get on my friends list and maybe one day you can try some coop with some not so stranger people , and even if you dont want to join us i can at least just enter your session for a couple of minutes to drop you the content of my trash caches, been droping an average 6 to 8 exotics every week to @Adrian-11 that could be for you as he got them all already , up to you.

• PedMM
    20 posts

@virtual-chris
    for me it's been a nightmare farm that weapon. I have done summit changing between heroic and challenging and until now i get a mask a holster a kneepads and 3x backfire
    I really hope I like this gun and use it a lot 😧
    edit - I forgot I also get the sweet dreams shotgun

• Hunted1x
    7 posts

@virtual-chris I know the feeling on group but it really does breathe new life. Can help with the sponge too! And as suggested if the group is going where you want to then just leave, I've done it more than a few times when it's a mess! Similarly I've gone on with an intention from a session and never achieved it when I dropped into a group for a break and just played along instead for a few hours

As for exotics and rng! I'm sure you said you had a vile mask, my jealousy knows no bounds! I've picked up all sorts but this eludes me still. I've decided just to wait and hope, after all when I get that I'm going to have to start rethinking what to do instead of memento for a while....

• Aced_100
    121 posts

@hunted1x As for exotics and rng! I'm sure you said you had a vile mask, my jealousy knows no bounds! I've picked up all sorts but this eludes me still. I've decided just to wait and hope, after all when I get that I'm going to have to start rethinking what to do instead of memento for a while....

I really think that the more you want something the less chance you have of getting it and vice verse, I had the vile mask and got two recently doing challenging invaded missions. When I was after the first one it just wouldn't drop for me even though I was doing masks as targeted loot, all I would get was Coyote's.

And don't even mention all the Merciless rifles I have, was nearly getting one a day at one stage. The only exotics I don't have are the Bighorn and the Eagle Bearer. As to how to get the Lady Death, get a bunch of exotic caches and go to an area with SMG's as targetted loot to open them, it may bring you luck.

• Virtual-Chris

@aced_100

I ended up getting a Lady Death in an exotic cache... that's where I get all my exotics. They never drop in the open world for me.

Suggested Topics