ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/22 Replies/1458 Views
    BoabH
    Original poster 11 posts

Once again, I can travel to Kenly. Once again, I get to the 'Technology Laboratory' in the student union. Once again, I see the only 'collectable' I'm missing. Once again, I can't get in the room!

This has been an issue, widely reported, since 2017, going by posts on the old forum... Why is it still a thing? How hard could it be to extend the map boundaries or move the collectable to another location? Having to use a work around to complete the mission is a joke, but putting a 'collectable' out of reach is farcical!

Please, can someone fix this issue?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• echolecter
    214 posts

@boabh Not sure which one you're missing as I have collected all of them on 4 characters without any problems. My suggestion would be to try and find another player that either can access the room, or while in their session it might work properly for you too without bugs. If on PC I gladly help you out, if possible of course. For some doors you need a key or do an activity first in order to open them.

• BoabH
    Original poster 11 posts

@echolecter It's not a locked door, it's the room you have to use a switch during the 'Communications jamming hub' investigation in the Student Union. When you follow the blue/white cable and try and enter the room you just rubber band back to the door, if you use 'move to cover' you get an 'out of playable area' warning and teleported back to the main echo. There's a workaround to get the switch from outside the room to continue the investigation at least, but the field data phone is sat on a desk, just out of reach. It's the 'Quarantine' one.

• DoomRulz316
    3 posts

Chiming because I have the same issue. I need to activate a switch for that server deactivation objective, but can't enter the first room. I keep running into the infamous invisible wall. Ubisoft, what's going on? Why hasn't this addressed by now?

• Melon_Boi814
    2 posts

The Location is Kenly College Expedition and Is in the Kenly Student Union

• Auspexs
    1 posts

@Melon_Boi814
    ive got same problem in that place 😕
    cannot enter

• xCrazyWolfyx
    1 posts

Yooow, I also experience this right now while I am playing. This has not been fixed for a long time??? Then how do we supposed to finish the Kenly College missions?

• Melon_Boi814
    2 posts

@auspexs I Mean i wouldn't mind if it WASN'T tied to the quest but yeah I had this yesterday too so it seems consistent

• echolecter
    214 posts

Sounds familiar (not seen video). I think this thread is about the same issue and can be solved with workaround if so...

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/107895/asking-for-help-with-kenly-college-level-30?lang=en-US

• dracosveen
    1 posts

This BUG refers to the portion of Kenly Union when you have to disable the power sources in sequence to destroy the Jamming Station in the Coffee shop.

NOTE: This BUG was reported as early as March 2012 and has still not been fixed. Why???? This BUG not only stops progression of this event but also prevents the gathering of a device meaning that the device gathering accolade cannot be completed either.

SYSTEM: PS5

RECREATE:
    From the Jamming Station in the centre of the Coffee Shop in Kenly Union, follow the blue wire. This is the first power source that needs to be disabled. This is in the Technology Laboratory a floor above the coffee shop. There are 2 doors to enter the lab. When trying to enter you are rubber banded out. Standing at the doors the device is straight ahead from the right hand door and the power source is to the left of the left hand door.

If you try and roll in you get kicked to the beginning of Kenly Union as you are deemed outside of the play area.

WORKAROUND:
    I hesitate to state the workaround because then that just gives the developers a YAGNI about this BUG. Either way, this workaround has been mentioned in several posts and places on the net that I could find. Some players have had success and others not.

When standing facing the interior of the lab at the left hand door, look to the left and see the painting on the wall. It is a landscape painting of a lake and mountains. Move to the far left corner of the painting and get into position just as the "Disable" pops up. You need to do this as far away from the door as possible. When in position, hold down the square button to start disabling. The disabling action will begin and your character will start to automatically try to move to in front of the item that you are interacting with. IF you were far enough left you should get stuck on the door frame because of the routing. You will notice that the action stops. Your character will bounce around a bit as the routing tries to get the character in front of the object. Keep holding the square button and after 2-3 bounces your character should move back towards the starting point (left corner of the painting) and the interaction will complete and you can continue.

Unfortunately I was unable to get the device. It is too far into the room and rolling proved to not be effective.

• Wasdom_Kung
    11 posts

@dracosveen I've seen that this has been an issue for well over a year as well - on PC too.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3614 posts

@dracosveen I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

I can confirm that the issue was reported and investigated, however the development team were unable to reproduce the issue which is why there has been no fix for it.

Could you please provide a video to show that you are unable to enter the Technology Laboratory and I will forward this on to the development team again for further investigation.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Ray
    Ubisoft Support Staff 41 posts

Hello there, Agents! I apologize for the issues you have faced with accessing the Technology Laboratory in the Kenly College student union. Would you please provide me with a video clip showcasing this issue so that I may report this information to the appropriate teams for further investigation?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Ray
    Ubisoft Support Staff 41 posts

Hello, agents! I apologize for the complications you have faced with entering this room in Kenly College's student center. I have reported this information to our development team for further investigation. In the meantime, would you please confirm the platform you are playing on, as well as your Character and Season levels @Auspexs and @Melon_Boi814 ?

Official Response
  • DoomRulz316
    3 posts

@ubi-ray Sure...whenever the event decides to run again.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 909 posts

@doomrulz316 Thank you greatly!

Official Response
  • Killorio
    97 posts

I was playing first time last week the Expedition missions at Kenly College, and more specifically at Kenly Student Union and was doing well there until in a specific objective from "Investigation: Communications Jamming Hub" mission where I had turn disable a power source on a wall, where I struggled a lot to complete it due a BUG! What happened is in this specific room (Technology Laboratory) I was warped out of the room back to the adjacent corridor but when I managed to brute-force my way in, a "out of bounds" notification message appeared and 3 seconds later the game reloaded me back at ECO entrance, every time.
    I nearly gave up of the mission. Thanks to a Youtube video (

) I managed to barely find a way to bypass this bug, but the worst part is I learned this Bug is old (since May 2020) and is STILL not fixed, what an absurd!!! It is not because these missions are seasonal that justifies or excuse this terrible negligence from you, Ubisoft. It is disappointing to find a bug like this in otherwise such a gorgeous polished game as The Division 2. Please, make Massive Entertainment FIX THIS!

• Kadaf.Son
    2 posts

I got the same problem!

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2211 posts

Hey @killorio

Thanks for sharing this and I'm glad you have managed to get through the mission with perseverance and following the workaround in the video. It looks like this was supposed to have been resolved previously but I will update the game team that it is happening again. I apologise for any inconvenience caused from it.

@Kadaf-Son In the meantime, can you try following the suggestion in the video posted too please? Hope it works for you too.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2211 posts

Hey everyone,

I have just merged 3 threads on this topic and we have reported this issue is back with the mission being brought back too. It was an issue before but was supposedly fixed from a patch, so hopefully we can get a quick fix for it again. In the meantime, @Killorio has shared a video above that shows a way to bypass the bug with some perseverance, so this may also help anyone else still stuck at this point. We'll let you know when we have any other updates on this.

Official Response

Suggested Topics