Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• potato.UBI.Svr
    Original poster 7 posts

1 year ago, it was fine and never crash, CTD only happen to division2. But for the last 1 month time when I came back to division1, I found that it just keep crashing.
    I reinstalled the windows10Pro, with the latest version 21H1, windows update until I'm "up to date".
    I installed the latest nvidia driver 471.96 [date 2021.8.31]
    I install nothing except the ubisoft connect and start the division 1.
    It still crashes. That random crash can happen every 15 to 30mins. It just make the game not playable. What can I do?

My PC h/w:
    CPU: Amd Ryzen7 3700X
    RAM: Corsair DDR4 1066MHz 16GB X 4
    HDD: Plextor PX-256M8VC 256GB SATA SSD
    MB: Asrock X570M Pro4
    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 1660 super

I asked some mates I met in the game, seems that random crash affect amd CPU more then Intel. Is that right?
    Most players that don't have that random crash are on Intel platform.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MaralingaVet
    6 posts

@potatontomatobb Never had screen freeze b4, until the last few days, now it happens regularly. Seems to be a fairly wide spread problem.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 829 posts

Hey @potatoNtomatoBB and @MaralingaVet,

I'm sorry to hear you are having crashing / freezing issues. Please can you check through the steps in this article and see if there's anything you haven't tried yet first of all, just to rule out any of the most common causes of issues on PC.

If you still have issues after this, let us know and we'll provide some further steps to try. 

Official Response
  • potato.UBI.Svr
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-froggard Thanks for your response.
    I actually read the article provided by you and done all the things that I can do before I post the original message.
    As I said in my original post,

1. I installed the latest version 21H1 of windows 10Pro, windows-update until it said I AM UPDATED.
    2. I downloaded the UBI Connect from your website and install it and download, run the division 1 from that.
    3. I don't any other program installed other than the UBI connect, so I don't need to stop those from running.
      1. As it is freshly installed, I don't think the game files are corrupted.
    4. my display card is nvidia and I installed the latest version i.e. 471.96 [date 2021.Aug.31]

Before I post the original message, I also followed the instruction from your second article that ask me to set the following programs "Run this program as administrator." And more than the requested file.

1. under the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher"
      1. UbisoftConnect.exe
      2. UbisoftGameLauncher.exe
      3. UbisoftGameLauncher64.exe
      4. Uninstall.exe
      5. upc.exe
      6. UplayCrashReporter.exe
      7. UplayService.exe
      8. UplayWebCore.exe
    2. under the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Tom Clancy's The Division"
      1. TheDivision.exe

And it still crash. I do a time check, the average play time is 20mins before it crashed. Sometimes it can crash every 3 to 5mins and that included the game startup time which is around 1'30".
    What else can I do now?

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 829 posts

Hey @potatontomatobb

Thanks for trying all these things and letting us know. Could you try reverting your graphics drivers back instead please? We are aware of a graphics issue with The Division 2 with the 471.96 drivers, so I'd like to see if this could also be the cause for the crash you are having on The Division 1. Let us know if this makes any differences at all and which driver versions you try.

Official Response
  • potato.UBI.Svr
    Original poster 7 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • potato.UBI.Svr
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-froggard
    OK, but then at least you should tell me which version of the nvidia driver ubisoft officially think it is "OK".
    I re-installed the window10 21H1 again, I found that it come with the version 456.xx, No, the game will crash. I installed the oldest version that support my card, 441.41, same, CTD and even BSOD. I also tried 451.48 and 460.89. None of them allow me to play more than an hour.
    Are you sure it is nvidia problem but not because of your back end upgrading something that make the very stable division1 CTD?

Anymore suggestion?

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 754 posts

Hey @potatontomatobb, sorry to hear that the crashes are persistent for you; I appreciate the additional information. I have gone ahead and created a support ticket on your behalf. This will allow our support team to investigate these crashes further with you and look for any potential solutions.

Please check your email inbox for the ticket number and some steps to help us with our investigation. In the meantime, if you require any further help from us, you know where to find us.

Official Response
  • potato.UBI.Svr
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-gizmo I submitted the reqired info and still waiting. Just to let eveyone know that the Crash-to-Desktop problem is NOT fixed.

• Adrian-11
    707 posts

@potatontomatobb

It's not you, it's from the server-side, and Ubisoft Connect not connecting very well (go figure...).

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 752 posts

@adrian-11 Hi there!

If you have followed the troubleshooting given above, and you're still seeing crashes during gameplay, we would recommend getting in touch with our player support team so that they can take a closer look.

Would you be able to generate some system files, and attach them to a support ticket? This will allow us to offer some ore tailored troubleshooting, and also allow us to get a better idea of what could be causing these crashes.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • IvcaTenshu
    8 posts

@ubi-nacho I think it is a badly optimized game for PC, and something is not right with the servers, because now almost everyone has this problem while playing, I can bet that more attention is paid to Division 2.
    @potato-UBI-Svr I hope I will see you soon in game buddy

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4150 posts

I'm sorry to hear that you've been encountering crashes as well in-game, @IvcaTenshu. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Have you been able to try the troubleshooting steps suggested within this thread by @Ubi-Froggard? These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind technical issues, such as crashing in-game.

If you're still experiencing crashes in-game after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this issue further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • JoueKillah
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi, this error happens again today and I can't fix this things. I tried many ways but it won't work

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

Hello, @jouekillah! I am sorry to hear that you are encountering crashing with the Division. I recommend giving this troubleshooting guide a try to test if it helps resolve this for you. If it does not help, please create a support ticket with our team with your Msinfo and Dxdiag files in order to help investigate this further with you. Thanks!

Official Response
  • Diskach10
    1 posts

Hello. The game crashes to the desktop without errors every 10-30 minutes, tried to take down the settings from the "My Documents" folder, tried to run on DirectX 11 and 12, tried the recommendations you gave a link to above (https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/troubleshooting-technical-issues-on-pc/000061047), nothing helps. On Division 2, for example, there are no such problems.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1048 posts

@diskach10 Hey! Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue also.

Thank you for the troubleshooting that you have done!

Could you see if any errors show in the event log?

Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools. Double-click Event Viewer.

Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

Official Response

Suggested Topics